It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'twas a UFO to me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i am from central IL, and a few weeks ago i saw something in the sky that was new to me... i was at work, outside smoking a cig at about 6:20 AM CDT or so... i looked up and there was a bright silver object darting across the sky... i figure it was some sort of plane or something because it was leaving a vapor trail... the thing is, the vapor trail wasn't like all the rest i see streaking across the sky... most of those tend to carry across the whole sky and slowly expand and eventually dissipate... this object's trail was constant... the trail had a definite end to it, which followed this object across the sky like it was a tail or something... a few days later i saw it again... jsut for the sake of some sort of scale, say the object was 1/4" long and the trail was about 2"-3" long... i have never seen a 'plane' create a vapor trail that just hung on followed it like it did, and i haven't seen the object since... does anyone know of anything like that?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yeah.

It sounds like a regular Contrail. What happens is sometimes conditions are right that the Jet engines create a contrail but the air is dry enough that the contrail will dissipate within a few seconds.

So it might look like the contrail is following the Jet , but its actually just the water vapor evaporating back into the dry air behind the Jet while the Jet constantly creates new vapor trails from the engines.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Short-lived contrails are very common from conventional aircraft. Here's a pic of a couple of short trails, and a page of some more.

Unless the object acted in a manner impossible for a conventional craft, that would be my vote.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by m3rlz
i am from central IL, and a few weeks ago i saw something in the sky that was new to me... i was at work, outside smoking a cig at about 6:20 AM CDT or so... i looked up and there was a bright silver object darting across the sky... i figure it was some sort of plane or something because it was leaving a vapor trail... the thing is, the vapor trail wasn't like all the rest i see streaking across the sky... most of those tend to carry across the whole sky and slowly expand and eventually dissipate... this object's trail was constant... the trail had a definite end to it, which followed this object across the sky like it was a tail or something... a few days later i saw it again... jsut for the sake of some sort of scale, say the object was 1/4" long and the trail was about 2"-3" long... i have never seen a 'plane' create a vapor trail that just hung on followed it like it did, and i haven't seen the object since... does anyone know of anything like that?

there was a show on the history channel last night, and untill the show was on i had never heard of a ufo with that kind of visual signature. the ones on the show were described as green, and i figure you would have mentioned that if they were.

if you live in central Il you see planes all the time and should know how fast they go. if it was incredibly fast then maybe it was something, if not 'contrail' has my vote also.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
well that was quick, thanx for the info... out of the pics from that one link, this one seems to be the closest...

asd-www.larc.nasa.gov...

like i said, i've never seen anything like that before; or perhaps i've just never noticed... thanx again!

new topics

top topics

join