It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

81% in, Lamont Leads!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I felt it was getting close to time to say that Lamont is going to probably be the winner in this. Hey, I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Those of us that at least desire a different snake hiding in the cage at least show our happiness. The stool pigeon of the democratic party (lieberman) seems to be going down! A big war supporter going downhill possibly, that is something I can support!

He'll screw us all anyway, but at least he'll be a little bit more gentle that the psuedo Democrat Leiberman was!

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
92% of precincts in at 52 vs 48. Let's see Lieberman whine and cry that his site was hacked now. How many does he think were responsible enough to go to his site and read his platform in the first place??

Edit - Link

[edit on 8/8/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
He got it!

Great job! I heard enough interviews with Lamont to at least know he was better than Lieberman. One down, so many more to go.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
oo yay....... is this good or bad? Not a dem and I gave up on this election crap. right wing left wing there all corrupt bastards in my book.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
oo yay....... is this good or bad? Not a dem and I gave up on this election crap. right wing left wing there all corrupt bastards in my book.

Oh without a doubt, more than likely a corrupt bastard, but at the least, he hasn't shown it yet. I don't even pick sides in politics really, but I can say that I am happier with this loser than the real loser. Sad that our politics have come to that, but it is me being honest on how I feel.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Oh without a doubt, more than likely a corrupt bastard, but at the least, he hasn't shown it yet. I don't even pick sides in politics really, but I can say that I am happier with this loser than the real loser. Sad that our politics have come to that, but it is me being honest on how I feel.

Indeed, any Democrat that makes out with Bush has to be dirty. In more way then one im affraid
How can he expect to win being so close to the GOP.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Being close to the GOP even isn't as much of a concern for me. Lieberman was actually one of my first people I saw as a reason to believe a conspiracy existed. I still to this day feel that he through in the towel in the 2000 Veep debate with Cheney. He was like a defenseless kitten and didn't stand up for himself on key points that even I could have come out smelling like a rose on. It was almost as if Lieberman let Cheney look good after that debate.

Either way, what's done is done, and at least seeing a politician that I felt was crooked be thrown to the wayside is a positive step in my book.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is awesome!!!

Lieberman runs as an independent, getting the moderate democrats and Republican votes and remains Senator for Connecticut. Democrats are less one seat in the Senate, and Republicans retain the majority!

I get the feeling Karl Rove was behind this!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

I get the feeling Karl Rove was behind this!!!

Yeah, because it was horrible idea, and Lieberman will drop out before the election. He'll most certainly lose, if for no other reason then the lack of money, and the inability to call on wealthy Republican donors - for fear of losing the voters he currently does have.

They're polling even at 40%, and Liberman's base will erode by November. Connecticut is the most liberal state in the Union. Republican voters in Litchifield County won't tip the scale enough to compensate for the blue collar Democrats Lieberman will be losing in the larger cities.

Lieberman will hemorrhage support until October, and then drop out. He'll most likely return to the party, and the make a run for the Governorship.

Also, President Bush's poll numbers have been sub artic for a couple years now. The government is a mess, and they can't get a forkfull of pancakes in their mouthes without spilling. The GOP is most likely going to lose control of the House, the Senate, or maybe both.

Whatever Karl Rove is doing, I hope he keeps it up.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Lamont will most likely fail. Lieberman will run as an independent which 44% percent of the state is and will probably win. Either him or whats his face republican guy.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinstopshere
Lamont will most likely fail. Lieberman will run as an independent which 44% percent of the state is and will probably win. Either him or whats his face republican guy.

44% percent of the state's total population: 3.7 million people, self-identify as independent. However, that's not a real independent, moderate voting block. Nearly 65% of total voters tend to vote democrat every year, or for a liberal Republican.

Lieberman is a conservative.

He's currently polling at 40%, tied with Lamont. What's his name Republican guy is at 12%, without any backing from the GOP now. He neither has the money, nor the support to really make a difference.

It becomes a two man race again.

Lieberman's strongholds are Lichtfield County, the Naugatuck River, some of the heavily Jewish areas of the Gold Coast in Fairfield County. His main support still within the Democratic party are blue collar, white males living in urban areas. He had the backing of labor unions, who provided foot soldiers, money, and a structural foundation for his GOTV efforts.

They self identify as union workers, and vote based on loyalty.

Lamont's primary voters are those same independents that Lieberman needs to win, dissatisfied with the war. Wealthy, liberals from the suburbs.

Let me say that again. Traditional Democrats voted for Lieberman.

Traditional independents skewed towards Lamont.

This is terrible news for Lieberman. Why? Because now that Lieberman has lost, his endorsements disappear as well. That means Labor Unions, the core of Lieberman's campaign will now support Lamont. That means the Connecticut AFL-CIO, the Food and Commercial workers, the Connecticut Teamsters, Connecticut Letter Carriers, Firefighters, Carpenters, Communication Workers of America Locals 1103 and 1298, Connecticut's Postal Workers, the National Association of Government Employees and the National Association of Letter Carriers, Branch 19 provide manpower and money to Lamont. Voters who self identified as union workers, and vote based on loyalty, will have to choose who their greater loyalty belongs to...

Their own Labor Unions and the Democratic party, or Joe Lieberman.

Democrats will vote for a Democrat, and every day that Lieberman stays in the race, his support from blue collar Democrats will decrease, because they're more loyal to their party, and to their union, then they are to any man.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735

44% percent of the state's total population: 3.7 million people, self-identify as independent. However, that's not a real independent, moderate voting block. Nearly 65% of total voters tend to vote democrat every year, or for a liberal Republican.

Lieberman is a conservative...

...Democrats will vote for a Democrat, and every day that Lieberman stays in the race, his support from blue collar Democrats will decrease, because they're more loyal to their party, and to their union, then they are to any man.

"The most Liberal state in the Union" and 44% of the population can't be honest with themselves about it? Sounds about right. They are the farthest thing from "independent" when, "they're more loyal to the Democrat Party...then they are to any one man."

You are so wrong about Lieberman being a conservative that I question whether you know anything at all about what you're talking about. You sound like a typical numb from the neck up American Lib.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earlybird

"The most Liberal state in the Union" and 44% of the population can't be honest with themselves about it? Sounds about right. They are the farthest thing from "independent" when, "they're more loyal to the Democrat Party...then they are to any one man."

You are so wrong about Lieberman being a conservative that I question whether you know anything at all about what you're talking about. You sound like a typical numb from the neck up American Lib.

You know what's funny?

A year ago, I would have absolutely tore you a new one. Man, I would have demeaned you ten different ways from Mars. You wouldn't know if Tuesdays come in pairs, or just once a week.

I'd like to think I've mellowed out a bit, given the precarious state we find ourselves. I find myself more willing to look beyond simple partisan differences, understand that we're all Americans, and look at ways to solve the problem.

Really, the world is simply too serious right now to play games.

So, imagine my surprise, and I do mean that sincerly, my earnest and complete surprise to read your reply. And, given your tone, I get the distinct impression that you're cruising for a fight with one of those "Numb from the neck up, American Lib"

But, you're not going to get it.

I will simply repeat what I said before. 44% of Connecticut voters self indentify as being independent. You may disagree with how that feels emotionally, inside, but you cannot dispute that they do self indentify themselves on actual forms, with numbers and letters, and stuff.

As for Senator Lieberman, while I am loath to really stick labels on people, there are some pretty clear litmus tests to indentify a liberal from a conservative. He's against Affirmative Action, for school vouchers and faith based initiatives. In the past, he's voted for amendments that would cut off money to schools that teach gay tolerance, or offer gay counseling. He voted for Judge Roberts, and refused to support the fillibuster of Judge Alito, while at the same time voting against him - when he knew he was going to get confirmed. Senator Lieberman was a vocal supporter of Terry Schiavo, working to prevent her feeding tube from being removed.

And, when asked if Catholic hospitals should be obligated - by law - to give contraceptives to rape victims, the good Joe said, and I paraphrase, that "That rape victims can take a short cab ride to another hospital"

Really, do no harm.

Senator Joe supported the Iraq War with much ferver, while also joining Alberto Gonzales in eroding the Geneva Convention. Joe supports corporate interests, often times bucking the will of his own party to give yet another corporation federal shielding from call action law suits. So, you know, working men, dying from the Asbestos in their lungs, can't sue the corporations who put them in harm's way in the first place.

Now, I know this is probably all shocking to you, that I'm not just jumping and down, screaming "Oooga Booga", but I don't have to. My first post was pretty straight forward and logical, as is this one.

new topics

top topics

join