It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Republicans die in Plane Crashes too?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Gore was effected by Nader but Bush wasn't effect by Perot???

The planks of the GOP? Geez..Your party hasn't any planks these days or leaders to lay the planks down. Who has 'choice' ideas such as school vouchers (which would help 'ol Bob out quite a bit), social security reform ( I trust myself better w/ my money that I do the government) - to name a few planks there, BT. You see, when it come to choice the dems are not -they should for now on refer to themselves as pro-abortion. Hmm, planks to come out of the dem camp: Socialized medicine via Hillary - that did real well.

[Edited on 5-11-2002 by Bob88]

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sure, Perot pulled off some votes. But you're not actually trying to say that's THE reason that the Bush/Qualye ticket lost ,are you!?!
School Vouchers - I laid out the folly in the "Bill of no-Rights" forum.
Social Security reform - If you are NOT already handling your investments for YOUR future, you've got more issues than politics! Back when Republicans talked about SS privatization as a panacea, you know, before all their coporate crony campaign supporters started to implode because of theft & greed & people finding out about it? The major and obvious sticking point was the management off the funds. What a great way to do what Senator Graham (R-Texas) and his wife did, and implement it as an institutional staple: he in the Senate, ensuring sweet heart deals & legislation occured for Enron, while she on the Enron Board steered him to the spots & issues of need.
Bob, you missed the qualifier completely: look back, nothing you mention is going to help that $30K a year guy. Show me platform 'planks' all contributing-members-of-American Society can benefit from?

And do you follow the rest of your camp that shooting doctors & blowing up clinics is NOT domestic TERRORISM!?!

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 12:32 PM
link   
No - Nader pulled off 'some' votes. Perot pulled off almost 20% - more than 'some' I would say. Considering your boy Clinton got about 40% (not even a majority). Now, take Perot out of the equation and who would have won that election? What 'planks' are coming out of the dem/centrist camp these days again? I forgot?

and more importantly - how's the fishing BT? I've been dying to hit the rivers but have been way too busy. Come this weekend I am not leaving the water 'till I hook at least one steelhead!

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Perot 20%!?! Nope, nah, not true.
Nader pulled a good share, but Gore STILL beat Bush by over a half million votes!

Planks:
- Extend unemployment benefits for the 2 million + out of work since Bush 'took' office
- Make sure corporations are paying taxes
- Disallow foreign corporate registry to avoid US Taxes
- Increase the minimum wage by a dollar, thus increasing consumer spending
- Tax rebates to the middle class, thus increasing consumer spending

Just a few, they're there, just not getting the press in the Corporate Media.

Fishing here is officially T.F.C. - Too F*** Cold!

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I did say 'almost' - so, I am right. You are wrong.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 03:06 PM
link   
How do I input files like that, seriously?

Question: I remember hearing on the 'news' about a ballot issue in Ohio over the teaching of Creationism V Evolution, is that true?

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 07:32 AM
link   
If there was one, I didn't hear about it, and I try to keep track of ballot initiatives.

Of course, something as silly as that might well not get reported in the "mainstream" media.

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 03:47 PM
link   
what happens with her own body should not be a stance for any political party. This is a health issue that is protected by the doctor-patient privacy rules, and should not be of anyones concern but the doctor and his patient, PERIOD!!!

The dems are defending that right to privacy, the GOP is trying to remove this privacy and right to it, by interjecting its religious ideals into the issue!! But do we not still have a SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE as an edict written into our charter, that lil'ole piece of paper called the Declaration of Independance?

I know it seems trivial in the right-wing scope of things to consider the relevance of a 227 year old document but I think the basic concepts should still be applied whether it fits your religious idioms or not.

Quite frankly I have felt for many years that religions have been at the root of all the worlds ills, and we would be light years ahead in science, medicine and the pursuit of space frontiers, if we could only shake off and or lose the religious stagnation that infects our planet.

Look at our current crisis de jour: Muslims wackos blowing up buildings and killing innocent people all in the name of Alah. And we've seen these crusades before by others, including those who would call themselves christians, jews, catholics, and protestants.

I know my views are not popular but if you remove the zealots, we would have a much more peaceful, prosperous and unified world.

Think about it.

Peace!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join