It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members' Suggestions for DISC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I know members have the way above top secret, but that is different than an applause. They are similiar in some ways, but they are two different things.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
hi,I feel like I don't belong here,but I could try to help.Ignorance MIGHT be useful,if you know how to use it.Since this world is VERY MIXED in terms of everything,we might need to know some ignorance AND knowlegde to find out and compare which is more useful.Like say a boy is full of ignorance and decides to keep it that way since he doesn't KNOW the opposite of ignorance.But in this world he can't stay ignorant forever,so then he gains some knowlegde of something he doesn't know about later on in his life.As he gets older he realizes that ignorance is becoming more and more useless and gaining knowlegde is more and more useful.So denying ignorance COMPLETELY might not be wise.It is true that we already had our share of ignorance when we were young,but when we are old enough we want to embrace knowlegde more and more and forget about ignorance.I think that TRUE IGNORANCE is like knowing NOTHING,while TRUE KNOWLEGDE is like knowing NOTHING,SOMETHING,AND EVERYTHING,and knowing the differences and compare them and as we get older we will know which one is more useful in any situation.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I think a good idea would be to have some notification of when people vote a posting for a WATS the way you get notified for Mod applause. It's sometimes declared by the member who gave it in the thread, but otherwiase it's a big mystery. It would help gauge just what members in general consider a worthy post.

I have to say, I once won a monthly WATS that dumfounded me, and quite frankly I didn't think the topic I suspect it came from to be WATS worthy myself.

[edit on 8/30/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
I think a good idea would be to have some notification of when people vote a posting for a WATS the way you get notified for Mod applause.

I have to say, I once won a monthly WATS that dumfounded me, and quite frankly I didn't think the topic I suspect it came from to be WATS worthy myself.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

This would most likely be a coding nightmare, which the Supreme Coder is not exactly in the market for at this time, but it seems like an issue we can address.

Please stand by.

Grady

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Being new, I have to say Im dissappointed at the HUGE amount of material in all the forums that seem to be unrelated to an ATS theme. I dont like to complain without making a suggestion, but in this case I dont know what the best fix is. When I go to a Skunk Works Conspiracies thread, I really dont want to read a bunch of political whining about the middle east that has nothing to do with the thread. Maybe find one responsible person for each thread to moderate that thread? Not sure what the best solution for that is.

Good site tho .....if you have the patience to wade thru everything.

Godspeed,

Dango

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well Dango first let me say welcome To the ATS world, at the present time there are 231641 threads, so to put one member in charge of one thread is impossible, I would think.

We do have the Members, Administrators, Super Moderators, Moderators, FSME, and Councillors who keep an eye out for rubbish that does not belong in certain threads, you your self can help in keeping ATS up to the calibre we appreciate here, by using the Complain button up on the navigation bar above, when you use it, it will make a post only visible for the Adm/Sup/Moderators to see and act accordingly to the complaint you have posted.

[edit on 24/11/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I dont know but I made a few mistakes before when I used to post. when I used to post I made a lot of ignorant errors with my posting. I got many of my facts wrong... I didnt do research, etc, there were several reasons why I didnt know how to post. I think that although they already have a guideline for posting for most of the newer members who dont know what ATS is like you should have a section about how fast it takes you to understand the learning curve of ATS. It took me a long time to get used to making posts I dont know how other people feel but there should be things, on, what not to do, and how not to emberass yourself in the chat.

Also. I feel that the ATS newsletter should be sent to our inboxes again because I miss the old newsletter. I didnt get many newsletters before because I signed up for them later but I would sign up for a newsletter if we had the opportune to sign up for it again.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I say it should be a voting up system. Top 4 voted threads are on the main page. If you like the thread, vote it up. If you don't then you just simply go to another thread. Rather then rating it down and discouraging further reading.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Also. I feel that the ATS newsletter should be sent to our inboxes again because I miss the old newsletter. I didnt get many newsletters before because I signed up for them later but I would sign up for a newsletter if we had the opportune to sign up for it again.

The resurrection of the newsletter is now being discussed. There are certain software upgrades and staff realignments that must occur first, but rest assured that the greatest minds at ATS are working on it as we speak.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
at the risk of sounding like a stuck record : want the "members upload space " to support Google Earth placemark files / TIA

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
We should have a forum to collecct our thoughts with for the main message board forums so we can post on the collective thought boards. Maybe we should have an ATS committee so that we can give more insight the moderators >_>. A committee would bring great ideas-- new forums-- and new thoughts, and possibly many more new threads.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Such a committee exists. It is called the Deny Ignorance Steering Committee (DISC). You are posting in its suggestions thread.

[edit on 2006/11/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

We should have a forum to collecct our thoughts with for the main message board forums so we can post on the collective thought boards. Maybe we should have an ATS committee so that we can give more insight the moderators >_>. A committee would bring great ideas-- new forums-- and new thoughts, and possibly many more new threads.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Oh... this is the committee for sharing such thoughts and idea. I was asking if we could have a separate forums for other users so that they can pass it up to the newer ones.

As much as I like the new chat I think that it needs a few things:

- users with less than 200 posts still shouldnt be allowed in the chat
- there should be other rooms that represent themes or areas of interest of ats. for example there should be a aliens/ufo room, a room to discuss secret societies, and there should also be a room to discuss website design and or sports.
- an admin should send new users a basic outline on the format of how to make a post.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I thought this one was done already.

- an admin should send new users a basic outline on the format of how to make a post.

It's been awhile since I signed up, but I believe a link to Zed's ATS Handbook is provided. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought when I signed up I was handed a link.

If this is something that we do not do, then it's suggestion is certainly a good one. I am under the impression it is in the protocol though.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Maybe you didn't get a copy of my award-winning, critically-acclaimed boilerplate introductory posts. Here's one:

Welcome, Maverickhunter!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Important Website-Related Threads.

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Oh, and vote for the Automotive Forum.

Grady

[edit on 2006/11/27 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join