It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brutal US attack on unarmed Afghans captured by photos

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Remember Afganistan?

Independant

Claims that US troops shot dead up to six unarmed Afghan civilians two months ago in Kabul have been given added credibility with a series of photographs offering visual evidence of military misconduct.

The pictures were taken by an Afghan passer-by on 29 May in Khair Kane, a district of north Kabul. The 20 photographs appear to show a group of unarmed Afghan civilians being killed by gunfire from an American Humvee.

The Kabul pictures were taken as American vehicles fled the scene of an accident in which several Afghans were killed and injured after a US Army truck lost control and hit a number of civilian vehicles. Shot from a hillside above where the original accident took place, they show a crowd of Afghans throwing stones at the American vehicles.

Well if you think Afganistan is a Peacefull Place, think again.

Apparently US forces are running around shooting Civilians there also.

Now I bet that must increase the Intolrenace against any foreign troops in Afganistan.

So you think anybody will be Charged of anything?

Do people still remember Haditha?

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: General ATS Discussion Etiquette/Excessive Bolding – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
But there are no photo's for us to see? Odd....

Actually, coming from you it’s not odd at all. And of course if we were to actually see these pictures, there arent any of Americans shooting, just people who have been shot, as clearly stated in the article.

Par for your course soul...

Hey soul, Hezbollah is firing hundreds of missiles into Israel each day targeting civilians specifically, care to post about that? But those civilians dont count do they?

Didn’t think so...

Also: MODS: The title of this thread is misleading, the Photo's (that we cant actually see), are described as being of American forces leaving the scene of violence, they arent actualy of Americans shooting people, its an assumption. The title specifically states they are photo's of an attack, and that simply is not true. Deliberatly posting false information is agaisnt the TOS.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

but there is no doubt that our soldiers thought there was fire emanating from the crowd."

If there was incoming fire from the crowd (a behavior which has been seen before) then civilians will get hurt or accidently killing as a result. Soliders are not going to allow the Taliban just to shoot at them.

What I would like to see is video of this episode. As we now see in the Israel/Lebanon mess pictures can be doctored.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

May be they were taken by Reuters

I also find it too convient that this passerbye just happened to be at the right place at the right time

I did find one image from Islam online with their story and yup it was from Reuters.

Carries a caption "Afghan run away as a US vehicle drives by during a protest in Kabul. (Reuters)", I am not sure if is from this alleged instance

Now where are these alleged photos Souljah????????

Edit to ask, why did it take him so long to release the photos he had them since May DUH>>>>>> Repeat after me Propaganda

[edit on 8/9/2006 by shots]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Actually, coming from you it’s not odd at all. And of course if we were to actually see these pictures, there arent any of Americans shooting, just people who have been shot, as clearly stated in the article.

Par for your course soul...

Hey soul, Hezbollah is firing hundreds of missiles into Israel each day targeting civilians specifically, care to post about that? But those civilians dont count do they?

Didn’t think so...

Also: MODS: The title of this thread is misleading, the Photo's (that we cant actually see), are described as being of American forces leaving the scene of violence, they arent actualy of Americans shooting people, its an assumption. The title specifically states they are photo's of an attack, and that simply is not true. Deliberatly posting false information is agaisnt the TOS.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by skippytjc]

I neded to respond to the tripe of the orginal poster, but YOU,skip, did so, so well, that I will let it go along with

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Souljah,

Gunned down again mate. You should really stop blowing things out of proportion. It's hurting your "amazing" reputation

No matter what weapons they were using - the afghans were engaging US forces. BIG mistake.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hold Your Horses Cowboys - I did not write the Article, so please stop attacking the Messen-JAH when you feel that silent urge to quickly blame somebody.

So, if I throw a Stone at your car, you are going to shoot me in the Head?

Cowboy way ain't it?

I wonder if those Brave Lads of the US Army also belonged to any Nazi Groups...

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Hold Your Horses Cowboys - I did not write the Article, so please stop attacking the Messen-JAH when you feel that silent urge to quickly blame somebody.

So, if I throw a Stone at your car, you are going to shoot me in the Head?

Cowboy way ain't it?

I wonder if those Brave Lads of the US Army also belonged to any Nazi Groups...

This response is SO par for the course. When Souljah posts an inflammatory and obviously weak post and the community hold his feet to the fire, he invariably resorts to the "don't blame me -I'm just the messenger" excuse. I was going to respond to the original post, but like so many others authored by Souljah, I felt it would be a waste on my time. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

And btw, what the hell does defending yourself against a rock-throwing mob have anything to do with being a neo-nazi? (assuming that there is even a tiny shred of truth to the story to begin with.......)

I guess by using your logic Souljah, Israel IDF soldiers who shoot at rock-throwing Palestinians are nazis as well??

I read this thread as about a 95.86 on the Lame-O-Meter.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ah Yes!

If not reported by the Corporate Media then it DID not happen!

Well let's ignore the Witnesess who actually saw this happen:

The photographer, Atif Ahmadzai, 34, said: "I thought at first they were firing into the air. I was on the hill taking the pictures and, as they fired towards me, I ducked. One bullet grazed my thigh. Two people were killed behind me." He said he saw six bodies in total.

All the witnesses to the incident reported at least one US vehicle opened fire on the civilians. "I saw with my own eyes that the soldier fired on the people," said Nazir Akhmad, 32, who owns a petrol station near where the accident occurred. "Her gun was pointed in the air but then she brought it down and started firing. The first bullet killed a boy called Khaled."

What Do They Know!

They Were JUST THERE!

Mod Note: Please Provide A Link/Citation For The External Source.

[edit on 9/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I love how someone always has a camera handy in these types of situations. Kinda makes you wonder.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
When you light a fire Souljah don't be surprised when you get burned. I opened this thread expecting to find the pictures that the title says should be here. Gee no pictures. I agree that the title of this thread is misleading and something should be done about it. Souljah, the only thing you do when you post threads with titles like this is destroy what credibility you have. I have no proof as to the validity of the attached article and by posting it here like you have, you have destroyed any credability the article might have had. If by some chance the article happened to be true, who is going to believe it now.

As a side point, being a veteran of the US Military I take great offense at your reference to Nazis. If in the future you can't back up that statement please keep it to your self.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
LOL!

Souljah, if you will care to scroll up you will see that the substance of this lame thread is "a series of photographs offering visual evidence of military misconduct". Photos, not quotes from random Afghan civilians.

So where are these photos? Right next to the ones of you and Elvis?

Question for you: In Solvenia, is there an equivalent saying for "shuck and jive"? Because thats what your doing, friend. Either put up or shut up. You make a habit of throwing incindiary commentary around here, which is bad enough, but when you don't even bother to provide us with these photos as evidence....well, your point (the one you're trying to make here....) comes off as worthless and weak.

Stop changing the subject, or altering the conversation to suit your position.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't really understand why someone would post a title "Brual US attacked on unarmed Afghans captured by photos" when there are no photos to show.

It's not about attacking the messenger Souljah. When you are posting an article that talks about pictures, and there are no pictures, what's to discuss? Why post this article?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This story has been posted on ATS before and did have the photos.... I'm not searching for it, could be propaganda "dunno don't care"... But there is photos for this story, just not in Souljah's link.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Where are the pictures of what the Taliban is doing in Afghanistan??? Where are the pictures of the brutal warlord attacks??? Oh, that's rights, the Hezzbollah Times is busy doctoring them up in Photoshop. They should be online soon....

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I just love how people get jumpy when somebody mentiones that soldiers are actually killing Civilians without mery or remorse - ain't you people gonna say "Hey it's a War outhere!" or something similar?

Wait - let me remember this; when there are No Photos it did Not Happen.

HEY! - are there photos of Hizb'Allah kidnapping Isreali Soldiers?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Ah Yes!

If not reported by the Corporate Media then it DID not happen!

Well let's ignore the Witnesess who actually saw this happen:

The photographer, Atif Ahmadzai, 34, said: "I thought at first they were firing into the air. I was on the hill taking the pictures and, as they fired towards me, I ducked. One bullet grazed my thigh. Two people were killed behind me." He said he saw six bodies in total.

All the witnesses to the incident reported at least one US vehicle opened fire on the civilians. "I saw with my own eyes that the soldier fired on the people," said Nazir Akhmad, 32, who owns a petrol station near where the accident occurred. "Her gun was pointed in the air but then she brought it down and started firing. The first bullet killed a boy called Khaled."

What Do They Know!

They Were JUST THERE!

People get jumpy esspecially with your post because you see the world with your tunnle vision, you offer no evidence anyaped but claim to have photos. You have an agenda, you make that very clear and then when your propaganda falls apart you decide it wasn't yoouuuu that made the story, your just copying it for all to see and isn't your fault. eye witness acount can be fabricated, it can be re-aranged to fit an agenda and they can be blaitant lies. Nothing you post is credible to me because you don't care to look at the entire picture.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akraites
I love how someone always has a camera handy in these types of situations. Kinda makes you wonder.

Yeah, amazing isn't it. As a matter of fact, if you look into any large crowd nowadays, I wonder how many have cameras. Either on their phones, or little pocket digicams.

THat's the wonder of technoogy. You can have a camera anywhere.

BTW, All I hear is attacks on the poster, not the sources, or the actual story. "Par for the course" with ask no questions, loyal to the end, war-mongers.

Originally posted by JIMC5499
As a side point, being a veteran of the US Military I take great offense at your reference to Nazis. If in the future you can't back up that statement please keep it to your self.

There is no denying that members of Neo-Nazi groups do join the military. Often for the purpose of "Killin' som A-Rabs".
NY Times

And rather than jumping doen SoulJah's throat for saying something against your beloved military, maybe people should look more deeply into the allegations rather than assuming it's a lie.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I just love how people get jumpy when somebody mentiones that soldiers are actually killing Civilians without mery or remorse - ain't you people gonna say "Hey it's a War outhere!" or something similar?

Wait - let me remember this; when there are No Photos it did Not Happen.

HEY! - are there photos of Hizb'Allah kidnapping Isreali Soldiers?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

With all the photo doctoring and staging going on, which no looks like the new radical islamic hobby I'll be sceptical untill I see the photos, and more so when I can actually view them. We use psychological warfare, and it'd be quite dumb to think they didn't as well.

By the way Souljah, I see your point about throwing rocks are cars and getting shot at in return, but I do find it hilarious that you still somehow think that's worse than decapitating someone, tourturing someone, or stoning someone cause you don't believe in Allah.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
On that same token WithoutEqual, it would be foolish to believe that our soldiers are pristine, and would do no harm unless provoked. I imagine that's what the 'Enemy' has their citizens thinking as well, and we all know that's not true, right?

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Rasobasi420]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join