It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Gatwick airport has just closed now.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
There is obviously more to this then the news can let on so i think the next 24 hours will be interesting. I also think a attack of some kind is imminent and am kind of worried by those 11 Egyptian students who have gone missing in the US. Does anyone know if they have turned up yet???????

there is more to this.
if Heathrow is telling people to turn around and go home, ports are being put on high alert and i can tell you first hand, ive seen the army starting to move out in Canterbury. Something is imminent cause the media has been left in the dark.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
police activity here is increased aswell

somethings going on thats for sure

and whatever it is i don't like it

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLR Jester
Gatwick airport has just closed now.

now, something big is going to happen or is about to be stopped. You don't close to airports for nothing. the media are either covering something up or know nothing. BBC one is now showing this and they only switch over when something big is going to happen.

*bites nails*

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
good point remember 7/7 when they did the same thing to report "power surges" in the underground shutting it down then like a hour or so later they reported the terrorist bombings

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
yes but nothing has actually happened has it? Don't fall into the trap of over-reacting or panicking over shadows. If it were that serious civilians would have been evacuated from the airports. Gatwick is not closed, only easyjet flights.

link   

Originally posted by aragami
good point remember 7/7 when they did the same thing to report "power surges" in the underground shutting it down then like a hour or so later they reported the terrorist bombings

Again another day of peak sunspot activity.
They also had a drill at the same locations at the same time, strange huh!

We are going to loose a plane today and it is disgusting that these people 'our leaders' are going to get away with even more senseless killing.

link   
ive just seen two fighter jets flying low over head we never see fighter jets down in here in sleepy old swanage, south coast.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aragami

thats a good point, very good point.

still i really dont like it. i don't know about other UK members, but when i stepped outside...its really silent

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
On FoxNews they were talking about it's suspected that not all the terrorists are caught, so I'm thinking they're protecting against that. Who knows though?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Yup, they have just said that now. trust the beeb to go all dramatic whenever they getr something coming in, I do wish they would verify the information before saying it

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
looks like im abit behind the times on this lol

been following this since 7am uk , when i rolled out of bed on turn on the tv to the news, 21 "young british muslim men" arrested in a 2am terror raid, sources say they r still looking for more.

the explosive has been said to be liquid based, and they would of been dentonted in mid air over the UK and US

ok if you belive that this is a real threat and not propaganda, how close where they to carring out the attack. the loss of life would of been massive.

sky news are saying scotland Yard are going to release futhure details later on today.

looks like the war on terror isnt working, and how long before they try to pin this one on al-queida. cant they amdit that the UK has a growing terriost network.

[edit on 10/8/06 by snakebite]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Ive switched over to the BBC now.

By saying two suspects are "at large" its worrying, Scotland Yard news conference is only focusing on the "criminal investigation" not the terrorism plot. All it is doing, is confirming news sources. Still left in the dark.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I wonder what the catalyst was that forced the hand of the intelligence services and police to make the arrests, can only assume that the date of the attack became apparent to them and it was very close

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by thesaint
There is obviously more to this then the news can let on so i think the next 24 hours will be interesting. I also think a attack of some kind is imminent and am kind of worried by those 11 Egyptian students who have gone missing in the US. Does anyone know if they have turned up yet???????

there is more to this.
if Heathrow is telling people to turn around and go home, ports are being put on high alert and i can tell you first hand, ive seen the army starting to move out in Canterbury. Something is imminent cause the media has been left in the dark.

I was in Canterbury yesterday returning from Paris and i must say security at dover is very relaxed we didnt get our passports or vehicles checked once outbound or inbound.

Being ex military i have a few close contacts still serving. I have been on the phone to one of them in the last hour and was told they have been placed on temp 5 minutes notice to move should anything arise

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
what a meaningless press conference.

we, my friends, are being kept in the dark. something is happening or about to happen and we are not being told

Being ex military i have a few close contacts still serving. I have been on the phone to one of them in the last hour and was told they have been placed on temp 5 minutes notice to move should anything arise

Police are driving around and army trucks aswell (but its normal, this happened on 9/11 and 7/7). afew sirens, but something really doesn't feel right.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
what a meaningless press conference.

we, my friends, are being kept in the dark. something is happening or about to happen and we are not being told

I'm sure they're going to use the line "We didn't want to cause mass hysteria". They really are being really quiet about things.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I'm sure the bombing were planned for tomorrow. 11. July 11, Mumbai. August 11. UK. September 11. New York again? Boom. Bush wins elections because of war on boogeyman. Again.

Bombs blowing or not doesn't have any importance. It's the way the medias treat it that is important. They must FEAR the people and show how Al-Qaeda is strong and related to Iran.. cought cought.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
press conference from anti-terror chief took no questions and said basically nothing except he was very busy with it all and it would be going on for a long time. a whole lotta nothing.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I'm sure the bombing were planned for tomorrow. 11. July 11, Mumbai. August 11. UK. September 11. New York again? Boom. Bush wins elections because of war on boogeyman. Again.

I was thinking either they planned it within the next few days. This time though they were planning on blowing up the planes mid flight, and I don't really see how Bush could gain from this. We are already in Iraq and staying even longer, plus Bush is out in a few years for good.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join