It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli subs headed towards Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Take it for what its worht...who knows if true or not but with the amount of false garbage posted on here i figured i would do my part and add to it.

On a serious note, if this is true, then Israel must be preparing for eventual but soon conflict with Iran.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Great, way to increase the likelihood of full scale regional war.

Just how well did nukes placed on the doorstep of the United State go down? Why should Iran accept nukes on its doorstep? Couple that with two US armies on it's Western and Eastern borders and you would be lying if you said Iran has nothing to feel threatend over.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Oh i agree 100%. Makes ya wonder how many nuclear subs may be off the coast of the US, or Russia, or the UK or any number of places...thats the scary part. With subs you never know where they are. This is particularly concerning because of what is going on right now. Many times the US and Russia and China etc play sub "games" with each other following them around and seeing who can detect who and stuff like that. This clearly isnt one of those situations if true. Im wondering if Israel is starting think there is truth to that August 22nd thing going around and they are trying to assure themselves of a 2nd strike capability? Scary stuff nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I guess they are out defending again. The guy who runs worldnetdaily is a neocon Lebanese-Amnerican and supports the phalangists. He is trying to stir up trouble. I saw his name along with the guy who did that report in Canada about the Iranian armbands for the jews. These people should be considered subversives for constantly trying to incite trouble

When will people learn that there are people who want to see a war , who profit from a war and thrive upon the terror it causes. All for their religious beliefs. There are many Christians who would love to see Lebanon as a christian only country or at least Christian majority as it used to be decades ago. That in my mind is no better then any other Theocracy or Muslim state. Its a situation that begs for future problems.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hey i know this thread definitely needs to be taken with a grain of salt. In any other situation i would dismiss it totally and i still do for the most part. I just wanted to put it out there since i saw it considering whats going on. More PR stuff im sure.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Not good. Israel is making a bad move if this is true.

Iran has had a lot to feel threatened over for a long time. But only if they dont do as the world has asked and prove their nuke program is peaceful.

If they are in deed sending these subs toward Iran, I believe the US should step in and tell them to turn around or blockade the Iranian coast so they can not get close enough. I support Israel in most of its efforts for peace but this isnt a peaceful move.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I figured the US would be one of the countries that would be helping with their fule and supply routes as it mentions they are working with other govs. Who knows.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Pure speculation / yellow journalism.

1) Isreal does not have nuclear subs.

2) Assuming Diesel / Electric subs its also not likely that they could have transited the Suez, thus forcing a journey around Africa. Most references gives the GAL class at best a 2500 nm range at 6 knots. I do not think the Isreali navy has the ability to operate a sub tender for an extended period of time without discovery either.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I figured the article meant nuclear "capable" subs not nuclear "powered". Either way its a moot point.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Nuclear subs are always on standby across global hotspots. The UK always has two nuclear launch capable subs on stanby, and they are very likely to be in the Med at least.

Israel starts placing subs (note not nuclear) near Iran, and they are being evil warmongering, despite the fact Iran's leader has come out with a another extremely agressive statement claiming that the solution to the middle east crisis is the destruction of Israel. Note, this is a contrast to his zionist only rhetoric.

Coupled with all the previous statements and his obsession with the hidden imam. I'd place subs there too, they have cruise missiles which can easily do damage to critical installations.

Note the article states the subs are apparently being modified to be nuke capable. I find that dubious. Its a long drawn out process that would cost a lot of money and take time

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Peyres]

new topics

top topics

join