It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 TV tapes go missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Wow i just saw this news on slashdot

NASA has received a lot of bad press in the last few years. Now in a stunning move to prove how much they have learned from past mistakes, it appears they have lost the magnetic tapes that recorded the first moon walk. They also seem to have misplaced the original recordings of the other five Apollo moon landings. Hopefully nobody has taped an episode of "The OC" over them yet.

On July 21st 1969, Honeysuckle Creek observatory brought us the first TV pictures of men on the moon. The original signals were recorded on high quality slow-scan TV (SSTV) tapes. What was released to the TV networks was reduced to lower quality commercial TV standards. Unfortunately John Sarkissian of Parkes Observatory Australia reports that 698 of the 700 boxes of original tapes have gone missing (Warning large pdf) from the U.S. National Archives. Even more worryingly, the last place on earth which can actually read these tapes is scheduled to close in October this year.

More here : One giant blunder from NASA

Al i can say is... i bet this doens't do good to the ammount of CT's surrounding the moonlandings does it.... i mean the actual 'raw' proof that men were walking on the moon is gone...

I can hear the CT-ers scream : how convinient !

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Already posted within the last 10 days here:

Moon Footage 'Lost'

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
As mentioned, there is an existing thread on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

Closing ...

new topics

join