It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China executes Taiwan Spy!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
If this isn'r a big FU from China I don't know what is. Pretty interesting read.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 9-8-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So its business as usual in far east then. Nice to see in this ever-increasingly chaotic world, that some things remain unchanged.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
"Business as usual in the East?"

Isn't treason here in the United States punishable by execution as well?

Funny how Westerners point and criticize while they are doing the exact same #.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but your response was not befitting to his reply. Treason is excecution everywhere as you say, that doesn't mean he has to agree with it. AAC

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

"Business as usual in the East?"

Funny how Westerners point and criticize while they are doing the exact same #.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by k4rupt]

I was actually refering to the tension between Taiwan and China.

And as far as doing the exact same stuff, in many western countries, the death penalty, evenm for treason is outlawed, and even in the US, execution for Treason is rare anymore.

Where as China tends to hand out the death penalty like candy.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well... A spy was executed and it turns into an international news story?

I just don't get it... it feels as if people WANT to spread hatred against China.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Well... A spy was executed and it turns into an international news story?

I just don't get it... it feels as if people WANT to spread hatred against China.

Not really, I was posting this because of the historic tension between the two countries. Kind of like when N and S korea traded fire for the first time in a decade or so last month, it could cause for escalation. AAC

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the philipine spy in the white house. He quietly slipped under the rug and missed out on his execution. Guess its not SOP in every country is it.

Espionage in the white house swept under the rug i guess.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Not really, I was posting this because of the historic tension between the two countries.

You obviously don't know much about the "historic tension" between the mainland and Taiwan. Ever since the Nationalists lost the civil war and fled to Taiwan, they have always planned to take back the mainland and reunite as the Republic of China. As the mainland grew stronger, this dream was obviously gone. Only a few years back, the DPP won the elections and ONLY THIS PARTY wants INDEPENDENCE.

2/3 of Taiwan want to stick with the status-quo (which is a state of China beyond Beijing's control and will eventually reunify with the mainland when the time is right)... 1/6 want IMMEDIATE REUNIFICATIOn... and another 1/6 want INDEPENDENCE.

Most Taiwanese don't want independence. As the elections near, the President is facing ultra humiliation. His pro-independence policies are being bashed. His approval ratings stand at around 20%, he has issued his 14th official apology, the Nationalists recently took nearly full control of the Parliament as a result of his policies, and there has been A RECALL against the President.

The Nationalist party is favored to win the elections in 2008 and as we all know... the Nationalist party favors reunification.

So as you can clearly see... tensions between these two AREAs are growing smaller and smaller each day.

The spy that was sent to the mainland was NOT by action of TAIWAN... it was by action of the dying DPP party.

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Whatever happened to the philipine spy in the white house. He quietly slipped under the rug and missed out on his execution. Guess its not SOP in every country is it.

So you're telling me that this is the policy of the United States? To let ALL SPIES go unpunished?

Ridiculous... using ONE example to prove that treason goes unpunished here in the U.S.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Not really, I was posting this because of the historic tension between the two countries.

You obviously don't know much about the "historic tension" between the mainland and Taiwan. Ever since the Nationalists lost the civil war and fled to Taiwan, they have always planned to take back the mainland and reunite as the Republic of China. As the mainland grew stronger, this dream was obviously gone. Only a few years back, the DPP won the elections and ONLY THIS PARTY wants INDEPENDENCE.

2/3 of Taiwan want to stick with the status-quo (which is a state of China beyond Beijing's control and will eventually reunify with the mainland when the time is right)... 1/6 want IMMEDIATE REUNIFICATIOn... and another 1/6 want INDEPENDENCE.

Most Taiwanese don't want independence. As the elections near, the President is facing ultra humiliation. His pro-independence policies are being bashed. His approval ratings stand at around 20%, he has issued his 14th official apology, the Nationalists recently took nearly full control of the Parliament as a result of his policies, and there has been A RECALL against the President.

The Nationalist party is favored to win the elections in 2008 and as we all know... the Nationalist party favors reunification.

So as you can clearly see... tensions between these two AREAs are growing smaller and smaller each day.

The spy that was sent to the mainland was NOT by action of TAIWAN... it was by action of the dying DPP party.

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0

So you're telling me that this is the policy of the United States? To let ALL SPIES go unpunished?

Ridiculous... using ONE example to prove that treason goes unpunished here in the U.S.

Excuse me, what about my post leads you to believe that I don't understand their history. Or are you just assuming that knowledge isn't that attainable, because you stumbled upon it? That info is irrelevant to the thread. AAC

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Excuse me, what about my post leads you to believe that I don't understand their history. Or are you just assuming that knowledge isn't that attainable, because you stumbled upon it? That info is irrelevant to the thread. AAC

Well... International news because a spy was executed? Come on, that seirously makes no sense.

You would not believe how much of the public tend to believe that the mainland and Taiwan is on the verge of war. The info I presented is very relevant... instead of fueling the propaganda and the public belief that there is CRITICALTENSIONS between the mainland and Taiwan, I'm showing the true side of the situation. The truth most westerners DON'T know about.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   

No whats ridiculous is your hostility and the fact that this guy spied IN THE WHITE HOUSE for 3 yrs and went unpunished. He didnt just infiltrate some little army regiment, he was in the WHITE HOUSE for 3 yrs. Tell me k4rupt, why do you think he got away with it. Enlighten me with ur all knowing thoughts. I never said i was using this one example for all spies in this country. But kinda funny this guy was in the house of the POTUS and nada dam thing. Why dont you look into why he got away with it. I think i know why but im curious of what u think.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Simple... as quoted... he didn't spy for the Russians, the Chinese, the North Koreans... he was spying on behalf of the Phillipines. A country that poses no threat to the U.S. whatsoever.

If he was a North Korean spy... I HIGHLY doubt he woulda been released.

You're trying to justify that the Taiwan spy should of been released with this? That is utterly ridiculous.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
k4rupt, i truly wish you would quit stating im implying anything by saying anything. Im implying nothing at all. Im stating things. What you are perceiving from them is a whole nother thing.

All i stated was a philipino spy was in the white house giving up docs and secrets for 3.5 yrs and wasnt executed. If you continue to state i am IMPLYING anything, please show proof of your psychic abilities cuz you are seeing things that are supposedly in my head that arent there.

Your hostilities towards my statements are the only thing ridiculous here.

he was spying on behalf of the Phillipines. A country that poses no threat to the U.S. whatsoever.

If he was a North Korean spy... I HIGHLY doubt he woulda been released.

so what are you IMPLYING? that its ok for spies to roam the white house as long as they belong to countries that YOU THINK dont pose a threat??

See how the word IMPLYING is attempting to put words in your mouth. Not too nice when its on the other foot is it.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Don't be such a hypocrite.. now you are stating that IM implying it is okay for him to go around stealing secrets... ITS NOT.

I'm just saying that it wasn't on a level that he would be needed to be PUNISHED.

Come on, be serious.

If it was an Iranian spy or a North Korean spy that was spying on the White House for 3.5 years, do you honestly think he woulda been freed?

It's simple logic... please try to understand.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
k4rupt, this will be my last response to you. Apparently you are doing selective reading because if you would have actually read the entire post and seen this,

See how the word IMPLYING is attempting to put words in your mouth. Not too nice when its on the other foot is it.

you would have seen that i was using that as an example of exactly what you were doing. apparently you cant see the forest because of the trees.

I apologize to the OP for routing off topic. Please continue the discussion at hand.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well Silverado, then lets NOT get off topic.

Just respond to what I have posted.

"I'm just saying that it wasn't on a level that he would be needed to be PUNISHED.

Come on, be serious.

If it was an Iranian spy or a North Korean spy that was spying on the White House for 3.5 years, do you honestly think he woulda been freed?

It's simple logic... please try to understand."

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Why shouldn't china execute foreign spies?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Fine ill respond.

"Aquino is now an admitted spy, who cultivated and used Aragoncillo, a willing accomplice, to transfer U.S. intelligence secrets abroad," Christie said in a statement. "He did this at the behest of a high-level government official in the Philippine legislature. We view that as a grave intrusion on the integrity of our national security, and we will seek the longest prison sentence possible for Aquino."

The two reports Aquino admitted possessing contained national defense information relating to threats to U.S. military troops in the Philippines and details of confidential U.S. intelligence sources and methods.

Dates of Spying: August 2000 to August 2005
Admitted to taking files while working under VP Cheney from 2001-2002.

Allegedly also gave information to another country (as yet unnamed)

How about now k4rupt. Not on a level to be punished??? And im being deadly serious. How about you comeon and wake the hell up. Since you refuse to look at the information on this man. He was spying for Micheal Aquino, ring any bells. He used the information to put US Troops and intelligence sources in harms way. Is that minor? And i also dont understand how u can continue to read about a spy in the US WHITE HOUSE working under Cheney, Gore and others until 2005, 4yrs after 9-11 and not say, Wow our national security really sucks. I dont care about his not getting in trouble since he struck a deal to nail aquino. i care about the fact a spy was in the supposed most secure house in the nation right under their freakin noses. If they cant keep them out of the white house, how are they gonna keep insurgents, dirty bombs, whatever else outta your house. Crossing the majorly unsecure border right into your own hometown.

There is nothing simple to your logic, you keep stating things that i never said. I never said that i didnt think if they were iranian or NK they wouldnt be punished.

Im talking about a SPY IN THE WHITE HOUSE for over 5 yrs while we gave up more and more liberties to supposedly make our country safer. Thats the simple logic here. And its You that needs to understand to stop putting words in my mouth that i never stated and see just WTF im talking about here.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It says very clearly in that article that he cooperated with the authorities.

That changes the whole f'ing ballgame.

Now you're just assuming that the Taiwan spy cooperated with the authorities as well?

EVEN IF the United States freed him, there are COUNTLESS other times whereas the U.S. gov't was NOT AS NICE.

Are you just throwing this article into this discussion to justify that China is "evil" because it executed a foreign spy whereas the U.S. is not because it freed ONE...

If not... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE explain to me what in the hell does that filipino spy have to do with China's execution of it's OWN spy.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by k4rupt]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join