It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoXNews and Popular Mechanics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Last night (Tuesday the 8th of Aug) on "The O'Reilly Factor" the host (Bill O'Reilly) interviewed the editor of Popular Mechanics magazine (Mr. James Meigs), who is trying to debunk all the conspiracy theories surrounding the 9/11 events.

Transcript here

Looking over the transcripts from the interview it is obvious that O'Reilly is ill prepaired to retort to Mr.Meigs statements or he just doesn't care. I think that if Fox wanted to chew this guy up and spit him out that they would of sic Sean Hannity on him.

All of the statments that Mr.Meigs made could of been easily retorted to and would of made great TV

Now, the only question that remains was this interview a feable attempt at dis-info considering according to the transcript that 36% of Americans believe the government was involved in the attacks.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Fox didn't want to chew this guy up at all. I watched the show and he basically agreeed with O'reilly the whole time. Just more unwillilngness to entertain the "impossible" ideas outside of what is accepted as truth. Another example of how Fox and the WHite House hold hands if you ask me. If you wanted to see this guy squirm I would have put him on Stephen Colbert before allowing Hannity to "be paid to push the white house agenda". Colbert may be on comedy central but he gets to the point.

I have to say dis info on this one Rancid as well as anything that comes out of O'Reilly's mouth. This guy is paid to keep middle america comfy.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hmmmm.....
I have to say good call on that Kleverone. I didn't stop to think about that.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
i watched the first couple minutes, but i turned it off before i heard about TWA 800.

he has no idea what hes talking about. I live a short distance from Westhampton, NY, which is where a lot of witnesses saw what was going on. Westhampton is also the place where the rescue ops started from the 106 wing. people from fire island also saw it happen too. a family friend worked for the Suffolk P.D. right after the crash, before the FBI came to take it over, and they spoke to many people around Westhampton, Quogue, and Fire Island. and you know what the common thread of testimony was? light traveling up the sky towards the aircraft, then boom. oreilly, i agree with him a lot but he doesnt know a damn thing about this one. the crash wasnt on TV. he didnt "see it the damn thing on TV" like he said.

even though i find myself more accepting of the official story, and even though i like him most of the time and agree with him, he did a piss poor job

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I believe that Orielly and the national networks do not want to cover the 911 theories in a equal way. They want to debunk all the real questions about the incident and state only the official story.

I think there are more than 36% that believe something other than the official story happened. Not all will believe that the government was involved, but a whole lot believe it dont make 100% good sense.

There are drums beating and the sound is being heard. If not, these news people would not even be talking about it, they would simply ignore it.

As long as the intrests in it keep accelerating, it wil get discussed. And the more the news people try to make it look like only nutballs believe it, the more they will get responses from middle class people. With enough responses, they will have to eventually cover it in a real and educational way.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What's sad about these pieces is the amount of people who, even though they might of had small doubts before, will now buy it because 'some guy on Fox news said it was real'. They don't want to be affiliated with 'nutty professors' or something that started on the internet. There was another article which was linked from somewhere on ATS, which basically stated that people who believed in a 9/11 conspiracy were akin to people who don't believe in the Holocaust, or still believe the earth is flat. The majority of people don't want to be labelled in this way by the media, and would rather save face than find out the truth.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Easy Tiger]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I believe that AMerica is beggining to see that the American media is biased. I also beileve we will begin to see a lot more opposition to the "official truth". Any govt who would label Americans as unpatriotic for questioning anything, certainly does not have American freedoms and liberty as a top priority. Hopefully we will wake up before 'Patriot Act part three" surfaces.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i really loved fl.800 explanations from the government. people on the ground see a streak of light fly up to the plane. explosion follows. the media aired the radar from the air traffic controllers. THAT displays a small contact that pops up behind 800 and it follows it for like three sweeps, it merges with 800, and then both disappear.

the government tries to say that the explosion was from an empty fuel tank and a static spark inside it. i believe this had happened once before on another plane. 800, how ever, had just taken off on a trans atlantic flight. why would a plane, crossing the ocean, leave not completely topped with fuel?

still, when they were "investigating" the crash, they kept stating " we're not ruling ANYTHING out, BUT IT WAS NOT MISSILE!"

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Um it was a missle it would have went for the wing(near engines) or the tail,not the central fuel tank

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Chickenhound]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
unless it wasn't a heat seeking missle. what about an RPG type weapon?

join