It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oliver Stone's new film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I wondered how long it would take them to get the movie out, yeah they're giving 10% of the takings to the families charites, what a damn insult to the families that lost people,loved ones and friends, as well as the haunting memories each and every one us have about that day.As if we need reminding of that same horror less than 5 years from the event. the people that take part in the making of that film, and the others that'll follow ought to be ashamed to call themselves professionals, they're merely heartless money grabbers, just like G.W.Bush himself.
How on earth we've allowed ourselves to get to this stage where things like this film are accepted makes me wonder who is responsible for what we're becoming.
What i'm trying to say realy is OHHHHH PLEASE!!!!!

Quote:

"The policemen portrayed in "World Trade Center" are real guys, and Stone is telling a true story. His heroes are not prepared for the disaster that looms. Most of the cops in the little squad headed by Sgt. John McLoughlin (Nicolas Cage) decline to volunteer to go into the buildings, but a few, including Jimeno (Michael Peña), step forward. "

Doesn't it make YOU feel sick? Source

When 911 is exposed for being an inside job how will this film be viewed then? probably, in a court of law

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Order Out Of Chaos]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I will respectfully disagree with you.
I have not seen the movie, but it is good to tell the story. Let people know what it was like to be down there. Helps remind people to cherish life.

They have made every other disaster/war movie throughout history, why not this.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The families of the victim all support the film, with the exception of one or two...

Did you have a problem with the docudramas about Flight 93?

EDIT TO ADD:
What about movies about WWII? The Holocaust? The Bataan Death March? Slavery? Or other sad happenings in the world? Should those movies not have been allowed to be made either?

[edit on 8/9/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
okay i hear what you're saying.
and we're all welcome to our own oppinions and my oppinion is they've made this film purely for money, no matter how good the film actualy is, thats irrelivant, the families are still to destraught to know whats going on, they'd agree to most things, especially is you put the odd movie star on the scene.
Its cashing in AGAIN on the tragedy, this is what we're becoming, this is where we are heading.

cmdrkeenkid posted on 9-8-2006 at 02:03 AM

'Did you have a problem with the docudramas about Flight 93? '

I have a problem with it ALL, all of it, the whole stinking sesspit that America is becoming.

'They have made every other disaster/war movie throughout history, why not this.'

What? less than 5 years after? i don't think so, and this wasn't a disaster or war, it was an inside job, and thats why, if you can't work out, it is truly an isult.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Order Out Of Chaos]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well, that is surely one of the nicer things about living in the free world - no one is forcing you to go see this film.

new topics

top topics

join