It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by aragami
something doesn't feel right to me

same, my mum has the same feeling.

think about it, two suspects (or even more?) are missing and are wanted by the police. these suspects are somewhere in the country, what happens if they randomly blow something up? (like the bus bomber on july 7th? he couldn't get on the underground)

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
At least Tony Blair got his flight out yesterday, apparently he's known about it for weeks and goes on holiday as it breaks. That's leadership.

if they blow something up, Tony will return straight away (he did on 7/7)

you do realise that means that currently we're under the leadership of prescott????

god help us!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
yes I'm sure all the multi-nationals CEO's ringing Downing St. right now are overjoyed to be talking to John Prescott deputising for Tony Blair. Smoothly does it.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

something doesn't feel right to me

same, my mum has the same feeling.

think about it, two suspects (or even more?) are missing and are wanted by the police. these suspects are somewhere in the country, what happens if they randomly blow something up? (like the bus bomber on july 7th? he couldn't get on the underground)

i dont think a liquid bomb thats small enough to smuggle on a plane in either one or many parts i don't think it'll be that powerful (how powerful does a explosive have to be to take out part of a planes fuselage??) so unless they blow themselves up in a packed public area they will be pretty much ineffective.

although i have no experience handling liquid explosives so don't quote me on that

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
yes I'm sure all the multi-nationals CEO's ringing Downing St. right now are overjoyed to be talking to John Prescott deputising for Tony Blair. Smoothly does it.

he wont be in downing street he'll be off playing croquet again

edit: can someone merge those posts please?

[edit on 10-8-2006 by aragami]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
According to news both Blair AND Bush have know about and been discussing this for months. Months? I would agree that it is strange that Mr. Blair would board a plane and go on holiday if they knew something was going down. Unless of course they really didn't know or are pretending they know more than they do, or it wasn't all that serious for him to stay behind.

Doesn't sound like the intelligence people are all on the same page.

Btw - Skies are also plane free here near Gatwick.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The bombs they planed to use are probably on par with pressure handgrenades, not much of a worry in the open, lethal in closed spaces (or designed to penetrate to the fueltanks of a plane)

Why should UK need Blair with this going on? I think MI5/6 Scotland Yard etc can handle it much better without political involvement...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
almost all flights into the UK are cancelled apart from those in the air. Something seems a bit off though. If it was known about for months and everything then why all the panic at the airports? why did the airlines not get any advance warning? Why do Scotland Yard have to have a press meeting on the street instead of in their own expensive press briefing rooms? Something premature has happened, maybe like the guy said ABC blew the story...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   

you do realise that means that currently we're under the leadership of prescott????

god help us!!!

im trying my hardest to forget about that lol

Kent police (i live in Canterbury, Kent) have now have armed officers at ports.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
heathrow have closed themselves for everything but flights in the air that are incoming, as far as im aware the other airports are still operating but with added security, theres a few european airlines cancelling flights to the uk i think

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf

Why should UK need Blair with this going on? I think MI5/6 Scotland Yard etc can handle it much better without political involvement...

It isn't a question of politics (yet). It is a question of leadership or the perception of leadership.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
For those of u interested in where the remaining suspects may be the police are raiding places in wycombe lets hope they catch em all.

www.enfieldindependent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Heathrow closed.
Other airports are operating, but on high alert. Flights that are not in the air, are not allowed to enter UK airspace. Main EU countries have halted flights to the UK, Israel has halted flights aswell.

Kent police are on high alert now, Kent police are now being armed at ports and the security has been port on high alert. I might do a run out in Canterbury soon and check the security here.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
"Leadership" should be appointed to someone who runs the show, and in a case ike this it sure ain't Tony... So why give the people the illusion?

Ps. At least Finnair is still flying to UK

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
two men have been arrested in Birmingham over the terrorist plot.

could be those two men the police were looking for.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
well the BBC say nothing is flying into the UK unless it's already in the air. Even so I get the feeling it's all one big Fnord non-story, expensive on the economy and airline business though but it all seems hot air and no substance

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The same reason we give him the illusion that he is Prime Minister?

Two phrases they keep on repeating on news are worrying:

1. "Unprecedented deaths"

2. "Considerable loss of life on unimaginable scale"

If the planes were meant to fall into the Atlantic, I think we can roughly calculate how many unfortunate people would persish... unless there is something else?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
out of curiosity does anyone know what cobra actually means?

or did they just choose cobra as a name because it sounds cool lol

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I have been watching the news since 7.30am GMT, first there were 20 planes, then 3, then 10, even 6 on sky news. There were also 20 people arrested, then 18, whats next 2 (Bush/Blair)

I have been looking at an active sunspot www and there is a strange thing happening; www here:
www.sec.noaa.gov...
This activity has similarity's to sunspot activity on 9/11

Also isn't there meant to be a planetary alignment today

If this whole scenario was true the bombers would have struck in the airport by now, knowing they could not complete their 'missions'.

Edit: Has anyone looked at the stocks today for Us airlines and BA? have 'put options' been placed this time?

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Stormy waters]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
well if it was all as bad as they are trying to make out the stock exchange would be plummetting but it's not, it's back up to where it started now today so obviously it's not going to impact that severely on all the airlines and all the A380 Airbus orders etc... My money is it's a big Fnord to stop the unceasing Lebanon coverage.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join