It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't Christians follow Jewish Law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Maybe I am wrong but if the KJV is OT & NT I would think the Jewish law should be recognized. Has it ever been recognized by any Christian group? Also any idea why not? If you are a Christian reading this would would you feel pro/cons on this subject?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Hi Masonite/

Maybe I am wrong but if the KJV is OT & NT I would think the Jewish law should be recognized. Has it ever been recognized by any Christian group? Also any idea why not? If you are a Christian reading this would would you feel pro/cons on this subject?

Of -course it is recognized.
If it was not for the Old Testament, we wouyld not have the New Testament.
Christians still do as the Old Testament prophets ,priests of that time did.
The Inside of the Church is constructed in a way to what was said in the Old Testament...
God ordered a liturgy, or specific pattern of worship.
it is described in detail in the books of Exodus and Leviticus.
In the New Testament we find the Church carrying over the worship of the Old Testament Israel as expressed in both the synagogue and the temple, adjusting them in keeping with their fulfillment in Christ......fullfilling the Old Law.
also, the Old Testament elders would come together to know the Law, as do the New Testament....
quote///"So the apostles and elders came together [in council] to consider the matter" (Acts 15:6).

In the Old Testament, the prophets and priests and the people were all waiting for the Messiah.
The Old Tetsament was a pre-figuration of what was to happen in the future.
In the words of the Apostle Paul, "(Christ) being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant" (Philippians 2:6-7).

Jesus Christ came in the FORM of a servant to show people that He is lowering himself to our level.......judgement day, He come in all His Glory, for He has the power to judge the living and the dead.

In the Old Testament......

the prophet Isaiah: "He hath no form nor comeliness, and when we shall see Him, there is no beauty that we should desire Him.
He is despised and rejected of men, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief … and we esteemed Him not.
Surely He hath borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was bruised for our iniquities.
The chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and with His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth … He was taken from prison and from judgment; and who shall declare His generation?" (Isaiah 53:2-8).

And another is when the Jews asked Him who He was.....

when the Jews asked Him "who art Thou?",
Jesus replied "Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning" (John 8:25).
Shortly after this He added: "Verily, verily I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8:58).

creature or creator?

There are many pre-figurations in the Old Testament ,relating to Jesus Christ, as being the Messiah.(although many here, will disagree .)

quote///another example of this is Melchizedek, the priest-king of Salem, who offered bread and wine to Abraham (Genesis 14:18), and who is seen as a type of Christ not only by the Fathers but even in the New Testament itself (Hebrews 5:6; 7:l).
Another instance is the way in which, as we have seen, the Old Passover foreshadows the New; Israel's deliverance from Pharaoh at the Red Sea anticipates our deliverance from sin through the death and Resurrection of the Savior.

Why do Christians follow the New Testament and not the Old Testament?
Since Jesus Christ came He has shown us an example how to lead into future life....He has destryed SIN which came as the result of Adam and Eve....and JEus Christ being the Second Adam, suffered and resurrected for all.....

"God...was revealed in the flesh" (I Timothy 3:16).

To fullfill the Old Testament......
Jesus Christ said........"To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice" (John 18:37).

Sorry if i've sort of gone of the subject.

Do we need the Old Testament?
No.
For the Old Testament was fullfilled by the coming of the Son Of Man.....
Jesus Christ fullfilled the Old Testament prophecies(again , many will disagree)and of what we do with our future, depends solely on us.

helen

Cug

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Are you talking about keeping kosher, circumcisions, and other Mosaic laws?

That would come from Paul of Tarsus (That's where the term Pauline Christianity comes from) Basically he made Christianity acceptable to the Gentiles and not just a Jewish sect.

As usual wikipedia is a good place to start. en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

join