It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brutal US attack on unarmed Afghans captured by photos

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
BTW, All I hear is attacks on the poster, not the sources, or the actual story. "Par for the course" with ask no questions, loyal to the end, war-mongers.

There is no denying that members of Neo-Nazi groups do join the military. Often for the purpose of "Killin' som A-Rabs".
NY Times
And rather than jumping doen SoulJah's throat for saying something against your beloved military, maybe people should look more deeply into the allegations rather than assuming it's a lie.

For all I know the story could be true. My statements were directed at the title of this thread. It is misleading as there are no pictures in Souljah's post. Souljah created the thread and the title so my statement was dead on.

As far a "my beloved military" is concerned you used the term "Neo-Nazi", ok I'll bite. What in the hell is a "Neo-Nazi"? I have no problems with allegations of misconduct being investigated, as a matter of fact I encourage it. If these allegations lead to evidence of misconduct then I expect the appropriate punishment to be handed out.

Problem is people like Souljah and yourself "cry wolf" so much that when something that may be the abuse or misconduct that you are looking for occurrs, no one believes it. You both are doing a great disservice to your own viewpoint.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
@Rasobasi: Yeah, I know what you mean. Obviously if I see soldiers running around killing everyone my first thought is to take a picture. I mean, its not like I'm a civilian who may get shot or anything. It's just a shame there aren't too many pictures of militants in civilian clothing shooting right next to actual civilians, thus drawing fire on all of them.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Ah Yes!
What Do They Know!

They Were JUST THERE!

Here is an object lesson for people.

I was a witness to the Battle of the Bulge, the Battle of the Somme, and the battle of Thermopolaye. I saw the great King Leonidas kick a man in the groin, murder a dozen little boys, and flip off a box of kittens. I then was teleported to the battle of the bulge, where I witnessed American troops commit terrible enviromental atrocities, pouring toxic waste on German troops and the environment in general. Then, I was once again teleported BACK in time to the Battle of the Somme, which was not a battle, but simply Imperial British and Canadian troops controlling a crowd of unruly Afghans -who were complete innocent and unarmed, by the way- with machineguns.

See? I'm a witness! Atrocities everywhere!

Once again, we learn the difference between an objective, credible witness, and some guy who might have been there.

DE

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

On that same token WithoutEqual, it would be foolish to believe that our soldiers are pristine, and would do no harm unless provoked. I imagine that's what the 'Enemy' has their citizens thinking as well, and we all know that's not true, right?

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Rasobasi420]

I agree, but I get sick an tired of people damning the military as a whole because of a few bad apples. Run the numbers yourself, we're talking less than 1%, yet, everytime there's an incident, the Army gets judged, not the soldier himself. What's really at fault is this "volunteer" army, where gangbangers, crooks, druggies, and rejects of society are allowed in cause there's noone else to do the job. That sucks, but that's the way it is. Oh by the way, I wasnt a gangbanger, crook ect, I signed up cause it was the only way to go to college, bad, very very bad idea lol.

I will still be sceptical of the photos, or lack of. It's a responsability to ourselves to check our news, to examine these photos, this Reuters mess should be waking everyone up. I'm not just taking about the "enemies" side either, I wouldn't put it past photographers in this country or even the govenment to stoop as low as to doctor, or stage photos.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akraites
@Rasobasi: Yeah, I know what you mean. Obviously if I see soldiers running around killing everyone my first thought is to take a picture. I mean, its not like I'm a civilian who may get shot or anything. It's just a shame there aren't too many pictures of militants in civilian clothing shooting right next to actual civilians, thus drawing fire on all of them.

Well, if it means getting the truth out, then yes I hope you would be willing to risk your life. That's what journalists do isn't it? I mean real Journalists, not Faux news journalists.

And yes it is 'shame' there aren't many pictures coroborating the soldiers stories. It seems like all the evidence is refuting their claims...Odd [/sarcasm] (

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The issue should be investigated but it would apear as if you would rather this story be true.

The point is no photos and just Souljahs word, for what thats worth this story has no credibility and we cannot assume they are guilty of murder before trial. That is what we stand for is it not?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

And yes it is 'shame' there aren't many pictures coroborating the soldiers stories. It seems like all the evidence is refuting their claims...

WHAT EVIDENCE? That's what most people have been saying about this thread. The accuser usually has the job of providing evidence to back up the accusation.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
WHAT EVIDENCE? That's what most people have been saying about this thread. The accuser usually has the job of providing evidence to back up the accusation.

Apparently, claims of photographs (not forthcoming) and the testimonials of witnesses who may or may not be lying, 'misquoted', or even fictional are considered evidence nowadays.

DE

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
also i would like to point out that the people we are fighting in the ME dont wear any specific kind of uniform. they dress like normal people. if i were over there fighting, which i would never do, i would be pretty damn nervous that a plainclothes afghan would pull out a gun in the middle of a crowd and start shooting. and then i would have to defend myself and protect the other people around me. it must be horrible to not know who the enemy really is

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WithoutEqual
I agree, but I get sick an tired of people damning the military as a whole because of a few bad apples. Run the numbers yourself, we're talking less than 1%, yet, everytime there's an incident, the Army gets judged, not the soldier himself.

I dont recall anyone damning the whole army for the actions of a few. The problem is that there are ALOT of those acusations coming out every day and most of the time it has been kept very hush hush as long as possible - this creates doubt in the official reporting of events.

What's really at fault is this "volunteer" army, where gangbangers, crooks, druggies, and rejects of society are allowed in cause there's noone else to do the job.

First you get upset that people are judging the army as a whole for the actions of a select few.....
Now you say that its the ganbangers, crooks, druggies and rejects of society that are screwing up this "volunteer" army. Which is it? You cannot have it both ways. Is the army as a whole screwed up due to the druggies and gangbangers, or is it really just the actions of a select few?

The real issue here is how we as a country and how the military is handling this. We have a habbit of sweeping everything under the carpet when it shows our military in a bad light. We think that showing the truth will hurt morale, and that anyone who focuses on these things are a traiter to their country - I have heard these comments from members of this very forum.
The truth is, if we stood up for what we are claiming to represent, we could admit where we have made mistakes - something that the war supporters would NEVER be able to admit.

We should make all allegations of wrongdoing fully public and their investigations. If they find evidence of no wrong doing, great - the soldiers names are cleared for all to see.
If they ARE found guilty, prosecute their sorry arses to the fullest extent of the law - for the world to see. This in turn sends 2 messages:
1) The US is willing to admit when they are wrong AND take the necessary actions to make it right - this would do wonders for our strained foreign relations and might actually make us appear in a better light on the world stage.
2) Any "bad apples" in the military who start seeing soldiers actually charged with the crimes they are committing might think twice before commiting another atrocity.

Anything less, and this country festers in hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
The point is no photos and just Souljahs word, for what thats worth this story has no credibility and we cannot assume they are guilty of murder before trial. That is what we stand for is it not?

Um dude. This is not Souljahs word as you so stated. If you would actually read the title to the article that Souljah posted, you would see that the Independent in the UK was actually the origin of the title. I too was expecting to see photos, but as I read more into it, I realized that wasn't the case, and they weren't advertising that they were displaying photos, just reporting that there were photos in existance. There is still an ongoing investigation into this, and these photos are potentially the only evidence to support the claims. Besides, Souljahs post was very accurate as he didn't place blame - only pointed out that US soldiers had shot unarmed civilians.

Here is a quote from the article from a US military spokesperson:
The US military declined to comment yesterday on its investigation. The US spokesman, Col Tom Collins, said: "I can't comment on the results of the investigation but there is no doubt that our soldiers thought there was fire emanating from the crowd."

This indicates that suppsed fire from the crowd justified any action taken by the soldiers - which in turns implys that unarmed civilians were possibly shot by them for what ever the reason.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I wonder if those Brave Lads of the US Army also belonged to any Nazi Groups...

your reputation diminishes once more. Your just a valuable ATS member
. Every thread and post by you has been anti-western. EVERY ONE

You have been brainwashed my freind.

Mod Edit: Barney Sez Love Your Fellow ATS'rs.

[edit on 9/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Dude, you are the one who is brainwashed. I believe Souljah was referring to the soldiers involved in this incident, not the army as a whole. Also, there is a thread open on this very forum that talks about neo nazi groups infiltrating the US army as they found swastikas spray painted in Bagdad. Do some reaserch.

Mod Edit: Deleted Quote Of Entire Preceding Post.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

By the way Souljah, I see your point about throwing rocks are cars and getting shot at in return, but I do find it hilarious that you still somehow think that's worse than decapitating someone, tourturing someone, or stoning someone cause you don't believe in Allah.

You mean the stoning, decapitating and torture that is Happening in Big USA Ally called Saudi Arabia - and there is really nobody to Remove this Dictatorship-Religious Regime, which was used as a role model by the Taliban to establish Sha'ria Law in Afganistan?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
I don't really understand why someone would post a title "Brual US attacked on unarmed Afghans captured by photos" when there are no photos to show.

It's not about attacking the messenger Souljah. When you are posting an article that talks about pictures, and there are no pictures, what's to discuss? Why post this article?

You being a mod. I'm surprised at you. All these messages from the higher ups telling us not do mudsling in these threads, to discuss the issue brought up, not the poster who brought it up, and you sit there and say it's ok that the poster is personally attacked. How did you get to be a mod with an attitude like that?

So we should all just put down every poster on the board if we don't agree with what they have posted?

Sheesh!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You mean the stoning, decapitating and torture that is Happening in Big USA Ally called Saudi Arabia - and there is really nobody to Remove this Dictatorship-Religious Regime, which was used as a role model by the Taliban to establish Sha'ria Law in Afganistan?

You got him Souljah.

accordionguy.blogware.com

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 9-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by Djarums
I don't really understand why someone would post a title "Brual US attacked on unarmed Afghans captured by photos" when there are no photos to show.

Souljah is just rehashing this in another form, as he has discussed this before on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is one of the pictures I think. It's probably a common sight to see in that part of the world though.

I do find the propaganda spin on each side interesting..

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres

I wonder if those Brave Lads of the US Army also belonged to any Nazi Groups...

your reputation diminishes once more. Your just a valuable ATS member
. Every thread and post by you has been anti-western. EVERY ONE

You have been brainwashed my freind.

Mod Edit: Barney Sez Love Your Fellow ATS'rs.

wow you've gone and censored the word "propogandist". I'll go and stand in the corner for being a naughty boy.

I have not been brainwashed, I do not constantly post threads to questionable news stories with misleading or incorrect titles. I also havent posted threads claiming to outright explain the middle-east crisis, from which the 'evidence' is taking from ultra left wing websites, who omit basic historical facts and use dubious 'witness' accounts from political secretaries.

And I distinctly remember showing solidarity not only with the Israeli civilians caught up in the violence but also the lebanese civilians (who yes, have suffered more casulties, but that is not the point), which the propogandists on this websites do not even comment on whilst claiming that the 'defenders' of israel place the value of jewish life, upon that of a muslim life.

I also see no posts from Souljah on the fabricated propoganda coming from photjournalists working for western news agencies (who i guess are all rothschild controlled)

How can we have a proper discussion over such events, if we are not allowed to rip a biased thread to bits? And that includes the author, considering this isn't a one off thread.

This is a conspiricy community, yes? Not a one-way political moutpiece which will influence the thousands of members on this board.

If this is a political 'article', then put it in the right place, not the war on terror section of the conspiricy zone.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Man people really love to attack you, eh soulja, I guess reality just doesnt matter to some people. Instead of complaining about lack of pictures to satisfy your primitive desire for visual proof to satisfy your primitive left brain qualities, why dont you actually READ the article, and see what your intuition says.

American govenment = evil.

American military = ignorant pawns that do the goverments dirty work.

Some American people = ignorant fools who support evil government policies.

Time to grow up and face reality.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by AscendedMaster]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster
and see what your intuition says.

I'm not allowed to post what my intuition actually says because of ATS rules.

Souljah mislead everyone with the title of this thread. I read the article and have no idea if it is fact or fiction. All that I have said is that by posting this article with this title Souljah has damaged his own credability and the credability of the article.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join