It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Reid proposes Britians lose freedoms to curb terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
John Reid, a senior member of the Labor party, suggest that "we may have to modify some of our freedoms in the short-term in order to prevent their misuse and abuse". In short he's suggesting that it's okay to eleminate freedoms if it's done under the disguise of security. Watch and wait for more rights and privlidges to get thrown under the bus called "War on Terrorism"

Terror 'may force freedom curbs'

Britain might have to modify its freedoms in the short term in order to prevent their "misuse and abuse" by terrorists, John Reid has said.
He conceded that was never an easy request, but it was up to everyone to ask "what price our security, at what cost can we preserve our freedoms".

The UK faced its "most sustained period of severe threat since the end of World War II", the home secretary warned.

The boogey-man is going to get you. Everybody panic, and give us your freedom so we can protect you. I'm not sure if I like where this is going. I'm pretty sure that every act of terrorism already has a law against it. Do we have to give up freedoms for them to enforce these laws?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yeh right . . . It will be for the short term now, never to be returned. The more of our rights they take away now the easier it is for them in the future. We cannot allow our rights to be discarded so easily.

I just can't see the logic in us fighting all these wars to give other nations freedom and democracy and human rights yet the very same governments are taking these rights away from it's own people.

join