It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faked/modified NYT photo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If this has been modified, it is just bizzare, but it really does look like it has been. Observe the image from the New York Times:

The guy in the lower right corner looks like his head was placed there, and poorly. Look at the top right part of it and the white speck to the left of his head around the hair. I can't fathom any possible reason for this, though...

Unless, of course, it's this woman, yet again:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hah! That's funny.

The white spot above the head is just some sort of scarf, it's not an artifact from a C&P job, you can see it continues around to the other side of the head and down around the neck area, and then appears to be under his chin as well. The angle of the head, the way it juts forward from the neck, makes it look like a bad C&P job, but I doubt that very much.

More likely the man just has bad posture.

Still, very funny.

As you say, it could possibly be have been used to cover up a 'familiar' face, but I think if that was the case, they would have used a different head. As the only black face in the entire room, he kinda sticks out. When you're trying to pass off something like this, the goal is not to attract attention to the alteration.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
When you're trying to pass off something like this, the goal is not to attract attention to the alteration.

I would agree, unless that photo accidently got officially released and had been an internal joke made due to the Reuters scandal. That guy may work in the NYT and they were just foolin' about when someone accidently grabbed the wrong photo.

That's a total shot in the dark, but would be kinda amusing.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Seems like a very slow news day on ATS... nothing exciting happening.

I don't see what you see, looks like the man in the lower right sticks his head out a bit, maybe he has a bad back. Why alter this photo I wouldn't see the point.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think I found the real image.

Image Source: www.fyhome.com...

[edit on 11-8-2006 by raas32]

new topics

top topics

join