It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever happened to you? Fall asleep early, wake up to big storm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Tonight I mysteriously felt extremely sleepy at an early hour. I fell asleep in the chair I was in. I woke up hours later but still felt real sleepy and immediately fell back asleep on top of my bed for another 2 or 3 hours. Then I heard some loud rumbling. Within minutes I felt awake and a massive downpour with lots of lightning was going on outside. That was the most rain we've gotten all month since we are in a drought. I thought that was a bit strange.

I seem to be mysteriously interfering with the radio signal on the radio as well.

It seems a bit strange when you look at a radar screen at 2 am in the morning and storms across the nation are dying out except right where you are at where one came out of nowhere. Anyone else notice strange things like this?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Anyone else notice strange things like this?

Well hang on a minute matey, I wouldn't call this strange just yet. There are many possible reasons why you could get a thunderstorm. You even said you were asleep for a good few hours, therefor giving the clouds plenty of time to create one without you knowing.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yeah, I don't see or suspect any kind of paranormal occurance here unless you were purposefully trying to 'will' it to rain, or have evidence someone else was.

Want to hear something really crazy though.....

One time I woke up. I believe it was December 25th. I ran downstairs, and someone had mysteriously put presents under the tree while I was asleep! And outside, the ground was covered in snow. How do you explain that one?

And the radio interference you would have to elaborate. If you can wave your hand over it and it changes entirely from one side of the dial to the other, then that is something special or you need to cut back on the iron. If you are just slightly changing it, I do that too. When I am near a radio it will be partially staticy, then I step back 3 or 4 feet out of the room and it's fine. It also works the opposite way sometimes, working better when I am around it. Again I don't think there is anything paranormal there. Humans must just make good antennas.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I believe electromagnetism does effect the body. A thunderstorm is a massive discharge of electricity. While I don't think it can cause direct harm unless you're struck by lightning, I do think it has an effect on exciting brain activity or at least generating a sense of awareness even without the flashes of light and booming sound. It would be an interesting study to see if someone in a room isolated from sound and light would be able to "detect" when a thunderstorm is overhead. I know I've had more vivid dreams during storms for whatever reason. A few weeks ago there was a storm that sounded like artillery in the distance because it was non-stop booming. While over head it was akin to a strobelight with constant flashing and impactful gusts of wind. I really expected fires and such to be on the news, but nothing was reported. Probably inter-cloud discharges but was quite an experience nonetheless

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Check this thread i got banned for some reason they said it was an "Error"
Hmm what was you doing before you fell asleep orion?
Thread

[edit on 10-8-2006 by MorninG StaR 21]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I was watching tv. It just seems strange when you feel extremely sleepy at an early hour but I suppose that could have been a side effect of some anti-allergy medicine I took. Then I hear all the lightning and thunder. I imagine coming back to Earth and a storm erupts out of nowhere. No harm done though. My yard and grass were brown from the drought since I believe we only had about 0.10 of rain in the last 30 days. Thanks to that storm and another one we now have about an inch all in the same day. Meanwhile I heard someone down the road saw all the lightning and thunder going on where I live at and they were wondering if they were going to get any rain. They didn't. The storm died down rather quickly.

I used to enjoy daily storms almost every day when I was a teenager even if the meteorologist on the tv station 100 miles away sometimes commented "no rain anywhere in the state, except in ... again" (where I lived at).

Since I can't establish a direct link to anything I'm doing and the weather, I suppose you can only say it's lucky coincidence. However it was strange having all the static on the radio that night except when I moved away from it. I suppose being at the center of a storm isn't necessarily paranormal unless it seems to occur a lot. I remember a dust devil formed around me one time and moved with me but that only happened one time as well.

The most impressive center of storm activity I remember being in was a very large tornado complex where apparently I was near the center of a supercell and the lightning was so steady and intense that the lights of the storm stayed on outside without flickering (at night). I got blinded by the light as well. That was scary but I recovered after a few minutes. Seeing the bright lights on all the window shades stay on for a couple of minutes without any signs of flickering between lightning bolts made me want to look outside. I saw an intense light on everything outside and then I couldn't see anything for a few minutes. That was scary. I suppose it was worse for the people experiencing the F5 tornadoes down the road. Of course if you pick a given spot, it will become the center of a storm eventually.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I suppose this could be a coincidence as well but it seems strange but I'm used to that. Yesterday I started taking some medicine to get rid of something I got somewhere probably sinus. Anyway one side effect I had this time was that it made me feel colder. One day later, we've had almost 2 additional inches of rain and the outside temperature in the late afternoon in South Carolina on August 12th, 2006 is a nice 66 degrees.

As I went into my computer room, I unfortunately blew up another light bulb as I flipped the switch. I'll be glad when I go back off this medicine. I don't like all the side effects. I suppose you could say, I'm just lucky when it comes to the weather.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If I have this straight, you fell asleep in a chair while watching tv, and after taking some anti alergy medication. You then woke up and went to bed, where you slept for a few more hours. You were then awoken by a thunderstorm.

I fail to see anything strange here. Am I missing something?

Ack

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I must vouch for the original poster; I have experienced this 2-3 times this year.

An important detail about me: I don't take naps. I find it hard to sleep, even at night after a full day. However, a few times this year, I have randomly gotten incredibly tired during the day, I go to sleep, and when I wake up it is raining and storming very heavily outside. Perhaps it is a phenomenon related to the one wherein elderly people can feel a storm coming 'in their bones' (which I always assumed was due to the changes in pressure and whatnot that occur with storms).

top topics

join