It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid construction explained and the carnage that follows.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So some are offended by my attitude. I'll now post an testimonial from that other place, by the guy I insult more probably than any one person has been insulted by one other person in history. At least 2000 jokes on him alone and going strong.

This is real and meant...

On another subject, I ain't no xxx-kisser! Never have been, never will be. I take enough heat just the way I am. But I will go on record as saying teacher (me) is the most morally honest person in DP history. For someone who has gone through the things he's had to endure, getting the courage to get up and get through each day, is quite a feat. Let alone holding on to some sense of humor.

And quite the humor it is...

...for a Florida handyman!

We are political opposites. Any of you ever had something said like that about you, ever?

But you have me all figured out.

CX, for what it's worth, didn't come here at all like you're thinking. Came to drop my theory. Which you don't have 5% of, and a year old at that. I have a reply for every single comment. But I don't dare. Some of you said I fervently believe this IS the way it was done. Guess you missed where I made a point to say the exact opposite, even going to the extreme of naming my method. The way I would do it. (twiwdi).

Now, don't get this wrong, this is fact, truth, not bragging.

So the newbie comes in and lights the place up, gets you all a buzz, riled, as intended. My thread was on top in the home page in both categories once. Still there. Now I've posted and I bet it gets there again, so don't post. Have you seen the amount of views? Yea, I came in hot, binging it, and...how many of you has ever done what I just did on your best day? Just another day for me. Bet anything that is a record in many categories. But instead of talking about my theory, joking and smoking, I'm telling the unpleasent truth. How ya'll feeling bout now? Got banned for saying I was smart. Gonna ban me for proving it?

Giddyup.

Who wants to build pyramids?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
youre debating one piece to the puzzle. nice that you can move huge blocks with leverage. i bet you know stuff about leverage that would make the average person say "wow, thats some leverage". (no sarcasm). but the problem is the carbon dating is almost all from the mortar, even the mortar carbon dating pre-dates when they were allegedly built, and the carbon dating that was done by measuring the cuts instead of the mortar is missing.

you dont have to post any leverage links to convince me. its every single other aspect that isnt figured out yet.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
youre debating one piece to the puzzle. nice that you can move huge blocks with leverage. i bet you know stuff about leverage that would make the average person say "wow, thats some leverage". (no sarcasm). but the problem is the carbon dating is almost all from the mortar, even the mortar carbon dating pre-dates when they were allegedly built, and the carbon dating that was done by measuring the cuts instead of the mortar is missing.

you dont have to post any leverage links to convince me. its every single other aspect that isnt figured out yet.

Can you please elaborate on the carbon-dating issue? I find what you said very intriguing, but I'm afraid I may have misunderstood what you said.

Are you saying the leverage is unimportant, and the real mystery is the age of the Pyramids? If so, would you agree the process of carbon-dating has problems in and of itself?

Having never, ever, investigated the mysteries of the Pyramids myself, I must admit my ignorance on this subject. But, after reading the proposed theory by Marc, it has sparked a very keen interest on my part. Your statements about carbon-dating only furthers this interest. I just hope I have understood you correctly.

Everything is IMO, as to avoid links.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
originally posted by jprophet420
youre debating one piece to the puzzle. nice that you can move huge blocks with leverage. i bet you know stuff about leverage that would make the average person say "wow, thats some leverage". (no sarcasm).

Well, yes. That is hilarious. yes, I can do stuff with a lever and a weight that ya'll haven't considered needed doing. Bu thanks. I'll be way proving it later.

but the problem is the carbon dating is almost all from the mortar, even the mortar carbon dating pre-dates when they were allegedly built, and the carbon dating that was done by measuring the cuts instead of the mortar is missing.

Haven't heard a thing about it. Good thing my theory isn't based on when.

you dont have to post any leverage links to convince me.

See, that was a joke. Web site that says I'm right?

its every single other aspect that isnt figured out yet.

Yet. Not even 5% of my stuff is posted here yet.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marchimedes
So some are offended by my attitude.
Yes, you will get that anywhere. But I will assure you I found it entertaning. I just hope you can finish without getting banned, because you hooked me from the first post.

Giddyup.

Who wants to build pyramids?

A question about your brick roads; What made you come to the conclusion, the Pyramid creators decided on the system of using the brick roads as the actual pieces of the Pyramid? Does it just cut down on time?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Well i'm sorry people, maybe i'm over reacting on this one, but i just took a look at Marcimede's so called "teachings" on another site which i won't even waste finger energy on by typing the link, and i can't listen to this guy any more.

Personaly i think that despite his knowledge in the subject of pyramid construction, i feel he came here to cause trouble and he seems to relish in telling his followers this on his other site.

It takes me a lot to feel sad for a person, to feel sorry for someone, but today i do. Some people in this world are going to hit the reality wall with a huge thud one day and oh my God is this guy gonna feel it!
I thought it was verging on amusing at first, but not now.

You can post intelligent posts without abuse, you can use humour without insulting people.

Rant over, sorry if this is off topic, but as the topic author is too busy taking the p**s out of ATS elsewhere, i don't think it makes that much difference any more.

CX.

No links? Boo
I have to disagree with your post, because I feel his style was very ingenious. The way he hyped his thread or caused other people to hype his thread put this on the front page. Now he has a lot of posters eyes.

But I must fall back, because you were named. That may have irked me as well.

Originally posted by CX
You have voted Marchimedes for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

The above vote is based purely on the basis that it's the only post for a long time to give me a good belly laugh! Ok fill your boots Mark, i'll leave you to it.

Good luck.

CX.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Marchimedes this is interesting and everything but do you know when you'll have some visual aids up which explain your methods?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Even I have to admit this is rather entertaining...

Marchimedes: It would be helpful, however, if you learned how to properly post images and quotes.

Just press the quote button on this post and study the BB code.

THIS IS A QUOTE used to to generally quote statements of other members...

If you are quoting external material, use this:

Bla bla bla

If you need a free image hosting site, use this one: www.imageshack.us... Upload the image and then post the resulting "Direct link to image" this way:

www.zoobooks.com..." border=0>

Those are the basics and we can help with the rest when needed...

Entertain away!

[edit on 11-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by owner
Marchimedes this is interesting and everything but do you know when you'll have some visual aids up which explain your methods?

Well, I'm not the brightest fellow, I have a name tag fo myself. There you go. I'll insult myself.

Settle down owner, this might work.

(Mod edit: Fixed typo in the URL, switched to ATS tags and scaled the image down a bit. For the BBCode involved, just hit the "Quote" button for this post. --Majic)

[edit on 8/11/2006 by Majic]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Good job.

Now insult yourself with an image... (AND KEEP IT CLEAN!!!!)

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Words Of The Ancients

If we may briefly set humor aside for just a moment, let's remember that this is the Ancient & Lost Civilizations forum, and members come here to talk about Ancient & Lost Civilizations, so let's please try to focus on pyramids and their construction.

Alternatively, we can have fun and kid around, but if we do, then this thread will probably be moved to BTS where levity is always on topic.

When deciding where to put a thread, I generally look at what the original poster presented and where that member is leading discussion and go from there.

In this case, it can go either way, so Marchimedes, I'll leave it up to you to decide if we're talking about pyramids or gags, and act accordingly.

But let's choose a topic and try to stick with it.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Agreed, Majic.

OK, Marchimedes let's see some images about your techniques...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Even I have to admit this is rather entertaining...

Marchimedes: It would be helpful, however, if you learned how to properly post images and quotes.

Just press the quote button on this post and study the BB code.

THIS IS A QUOTE used to to generally quote statements of other members...

If you are quoting external material, use this:

Bla bla bla

If you need a free image hosting site, use this one: www.imageshack.us... Upload the image and then post the resulting "Direct link to image" this way:

www.zoobooks.com..." border=0>

Those are the basics and we can help with the rest when needed...

Entertain away!

Never heard of a BBcode. Been playing with computers for only a couple of years. Don't get me started on computers. I'll hurt someones feelings and get banned, again. Which reminds me. At that other place I was banned twice in the beginning. They have a kinda unmoderated forum called The Basement. Just no threats and such. I pretty much moved in. So I spent some time there abusing folks, much to the delight of the kids. Things kinda started getting out of hand, even for The Basement. I told you all I was mild here. I can run people off, settle them down, kind of conrtol a little folks with abuse. It's just so horid, true and funny they have no comeback and slip away. So the owner asked me if I would mind being The Basement moderator so to speak. I made some demands, got them and I'm in. One demznd is o pick my own title. I'm The Warden. Go ahead and laugh. I keep contol thee by abuse, my rules, and a unwritten system I set up that if someone gets out of line all the rest of us get onto them right away. We don't want rules and police. We are adults and don't need them. troublemakers lead to the need for rules, and everyone understands this. We are self policing. I don't edit or ban. Something gets out of hand, I get told, I show up, lay out some abuse, the party can't hang, embarrasment and shame does the rest. i haven't been out insulted, not even close. It's the way it is, has been, and will be for ever and ever, Amen. I'm The Warden. Unique in foums hat I've seen. You got modeators, super moderators, administratos, you know, but only one Warden. Everybody there gets it. What's that got to do with images? Not a thing. Just felt you should know that. Why? All these posts while I was banned? I choose to not play. I guess the deal is I get called names and such and have no recourse. Don't see me whining, calling for bannishment, suggesting new rules. You have to be a member to find The Basement.

Do you all understand what I'm saying? I control the place with text. Sometimes a real nasty Nazi or something joins. I'll get a PM "get him". After a while they log off forever or get so mad they say stupid things and get themselves banned. Over a year. No one close, it's understood. And it's funny. So all you that think you got me, think your little "not smart enough to not load the c drive" comments have game? I don't sweat it. I've got the goods in my hip pocket. I can roll anytime, for as long as I wish, spreading carnage. So if you really think you have what it takes, you know where to find me. I also have the most viewed and replied to thread there. It's my humor. Tell me I'm not funny. You'd just be wrong. And I could care less.

Images. I draw from my several hundred drawings in paint. Image shack is not the way. Go to be in house and fast. I'll get it if I try. Or take help. BBcode? Not a clue.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Words Of The Ancients

talking about pyramids or gags,
I can do both at the same time and chew gum. But not here.

So I go to the members place, upload a paint, copy it, come here, click insert an image, paste theadress from the members place there, hit okay then fail. Who can I blame, what kind of fine can be levied, and I assume it can be paid in beer. I need images. I've a lot of ideas unheard of and best shown.

Okay folks, the last block on a level, it has o fi infron of one and between two others tight. Somehow you get it in, I'll cover that, but the back leftcorner is low.

Make fun of me moving weight. Call me names. We are building a pyramid here. You're not going home until this block is level. It's part of the building right? Your theory has to cover this. Mine does, quarry to top.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Is this dude ever going to post the pics! I think he's intentionally trying to drive me nuts!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Do you all understand what I'm saying? I control the place with text.

That's there.

This is here. Two different locations. WE control this location with text.

Back to topic...

In fact, it's been known for some time that blocks were levered in place to some extent in building the pyramids. This 1978 journal article mentions it: links.jstor.org...(197803)37%3A1%3C3%3ABCP%3E2.0.CO%3B2-B

However, they weren't dragging the stones atop a "road" of other pyramid blocks. The friction of stone on stone is higher than stone on mud, so they'd be doing a lot more work. And if one of the stones fell off another, the limestone is brittle enough to shatter. That means going back to the quarry and cutting more rocks.

In order to make a smooth surface, they would have to lay the "road" in with a lot of precision, adjusting the blocks on the sand so that there weren't any gaps in them. The "road" would have to be at least two blocks wide, otherwise they'd fall off the sides when you pulled them forward.

The road would also be resting on soft sand that doesn't compress evenly under weight. Sand shifts (remember the Biblical injunction about building a house on shifting sands.)

Not to mention the wear and erosion on the "pavement" blocks after 20 years of stone being constantly dragged across them. Our own modern roads (built of more fleible material on a better engineered substrate) crack and have problems after 8 years of use.

I doublechecked on the intestine idea. Are you aware of just how fragile these intestine membranes are? They aren't waterproof (sausages take in water as they cook, and animal skin condoms aren't as bulletproof as latex) and they do rip easily. Coating them with something (wax) makes the contents unviewable.

So setting this hypothetical device of yours on a block of stone would simply suck the water from the membrane pores. You'd be left with a very flat and limp looking bladder -- if you didn't rip it to shreds when you slid it across the surface of the stone.

That's not a useful tool.

The tools that they do have pictured are made out of wood and very durable. They are consistant (unlike things manufactured from animal products, which can vary according to the age and weight of the animal as well as the breed and the physical condition) and they don't shrink.

So: levers moving pyramid blocks is an old idea. They wrote about hauling the blocks with human effort and oxen and boat.
* The ancient Egyptians failed to show stone roads being made, to write about stone roads being made, to give men the title of "Royal road maker" (every overseer had a title, and we know what they are. Any road built would have had an overseer).
* You're assuming a perfectly smooth stone (which they weren't) and all of equal size (they aren't) and a coeficient of friction that's actually lower than mud. You will have to supply proof that the ancient Egyptians polished the stones so smoothly that you could easily slide another stone over it.
* You seem to be assuming that animal intestine bladders are about the same sort of durable, watertight container as latex. They aren't.

In order to make a viable concept, you'll have to go to the original hieroglyphic texts and to the paintings themselves and look for the clues that support your idea. Otherwise, it's as viable as "a flock of My Little Ponies descended and put it all together with the help of the Care Bears."

Soooooooo.... start trotting out your supporting points from Ancient Egypt. Personal experience doesn't count -- my ability to do calculus and to move things with pully systems doesn't mean that THEY did it.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   

talking about pyramids or gags, I can do both at the same time and chew gum. But not here.

So I go to the members place, upload a paint, copy it, come here, click insert an image, paste theadress from the members place there, hit okay then fail. Who can I blame, what kind of fine can be levied, and I assume it can be paid in beer. I need images. I've a lot of ideas unheard of and best shown.

Okay folks, the last block on a level, it has o fi infron of one and between two others tight. Somehow you get it in, I'll cover that, but the back leftcorner is low.

Make fun of me moving weight. Call me names. We are building a pyramid here. You're not going home until this block is level. It's part of the building right? Your theory has to cover this. Mine does, quarry to top.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post some images, please.

If you need to, I can give you my e-mail address so you can send an image to me, to post on ATS.

The 10 steps of sharing an image file:
Step 1. Open up your e-mail homepage.
Step 2. Click 'Compose Mail'
Step 3. Type my e-mail address in to the line that says To:
Step 4. Type, 'ATS Images' in the subject line.
Step 5. Click the 'Attach' link
Step 6. There will be a Window that pops up, with all of your computers files. Double-Click on the image file that you want to appear on ATS.
Step 7. Repeat Step #6 for each image file that you want me to put on ATS.
Step 8. Click 'Send' at the bottom of the composed mail page.
Step 9.Refresh your browser, with your ATS thread open, until you see your images, posted by me.
Step 10.Quote my post and explain each image, in any way you see fit.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by trudginup]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaneSo, since I am forced, I guess I must address this as I can.

Here would be a Level/Plumb Bob/Square
touregypt.net...

From another site, I acquired this insight

www.sciencetech.technomuses.ca...
HOW DOES IT WORK? The level is hooked to a string spanning two points. A plumb bob is then hung from the level

There is some "Other" examples of these "A Levels" as well

So, if Hung, between a Span, The tool would infact become a Line Level, which would make absolute sense in the "Grand" Scheme.

Glad you did the research. I knew what I was talking about, but was sleepy and distracted and began to wonder if I really WAS making sense. They're beautiful precision tools, and each builder treasured his own set.

I'm not sure, but I believe these same tools were the primary architectural and building tools for thousands of years. I have a vague memory that they were also used in the construction of medieval castles.

Technology gets handed down and modified, but the successful stuff stays around for a long time.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Okay, Mark. What about the pyramid on the moon and on the ones on Mars? Explain to me how the Egqytians without the assistance of extraterrestials were capable of moving stones "perfectly cut" mind you -- weighing up to 2.5 tons from the stone quarry all the way to the above mentioned locations? Explain that, smart guy. That's right.... you CAN'T.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'm still very interested in your theory, Mark. Could you please carry on with it, as I wish to see that you have done more than simply applied modern construction techniques to a pyramid structure. I am sure that the leverage principle has been muted before, as have your levelling techniques(see my earlier post)

Oh, and could you please answer these questions, rather than just telling me that you will throw poor insults at me until I go away. (Which won't happen, I'm here for debate!!)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join