It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Solve Big Bang Mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

LONDON (Aug. 8) - The case of the lithium that has gone missing since the Big Bang has been solved -- the stars swallowed it, scientists said on Wednesday.

I have just found out this story, but if it has been posted, "Please forgive Mod's".
It is very interesting to say the least, to go into the details involving this find, it would be quite a write for the old post here!!LOL

So, to keep this accurate, I will leave it upi to the information I have found about this very unique find. If this entails future possibilities of being able to figure out how to create Lithium, which is the first element on our periodic table, it could stand to be a very substantial find for the future applications of fuels or some sort of propulsion systems.

Soource of the conclusions:

news.aol.com...

Lithium in its pure form is highly flammable and slightly explosive when exposed to air and especially water. Lithium fires are difficult to extinguish, requiring special chemicals designed to smother them. Lithium metal is also corrosive and requires special handling to avoid skin contact. Lithium should be stored in a non-reactive compound such as naphtha or a hydrocarbon. In humans lithium compounds play no natural biological role and are considered to be slightly toxic. Humans aside, lithium appears to be an essential trace element for goats and possibly rats. When used as a drug, blood concentrations of Li+ must be carefully monitored.

Source for definition of Lithium:
en.wikipedia.org...

Once again, "If this has already been posted, I couldn't find no refferances to it in the archives."

So, for you "Propulsion" and "Stellar Travel" nuts, "Could this be the achievable element that we have been looking for?"

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I don't think you understand, and I'm not sure I do either, but the Lithium they are referring to is what was present at the first moments of the Big Bang. They have never accounted for the missing amount that should be more predominant according to the current theory of the Big Bang.

The discrepancy between the quantity of lithium estimated to have been created at the start of the universe and the small amount now actually found has long perplexed astronomers, bringing into question fundamental planetary theory.

Lithium is rare but not all that elusive and is used currently used in batteries that last longer than other types, but are environmentally hazardous. Nasty stuff. I don't think it would make a good propulsion for the warp drive core though. At least that's what Scotty said.

Where this articles claims that they solved the mystery of the Big Bang is beyond me, but that doesn’t take much.

[edit on 8/10/2006 by Hal9000]

new topics

join