It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
The same reason we give him the illusion that he is Prime Minister?

Two phrases they keep on repeating on news are worrying:

1. "Unprecedented deaths"

2. "Considerable loss of life on unimaginable scale"

If the planes were meant to fall into the Atlantic, I think we can roughly calculate how many unfortunate people would persish... unless there is something else?

if we say 200 people on each plane including crew (because its easy to work out the numbers) 10 planes = 2000 dead, if its the top figure i've heard at 20 it'll be 4000 dead, not quite as many as the wtc.

the thing i keep hearing is "on a unprecedented scale" which i'm assuming refers to how many planes were meant to be targetted

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormy waters
I have been watching the news since 7.30am GMT, first there were 20 planes, then 3, then 10, even 6 on sky news.

The first casualty of war etc...

If this whole scenario was true the bombers would have struck in the airport by now, knowing they could not complete their 'missions'.

Or left the area because of the high levels of security and be lying low/waiting for another target?

Sunspots?????

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Well, planes can leave the UK, but they cannot enter our airspace.

Heathrow will be the one that will probably be the most tighests and any airport around the capital

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormy waters
I have been watching the news since 7.30am GMT, first there were 20 planes, then 3, then 10, even 6 on sky news. There were also 20 people arrested, then 18, whats next 2 (Bush/Blair)

I have been looking at an active sunspot www and there is a strange thing happening; www here:
www.sec.noaa.gov...
This activity has similarity's to sunspot activity on 9/11

Also isn't there meant to be a planetary alignment today

If this whole scenario was true the bombers would have struck in the airport by now, knowing they could not complete their 'missions'.

The graph looks very interesting but what has that got to do with whats
going on now?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
There is more to come of this, you can bet.

another incident is bound to happen, it always seem to lead to another "incident"

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
If this was a real security issue why let heathrow airport (and others) fill up with people milling about and presenting a big target. Didn't the UK used to evacuate areas of risk when there were security threats from the IRA?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by aragami
out of curiosity does anyone know what cobra actually means?

"Cabinet Office Briefing Room A" the normal venue for meetings I believe. (or Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 - take your pick).

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
Didn't the UK used to evacuate areas of risk when there were security threats from the IRA?

IRA gave a warning, with time and location (just like ETA).

im suprised they haven't evacuated the airport, the only thing i can think of, is that no device made it to the airport.

Glasgow airport have stopped all flights to Heathrow until 3pm (where it will be reviewed).

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test

"Cabinet Office Briefing Room A" the normal venue for meetings I believe. (or Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 - take your pick).

news.bbc.co.uk...

Cobra is the dramatic name for the civil contingencies committee which leads responses to national crises.

The group is named after the Cabinet Office Briefing Room A in the bowels of Downing Street where it normally meets.

It has been convened in recent years for the 7 July London bombings, the fuel protests and 11 September attack.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I was driving on the motorway not far from speke airport(liverpools main airport) about 9 this morning and i saw lots of planes/trails.

If someone wanted to blow a plane up why tell anyone? just do it.

I smell a big stinky rat.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Still waiting on this Home Office Update, due shortly they say

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I predict lots of veiled hints and no details. Stock market doing fine so if they're not worried it can't be too serious and normal service due to resume shortly.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLR Jester
Still waiting on this Home Office Update, due shortly they say

Yep, hopefully we will find out what happened to the two "missing suspects".

the update will be brief and probably will not give too much away.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
As you prbably have seen it is all over the TV in England at the moment however im puzzled that reports are saying there is going to be a lot more activity within the next 24 hours.

I presume by this they mean more house raids by police and intel services or possibly more stringent and permanent procedures for those who will be flying.

Heathrow especially is now via the news telling passengers who have not yet arrived at the airport to turn around and go home.

There is obviously more to this then the news can let on so i think the next 24 hours will be interesting. I also think a attack of some kind is imminent and am kind of worried by those 11 Egyptian students who have gone missing in the US. Does anyone know if they have turned up yet???????

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
I was driving on the motorway not far from speke airport(liverpools main airport) about 9 this morning and i saw lots of planes/trails.

If someone wanted to blow a plane up why tell anyone? just do it.

I smell a big stinky rat.

they didn't

they were under investigation by the counter terrorist folk, "something happened", the met and the counter terrorist lot decided it meant they needed to move now, they arrested 21 people and as far as im aware 2 wanted suspects are still at large, and they raised the threat level to critical as either SOP or because they expect something to happen and their covering their asses

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Another terror expert really going on about this liquid explosives, apparently the police were ready for this type of device attack and were prepared.

Why do all the experts look rather uncomfortable talking

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
IStock market doing fine so if they're not worried it can't be too serious

the market is down by 70 points, DAX is down over a 100 and other European markets have fallen too, so it must be serious if the markets are concered.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
3 of those Egyptian students have turned themselves in I read today on the news (Google I think)

The press briefing has been repeatedly put back this morning, they are trying to get their ducks in a row.

The pressure from Travel companies and multinationals must be immense, this will blow over as quick as it started.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
You have asked me what sunspots have to do with it, I take it you all (or most) believe that 9/11 was conducted by the US govt (well cheney, bush etc)

These people are not what they appear, they claim to be christians yet they worship the occult.

For evidence of this go to

www.davidicke.com
www.prisonplanet.com
www.infowars.com

The ancient Mayans, Egyptians and Afrikaans (as well as others) worshipped the sun, made sacrifices to the sun, our leaders are connected by bloodline to the same families that were in control back then.

Sun spot activity has increased today and like other events occuring during this type of event according to when these ancient religions made sacrifices to the sun and the gods.

Read the translations of the ancient scripts and tablets:

Book of the dead
Sumerian tablets
Dead sea scrolls
Mayan Dresden codex and Tzolkin 26,000 year calander

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
They are searching woodland areas in Buckinghamshire ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join