It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Revolutionary Guards in Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
That's right kiddies... there are supposedly Iranian Revolutionary Guards fighting with the Hezbollah against Israel... or that's what they want us to think... i'm not 100% sure... all they found on the supposed Guards were personal documents which they used to Identify them as Iranian... however, the Israeli government did not release when or how many Iranians they killed.... Is this just a ploy to get America into the war... we know that the US gov is itching to go into Iran again.... or did Iran really send in fighters... and if so ... is that really wrong.... they are just defending their neighbors right to sovereignty.... mmmhmmm....

well here's the article.

Reuters

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Members of Iran's Revolutionary Guard have been found among Hizbollah guerrillas slain by Israeli forces in southern Lebanon, Israel's Channel 10 television reported on Wednesday citing diplomatic sources.

It said the Iranians were identified by documents found on their bodies, but gave no further details on how many were discovered or when. Neither the Israeli military nor Hizbollah representatives in Beirut had immediate comment on the report.

Iran, like fellow Hizbollah patron Syria, insists its support for the Shi'ite guerrilla group is purely moral.

Israel says many of the rockets being fired against its civilian and military targets are Iranian made, and that Hizbollah fighters taking on its forces trained in Iran. Washington also accuses Tehran of actively funding Hizbollah.

Iran's Revolutionary Guards are traditionally very close to fellow Shi'ite Muslims in Hizbollah and were deployed in south Lebanon in the 1980s.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I dont dobut it but......a question....
How do they know they are IRG?? Are they in uniform? That would be stupid.

I think its a ploy to build up opposition against Iran. but yet again, I don't doubt that Iran has IRG on the groun in Lebannon.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeah i tend to agree.... Iran is helping out Hezbollah with more than just moral support... the thing is I dont see a problem with that..... the new war fad is war by proxy... every country is doing it... some of us more than others... so this could defintally be a way for Israel to legally bring in the UNtied states instead of just being a proxy.... but who knows

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well from the beginning of this conflict allegations of Hezbollah fighter been Syrian and Iranian has been pounded over and over.

Is not surprised that now the issue of specific Iranian elite fighters will be introduce for more emphasis on the issue of Hezbollah been foreigners.

I guess is just more propaganda to get desirable results in public opinion when we all know that Hezbollah is going to have allies to fight with them anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What role do y’all expect the US would play IF they entered into the conflict?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Supposedly these guys had ID on them. I dont know if that means they are IRG or just regular soldiers. Either way we know where this is going in the PR world. Go to Foxnews.com and they ahve the yellow warning banner at the top of the page with this as breaking news.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if Iranian Revolutionary Guard members were joining the fight alongside Hezbollah.

I would be surprised if they'd be carrying IRG ID's on them at the time, if Iran is still bothering to attempt to conceal their involvement with Hezbollah.

Truth be told, I don't much care - if the Israelis and Iranians manage to take each other out of the picture, the rest of the planet will be much better off for it.

top topics

join