It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens United Against Worthless Can Openers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
That's right...The CUAWCO is my brain child and i'm going to start a revolution.

I think this is the biggest conspiracy the world has ever seen. Why, after man kind has managed to explore outer space, put a man on the moon, build tall buildings, achieve so much technological advances....is there NOT ONE single, reliable, can opener yet known to mankind??

You have your little Military gadgets...which you use with much effort to cut the top off...

You have the regular one with the little crank...
that manages to open two or three little sections while the rest remains untouched, then you have to go over those sides again...then you say the heck with it, get a sharp knife and with an up and down motion manage to CUT those parts and finally....the lid is off...

You have the electric ones that work sometimes and sometimes not.

Why is it, in the year 2006, we, citizens, are still struggling with can openers???
Why is it?

Well, Cuawco wants to do something about it.

I hereby start a revolution today. Please voice your opinions as my organization needs friends and support.

How do you feel about having to use worthless can openers?
Do YOU know of a worthy can opener? If so, please inform us.

Thank You.

I wanted to add, this is a global problem. It affects mankind everywhere. Chinese, Hispanic, Americans, English......Its a world wide problem.

What do we do about it?

[edit on 9-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The bane of every household...

The Can Opener P-38:

source

Of course yours is probably not as crude as this model

In fact there is (or used to be) a nicer can opener available from Ekco Products. The one I'm thinking about is the one with the geared cutting wheel. Smooth rolling action.

I'm almost certain the one you are talking about dg, is the one with the so called blade, that is supposed to do the cutting. As times goes by, it cuts the can lid less as it becomes dull; and actually leaves metal shavings on the cans contents, posing a health hazard.

So yes I would say time for a new one.

[edit on 8/9/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
LOL,

That's the "military" one i was refering to. My husband has one. I cant work it-he can.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yes, I thought so.

I added some comments to my post above......

more useless information all about can openers wikipedia: can opener

[edit on 8/9/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

“Soldiers just took to the P-38 naturally,” said John Bandola, a World War II veteran from Fanwood, N.J. As a master sergeant serving in the 30th Signal Construction Battalion in North Africa, Bandola began his acquaintance with the P-38 in 1943.

“The P-38 was our means of eating 90 per cent of the time, but the next thing I knew we were using it for cleaning boots, finger nails, screwdrivers, you name it, said Bandola. “And we all carried it on our dog tags or key rings.”

We have not had much progress since WWII, have we?

www.dogtagsrus.com...

That is my beef here. I dont care what shape they come in, they are useless and hard to use-

I say either abolish can openers and have flip lids or we should have a revolution.

new topics

top topics

join