It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My very speical devout catholic grandmother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My devout Catholic grandmother passed away unexpectedly recently.....

She was a very special and kind woman....The priest described her as a Saint at her funeral. Actually there were 6 priests that held her mass....

She never pushed her religion on anyone or looked down on anyone who had any different faiths or spirituality...

Me, Myself....I do not believe in any particular religion, but since my grandmother passed I'm having strange dreams and nightmares...

One night about 4 or 5 days after she passed I could not sleep all night for no reason.....I wasn't worried, or restless, anixious, nothing nor did I drink any coffee or take any medicine that would have kept me up...I was just awake....like I could only achieve NREM sleep, not REM sleep....(like something was keeping me from dreaming) but when the sun rose I finally fell a sleep and had a frightful dream about St. Bernadette (Lady of Lourdes) she was coming back to life in her glass coffin...and about 3 or 4 priest were surrounding the coffin when it happened...but it was frightful......very scary to me in the dream.....

I didn't think much of it.....and now I keep having nightmares or night terrors.....and they are powerful more powerful than what I am used to....I struggled so hard to wake from one last night and it was strange b/c I didn't know what else to do to get the person's attention laying next to me after struggling for so long....so I began to say, "Hail Mary...." and in that instance he woke right away!!! And helped me wake up! It was sooo strange...

I really do not know what to think about any of this.....

A brief explanation of my dear grandmother....

A native of Sunset, Louisiana - born and raised there. She and her husband, Frank, made their home in Sunset for many years. Together, they reached out to those less fortunate, often taking them into their home to feed, clothe, and house them. (she was also an unoffical nurse working with doctors for years before she attain her BSN)

Ms. Domingue was widowed at the age of 40 with 11 children and a 12th on the way. Her work in nursing began in 1963 and she set a goal to attain her BSN, which was achieved in 1968 from USL. Subsequently, she made her home in Lafayette, where she worked in nursing for several years at various facilities including Lafayette General Medical Center, Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center and Evangeline Oaks. Upon her death, she was still working full-time as the Director of Nursing at Our Lady of the Oaks in Carencro.

During her lifetime, Ms. Domingue was most devoted to her faith, family, and nursing. She was a devout Catholic and attended daily mass, offering a minimum of four rosaries per day. The religious were a very special part of her life, especially the Jesuits, Sacred Heart nuns and St. Joseph's nuns. Her church parish affiliations included St. Charles Catholic Church in Grand Coteau, and Holy Cross and St. Pius in Lafayette.

Her life was spent loving and caring for people, during which she made countless contributions to the community, both monetarily as well as in freely sharing her gifts and talents with others. Ms. Domingue's kindness, generosity, and compassion touched hundreds of lives, while her determined, positive spirit motivated and inspired those she met.

Ms. Domingue was a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution. In recent years she was recognized as one of Louisiana's Who's Who in Healthcare professionals, featured in Faces & Places of Acadiana, and was a recipient of the Louisiana State Nurses Association District IV Acadiana Celebrates Nursing Award. She was also named as an Outstanding Senior Worker for the State of Louisiana.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetraspace

I didn't think much of it.....and now I keep having nightmares or night terrors.....and they are powerful more powerful than what I am used to....I struggled so hard to wake from one last night and it was strange b/c I didn't know what else to do to get the person's attention laying next to me after struggling for so long....so I began to say, "Hail Mary...." and in that instance he woke right away!!! And helped me wake up! It was sooo strange...

I really do not know what to think about any of this.....

It sounds like you're under some stress in your own life, and her death has become a kind of focal point for that anxiety. As soon as you make a decision or plan and feel like you've got your own life under a little better control, the nightmares will probably go away.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
yeah you could be right...

I'm just a little thrown off by everything...I was really close to my mom's side of the family...well her mother my grandmother...so I guess swallowing it all with the already added stress that I have is a little overwhemling.

Thanks

join