It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a US biological weapons program create the AIDS virus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Dugway - the new area 51!

This is one of the scariest places on Earth!
It’s the exotic bio-chemical testing range capital of the world!
And the most secretive facility located in Utah.

What’s going on here?

- BLACK PROJECTS - Project 112 - U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command - TECOM.

This includes research in:

ET technology / cosmic ray testing / alien presence / bio weapons testing / Chemical testing / anti-terrorist training / bizarre activity / animal deaths / secret super weapons / UFO / space planes / trb3 / genetic experiments.

At present, Dugway Proving Ground encompasses 798,855 acres.
Its one of America's largest and most secretive military bases, having currently 30 military contractors on site.

There is an even more revolting kind of research going on at Dugway: research in immunological weapons. These are substances that do not impart illness but kill our natural immunity to most of them. Our bodies carry many microbes, which, because of this natural immunity, do us no harm; suppress it, and a whole country might die. Yet such research goes on.

www.internetwks.com...

AIDS.

What's the next gift to mankind from the US of A?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
fpiarticle.blogspot.com...

I found this also today,

I wonder how long that runway is..

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Amazing photographs!

I believe they are now in the process of extending the runway by a couple of miles.
So as I mentioned, this is the next hotspot after Area 51. And this one includes biological warfare testing using humans as guinea pigs!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The reason the run way is so long, was because a few years ago, when the Space Shuttle landed at the Salt Lake City Intenational Airport, the runway at Dugway was extended for any type of emergency landing, whether it was terrorist or Maintenance related.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Amazing photographs!

I believe they are now in the process of extending the runway by a couple of miles.
So as I mentioned, this is the next hotspot after Area 51. And this one includes biological warfare testing using humans as guinea pigs!

The one wierd field of hills, like antfarms.. Reminds of playing a mission in Command & Conquer.

Then that whole university looking institution with sport fields. Its so bizzare. Its hard to find anything close to this on G-Maps in Canada.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I have a question. Why are there so many posts about US secret bases and the many secret weapons being tested, yet so many on this board say that many different countries could defeat the US in warfare?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well, you know, its not just the U.S. that have secret viral, biological, and nuclear experimental weapons programs.

Whatever we got, China has, and whatever china has, Russia has, and whatever Russia has, France wimped out on making.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Well, you know, its not just the U.S. that have secret viral, biological, and nuclear experimental weapons programs.

Whatever we got, China has, and whatever china has, Russia has, and whatever Russia has, France wimped out on making.

Why would China have it? Russia, yes. US, yes. India, China, Vietnam, etc. No. They are developing countries that are expanding on their military from imported technologies...

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Why China? Because China has the second largest military budget in United States Dollars in the world.

Russia is THIRD to them.

Why wouldn't China have these types of programs?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Why China? Because China has the second largest military budget in United States Dollars in the world.

Russia is THIRD to them.

Why wouldn't China have these types of programs?

It may have them. Many countries no doubt have them. The question is, how far are they along? The US and Russia are no doubt much farther than anyone else. By the way I think you should check those statistics. I don't think China has the second largest military budget and I don't think Russia has the third largest one.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Christopher Hellman, a Senior Analyst for the Center For Defense Information tabulated the military spending budgets of countries in 2003 as follows (based on source information from International Institute for Strategic Studies, Department of Defense)

Selected Countries Military Budget:

United States..................$399.1 Billion
Russia*...........................$65.0
China*............................$47.0
Japan..............................$42.6
United Kingdom...............$38.4
France.............................$29.5
Germany.........................$24.9
Saudi Arabia....................$21.3
Italy................................$19.4
India...............................$15.6
South Korea....................$14.1

* indicates 2001 funding figures

Figures are for latest year available, usually 2002. Expenditures are used in a few cases where official budgets are significantly lower than actual spending. The figure for the United States is from the annual budget request for Fiscal Year 2004.

Latest figurework I could find from a quick search:

GlobalSecurity.org is always a good source of information and they have produced a table of current military expenditure which places China in second place behind the USA.

www.globalsecurity.org...

United States.................$466.0 Billion (FY04 actual)
China.............................$65.0
Russia............................$50.0

[edit on 13-8-2006 by SimonGray]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

This is one of the scariest places on Earth!
It’s the exotic bio-chemical testing range capital of the world!
And the most secretive facility located in Utah.

How about El Yunque in Puerto Rico.

I was there this last May and my brother told me that the stories coming from people that live in the area are just to many and similar to let them go.

Even my mother has witnessed the strange lights and just a few years ago was a big explosion that was just disregarded after the initial media coverage.

But all is been taken as myth and lore

Specially with the so call chupacabras.

I was surprised that the forest is so guarded and with many closed roads that I remember as a child were accessible to every body.

Now the entire region of the El Yunque is in control of the federal government and only two main entrances are allowed all others are close.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I read about this is a paper. I'am sorry I have no proof and can't give any links. But they stated it is total "BS" that it would have been created by mankind.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
When I was back in college I was dating someone who was studying microbiology and she happened to buy me quite an enormous read for my birthday, but nonetheless quite fascinating. It basically covers the origination of the virus back to it's hypothesized roots.

Link to Amazon Book Review

I personally do not think the AIDS virus is an engineered weapon.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It would be a terrible weapon if it was... it's basically transmitted M-F, yes, I know there are other ways... but either way, you're looking at a very slow process. If someone is at war, it's useless. In peace-time, you'd never know who was infected, what stage the virus was at, and no clue how long they would remain nearly 100% healthy. Using anyone of the already existing weapon-oriented virii would be a MUCH simpler, cheaper, quicker, and more effective weapon...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You're right. But what would the consequences be if some terrorist organisation gets hold of the virus and uses it to decimate an entire population? Like spreading it around say New York and other American cities? Use it as a bargaining chip, or blackmail?

But the question is, how do they propagate the virus effectively? They could be working out some devious method to do so, right now!!

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
You're right. But what would the consequences be if some terrorist organisation gets hold of the virus and uses it to decimate an entire population? Like spreading it around say New York and other American cities? Use it as a bargaining chip, or blackmail?

But the question is, how do they propagate the virus effectively? They could be working out some devious method to do so, right now!!

That's the problem... it's a very 'weak' virus. It's not like the common airborne ones that can handle environments outside the body. Even a couple of seconds in room temperature air will kill it.

Then, even if you can make it airborne, you still have an issue of what does it do to the people. It would take years for people to even realize they were infected in most cases, and even longer for any sort of malicious effects to take place. Not a good terrorist weapon. Low visibility, minimum visual effects, 'peaceful' death and effects. They're looking for max exposure and max visual effect. Smallpox, the plauge, those sorta 'bang for your buck' diseases would be better for them.

new topics

top topics

join