It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Systematic Extermination of Christian Populations by ......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This a realy long read.....

THE editor of a great Paris journal once re�marked that he attributed the extraordinary success of his publication to the fact that he had discovered that each man had at least one story to tell.

I have been for many years in the Near East�about thirty in all�and have watched the gradual and systematic extermination of Christians and Christianity in that region, and I believe it my duty to tell that grim tale, and to turn the light upon the political rivalries of the Western World, that have made such a fearful tragedy possible.

Though I have served for the major part of time as an American consular officer, I am no long�er acting in that capacity, and have no further connection with the United States Government.
None of the statements, which I make, therefore, has any official weight, nor have I in any way drawn upon State Department records or sources of information. I write strictly in my capacity as a private citizen, drawing my facts from my own observations, and from the testimony of others whom I quote.

I was in Athens in July, 1908, when, at the instigation of the Young Turks� �Committee of Union and Progress� the Saloniki army revolted and demanded the immediate putting into effect of the Constitution of 1876, which had become a dead let�ter, and I noted the reaction produced upon Greece by that apparently progressive move.

I was in Saloniki shortly after and witnessed the sad awakening of the non-Mussulman elements of that part of the Balkans to the fact that the much vaunted �Constitution� meant no liberty for them, but rather suppression, suffering and ultimate ex�tinction.

I was in Smyrna in May of 1917, when Turkey severed relations with the United States, and I received the oral and written statements of native-born American eye-witnesses of the vast and incredibly horrible Armenian massacres of 1915-16� some of which will be here given for the first time; I personally observed and otherwise confirmed the outrageous treatment of the Christian population of the Smyrna vilayet, both during the Great War, and before its outbreak.
I returned to Smyrna later and was there up until the evening of September 11, 1922, on which date the city was set on fire by the army of Mustapha Khemal, and a large part of its population done to death, and I witnessed the development of that Dantesque tragedy, which possesses few, if any parallels in the history of the world.

www.hri.org...

[Edited on 10/31/2003 by helen670]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
How old are you?

Great to hear some mature comments from someone with experience.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Ah, Jub, articles don't respond, and Helen, the one who found that article, is not that old. Or, if she is, she looks amazingly, strikingly and undeniably beautiful, especially for a woman over a 100 years old!

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   
hmmm
At first I was confused seing terms like Mohamedans, lower races and civilisations, primitive negroes etc. I thought WTF?! then I saw the year this book was written, 1926, explains a lot....

Though it does cover one of the worst genocides in history, armenian genocide, it is a very ignorant, racist, nationalist book, with completely wrong translation of muslim literature, lots of prejudice and typical superiority complex.

More info on armenian genocide can be found here:
www.armenian-genocide.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Yes Helen ...Religion Is Evil..its "satans" tool to divide
and destroy mankind but fostering Hate...preserving the
flow of the negative energy throughout society
So drop religion and enbrace the truth

Love....and treat others as you wish to be treated

we are ALL sons and daughters of the Creator
who gave of it self to bring us into creation
and gave us the ability to choose to support
The positive or the negative
What do you choose ?

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
hmmm
At first I was confused seing terms like Mohamedans, lower races and civilisations, primitive negroes etc. I thought WTF?! then I saw the year this book was written, 1926, explains a lot....

Though it does cover one of the worst genocides in history, armenian genocide, it is a very ignorant, racist, nationalist book, with completely wrong translation of muslim literature, lots of prejudice and typical superiority complex.

More info on armenian genocide can be found here:
www.armenian-genocide.org...

Armenian genocide? Was there massive slaughters of Armenians by Turks? Yes Were there equally horrid massive slaughters of Turks by Armenians and Russians and and anyone else in the Balkans or Cremian? Oh yes! To deny the Turkish genocide is just Eurocentric/ Christian historical revisionism. Both sides were equally as bad.
The British conjured up this one sided genocide to play to the newly revived Christian Missionary spirit in the U.S. They wanted to make the Turks look as bad as possible, to make them look like baby-killers and Christian blood-drinkers so that they could get American's to back them in their Empire War (WW I). It worked like a charm, the British had a whole department set up specifially to relay "atrocities" perpetrated by Turks on Armenian Christians.

Turn off your blinders, this atrocity was a 2 way street.
Read this

Also look for books by Dr. Justin McCarthy, he is one of my grad school professors and one of the leading researchers in this field. Actually he is listed in the bibliography for the above website.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by straterx
Yes Helen ...Religion Is Evil..its "satans" tool to divide
and destroy mankind but fostering Hate...preserving the
flow of the negative energy throughout society
So drop religion and enbrace the truth

Love....and treat others as you wish to be treated

we are ALL sons and daughters of the Creator
who gave of it self to bring us into creation
and gave us the ability to choose to support
The positive or the negative
What do you choose ?

listen to these words of wisdom. nice to see someone (else) around here whose not interested in fear and revenge.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
We don't need fear or revenge.

We have reality and karma to take care of those sentiments.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Ah, Jub, articles don't respond, and Helen, the one who found that article, is not that old. Or, if she is, she looks amazingly, strikingly and undeniably beautiful, especially for a woman over a 100 years old!

lol....lol.....got to laugh..

IM not that old.....lol

Thank you Thomas

It was a copy and paste!
Sorry I should have pointed that out!
helen.

JHK

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am an Armenian American and I've had many great-relatives who've been victoms of the Armenian Genocide. I have heard so many tragic stories about the Armenians during the genocide that it is absolutely heart breaking.

First of all, it wasn't the modern Turks who committed the genocide, it was the Ottoman Turks during the Ottoman Empire. But the only problem is that the Turks to this day claim that no such thing as a Genocide happened under any Turkish leadership.

Second, I say to PAPERCLIP about his comments made on the www.armenian-genocide.org, Won't you feel prejudice against the Race that Kills 1.5 million of your own people without justification? Armenians HATE the Ottoman Turks just like the Jews HATE the Nazis. So why should the Armenians show any pity to the turks? Do the Jews show any pity to Hitler?

Armenians have constantly been slaughtered under the Ottoman Empire. 1915 wasn't the first time, it was the biggest one. It is OUTRAGES to claim both Armenians and Turks equally as bad without researching the history and the causes! I leave you with this... Has there ever been a Genocide of the Turks any time in History??? If yes, were Armenians Involved?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
...muslim literature, lots of prejudice and typical superiority complex.

I think that says it all right there.

Some day, maybe after the land has been cleansed of their ilk, they will look out from their self created hell and realise where they went wrong.
They should have stoned Mohammad to death for being a pervert and a Madman when they had the chance.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
"the Systematic Extermination of Christian Populations by ......"
..........Logic and reasoning??

top topics

join