It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious White Powder Found in NYPD Headquarters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

NEW YORK -- Police are investigating a suspicious white powder found in the mail room of police headquarters Wednesday.
NYPD Detective Joe Cavicolo said three people who came into contact with the powder are being examined at the scene.
Cavicolo said hazmat officers who responded are analyzing the substance.

NYPD headquarters is located in lower Manhattan.

WNBC

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It'll probably end up being Splenda or something, but who knows...

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Just saw this on CNN. Their caption was stating it was not believed to be toxic, yet precautions were being taken.

Not much else available at this time, though.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Somebody broke into the evidence lockers and was having a party...

Only kidding, of course. As stated, it was probably Splenda, Ajax, or some other similar non-anthrax powder.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Somebody broke into the evidence lockers and was having a party...

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Do these incidents measurably increase response times?

If so, then how long before we see every bank robbery prefaced by an anthrax letter?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Do these incidents measurably increase response times?

Good question!

I doubt it in NYC, since there are so many different precinct offices that could respond, but in a small town with just one station I imagine something like that could effectively be used as a diversion to commit a crime leaving the police unable to respond.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Now, if we were talkin' Boston, there would be no question as to what the powder was:

For federal prosecutors claiming three Boston cops acted as criminally corrupt agents who served and protected drug dealers’ cash and dope, the tale yesterday was in the videotape.

In one of two videos shown by prosecutors during a court hearing for accused cops Roberto “Kiko” Pulido, 41, Carlos Pizarro, 36, and Nelson Carrasquillo, 35, a man identified by authorities as Pulido can be heard agreeing to guard a shipment of 500 kilograms of coc aine, plus 5 more kilograms of heroin at $3,000 per kilo, saying “Yeah, I’ll hook you up.”

news.bostonherald.com...

[edit on 9-8-2006 by jsobecky]

top topics

join