It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this astonishing Australian UFO video reveal how crop circles are constructed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
My need to post this topic was aroused by this response over in this thread:

where the following was said:

Originally posted by notbuynit

Originally posted by RiotComing
Take a look at this recently-filmed video: www.youtube.com...

Are you absolutely sure it's not just a commercial or something because it's fake as hell.

What makes you think it's fake? Just because a kid on youtube says it's off tv doesn't mean it actually *is*. If it's off tv, they should be able to identify the tv show, the date it screened, and what it's all about. It's off a guy's myspace, and the the emotions seem real to me, never mind the incredible light show going on. Could this be the first ever video footage of crop circles being made? Hunting around, it seems that there have been quite a few instances of crop circles in the area recently, and the area is also 'under investigation' by the Australian government. Those who complain of grainy undefined videos STILL cry fake when they see vivid unexplainable drama on screen. Hmmm, I think this incident deserves a thread of its own..

Now, yes, there is the possibility it is fake. But we're not here to discuss impossibilities / close-mindedness; if we're denying ignorance, we are trying to gather possibilities, right? That we can't just rule certain things out that don't mesh with the way we think the world is.

I found the clip originally over in GLP where there is a link to a news report which sheds more light on the incident. There is an interview with a local Aboriginal guy which to me sounds like bad acting, terrible acting. I'm wondering if this is intentional, to throw people off the scent of what is a real event - trying to make it all look like a spoof. I would like to hear more from Daniel Whyte - the guy who actually taped it and posted it up on his myspace. Or maybe he has been directed by now to 'say the right things.. or else'.

Anyway, would love to hear some more discussion on what I think is one of the most astonishing ufo videos ever shot. If it's real, this could be the first ever video footage of a crop circle under construction. I notice someone on the GLP thread mentioned that the crazy jet engine swooshing sounds are inconsistent with most UFO sightings that are relatively noiseless - perhaps the craft is in "crop circle mode" and thus using some weird technology to "burn" their message onto the land below? Much like a dvd writer with LightScribe features?

Once again, here is the youtube link:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-8-2006 by RiotComing]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Sorry people I think its fake. Its well done I like the idea makes a good video to impress friends but don't pass it on as a world deception.

Just like to say the white dots were in the foreground before they became part of the background. I do photography and video so I have a good eye for these things. The glows were inface something that photoshop or most video software programmes can do. The sun spots as they are called are made to look real as they highlight areas round them by adding that area gamma which brightens the black up. If you Gamma any dark patch like a field at night you can see details in it. So this effect can make it seem its actually lighting up the corn. Its good but anylise, takes 5 seconds to spot for me maybe not someone with a trained eye.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's says right below the video under comments that it's off an aussie tv show.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
ahha awesome clip, but seems pretty staged.
I'm from Aust and haven't seen that before, bleh.
I can't hear the sound coz i'm at work.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i'd like to know what aussie tv show, because ive never seen it.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I am leaning towards it being fake also, mostly because the site the article was posted on doesn't seem credible and I cannot find anything on this anywhere else. If Australian government scientists and police were in fact investigating and had quarantined the area as the article suggests it would be plastered all over the news. Wouldn't it ?

WBC link to article

What TV show could it possibly be off though ? I am out of touch with what is playing there right now as I am not home.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
ive posted on a tv forum asking if anyone knows where it's from.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
That's definitely video editing. Just doesn't resemble anything realistic.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
If Australian government scientists and police were in fact investigating and had quarantined the area as the article suggests it would be plastered all over the news. Wouldn't it ?

Bear in mind however, you're NEVER going to see this stuff plastered over the main media, and there's a very important reason for that. Read this and this for an explanation.

It's says right below the video under comments that it's off an aussie tv show.
Yes, but which aussie tv show? Like I said, if you're going to say that, give me the name, the time it's on, the host of it, surely it's in the local TV Guide!

Only then, we can lay this one to rest. I'm still not convinced this is a Photoshop stitch-up.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
cool video and fake. "and the the emotions seem real to me" and to that guy... yeah it's called acting, haha.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Someone on the GLP thread is onto it. Viral marketing. I thought that WBC website was b.s anyway - that's why I thought maybe it's a way to quickly clamp down and deal with the 'issue'. The only problem I see with that viral marketing angle, is that they reported seeing a crop circle that resembles the Toyota logo. I went through that WBC clip again and nowhere did I see any Toyota logo! If we could have someone to match up exactly what they saw, it would pretty much wrap this one up.. unless they are constructing a cover-up to make people forget about the original video, while silencing the witnesses?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

Originally posted by ImJaded
If Australian government scientists and police were in fact investigating and had quarantined the area as the article suggests it would be plastered all over the news. Wouldn't it ?

Bear in mind however, you're NEVER going to see this stuff plastered over the main media, and there's a very important reason for that. Read this and this for an explanation.

I understand this however the links U posted do apply to the USA, not Australia. Big difference in how things are reported there and what actually is. But I hear U

I'm still not entirely convinced it is fake but am skeptical and will keep an eye on this one!

[edit on 10-8-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I think it's absolutely fake and produced by the same persons that made this fake presented here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Both have the same Sound and "Light" Effects!

[edit on 10-8-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
www.ebroadcast.com.au...

some answers

there is a link in the "about this video" section that takes you here:

www.wbcnews.tv...

which seems to be a "real" news site with a streaming news report that includes this ufo clip.

if you do a whois on the domain you discover it was registered a month ago by a company in NY called hothouse. But if you search their adress (7 WEST 66th Street) on google, you find out its actually TV-1 which according to the title image on the page is... ABC (US).

studioservices.go.com...

TV-1 is located at 7 West 66th Street in New York.

Its probably some viral thing for a new show or a product or something.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It's not authentic. Just watch the lights closely and you can see it is obviously some kind of CGI. Resembles a video game...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
what through it off for me was the sound..i though ufo craft didnt make sounds.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Obvious fake, from some production, it's mind numbingly obvious. Visit the news website link next to the video on youtube and you will see what i mean.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by NinjaCodeMonkey]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
what through it off for me was the sound..i though ufo craft didnt make sounds.

Yeah I understand that - in my initial post, I offered the suggestion the ufo is in "crop circle burning mode"

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I must say,yes it look's fake...
but just imagine seeing that stuff...
I know i dont want to get burned by a ufo

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Very Fake video and the sound is like from hollywood starwars movie.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join