It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate airport security checkpoint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
How many times have we all been herded through airport security like lambs to the slaughter? It's time that we put our minds together to create a foolproof airport security system that is capable of immediate implementation. Yes, regrettably, the brawn of senior citizens may not be adaquate to safeguard our loved ones in the future. Perhaps their safety deserves the concern of the intelligentsia. I'll show, then it's the smart peoples turn. Remember, foolproof systems only.

A foolproof system of stopping explosives from being smuggled in through security presently exists . The remedy simply requires existing technology: regarding a density measuring electro-magnetic detector, using a transmitter like a radar unit.

The genera are a radar detection of different densities. A species is weather radar detection units.

The genera utilize the magnetic spectrum: by bouncing an Electro-magnetic wave through the person, reflecting it back to the radar unit. We necessarily start with a radar unit, and research and modify the tuning structure: so that it will bounce an Electro-magnetic wave through a person in such a manner that the reflection of the wave will reveal the density differences.

Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) is presently in use:it consists of an ultra-wideband imaging technique used for subsurface exploration and monitoring. It is widely used for locating utility lines; monitoring pavement, runways, and walls for soundness and thickness; search and rescue; archaeological exploration; forensic examinations; mining; ice sounding; detecting unexploded land mines and bombs; agricultural applications; groundwater studies; permafrost, voidcave and tunnel detection; location of sinkholes, ... subsidence areas; and many other similar applications.

A simple front line of defense is to be found by use of pre-1996 Sony starlight Express or other infrared filters: in conjunction with software based directional auto-focus to areas of density differentials. This would eliminate privacy concerns, as the monitor would display a restricted focus only, as opposed to a large area exhibition. Under clothes photos at:
www.kaya-optics.com... Text Blue

Perhaps you are wondering what makes this ability possible. The answer lies in infrared rays. All reflected light that we can see with the naked eye represents a fractional portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, which is infinite. We refer to this section as "visible light". All around us, light is reflected which the human retina cannot detect, such as ultraviolet and infra-red radiation.

The visible part of the spectrum falls between the wavelengths of 430nm~690nm. (1nm=10-9m) Infrared rays have much larger wavelengths than this. We divide them into "Near Infrared Rays" (690nm-4,000nm) and "Extreme Infrared Rays" (over 4,000nm).

Unlike ultraviolet and visible rays, infrared rays tend to penetrate any medium rather easily because of their large wavelengths. This also means that infrared rays are not refracted much at all when passing from one medium to another. When we shine sunlight through a prism, it is refracted at an angle according to its wavelength. The blue end of the visible spectrum has the shortest wavelength, so is refracted the most. At the other end of the spectrum, beyond the red, visible light, infrared rays are barely refracted at all because of their long wavelength.
www.kaya-optics.com...

For applications relating to see through of female clothing, see www.kaya-optics.com... This is provided as serious reference matierial only.
www.kaya-optics.com...Text Blue

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Riiight... I hate the damn security at airports, it is a hassle for passangers but noo on top of that, like they get a sick kick out of it, they hire the RUDEST most IGNORANT people to staff the check points.

I would dare someone to highjack a plane I was on with a box cutter. Psshh.. if you even believe that lie anyways, if CIA and FBI did their job and didn't allow illeagals in the country we wouldn't need that much protection. That is asking to much, sorry CIA, FBI you try, your try.

At this ultimate check point, after they rip apart your baggage, throw your laptop down, toss around around your spare clothes and force you to take off your deadly shoes, do they put it all back to gether nicely or jsut tell you to cary on. !@#^@^ holes!!!

I was once pulled out of line because my belt buckle made to alarm go off, had to do the wand search while an Arab guy just walks through no questions asked. I know "racial proiling is wrong!" .. but uh.. Arabs highjacked the plane not college aged suburban white boys!

Sorry.. airports a bad topic for me.

apc

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I take trains.

But the underclothing radar is definitely a good solution. However, most people dont like showing off their hoohoos and chachas.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Right, one Christmas we were coming back from Europe. I fell into the arms of two Customs fellows who detained me for an hour or more. (Customs is not subject to CAFRA (Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform Act acronym CAFRA). Customs appeared rather convinced that I had Swiss Rolex watches up and down my legs. No banana. After tearing apart all of the families Christmas packages, to find naught, they were kind enough to send transportation to the next connecting flight. It was all utterly unnecessary then, and more so now. Let's save the next fellow American our bad travel experiences. Change is only effected to rectify past imbalances, to the mutual benefit: when we act in concert.

The relevant concern is our mutual safety and welfare.

It is a failure of patriotism to fail to act to secure our safety while in air transit.
The blood of any American killed while we have the key to prevention is upon those who hold the key to prevention of disasters. You might hypothesize that it would be morally derelict to fail to point out known remedies.

There is a nick of time in all things. To risk cliché...This is the calm before the storm, and that gives one pause to reflect. To be or not to be, that is the question indeed!

Clearly, we all pray that there are never such problems.

Since our Country is making war on terrorists as we speak: attendant risks as could ordinarily result, should be viewed as concerns of a plausible nature.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It's called the Secure 1000 and it's built by OSI Rapiscan. It uses a new system of x-rays to view under clothes, and in tests has been highly successful. However, the ACLU has been screaming bloody murder about it because it "violates a persons privacy if it's used to view a female passenger with a male screener." So don't count on seeing it in airports anytime soon.

Along with the Secure 1000 is the GE Ion Track Entryscanner. Ion Track has by far the most successful explosive/drug detection system on the market. They've incorporated this system into a walk through detector to use in the checkpoints. This system is coming online in some airports now.

Secure 1000
Entryscan

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
yall are all wrong. youve got to think outside of the box:

give everyone on the plane a pistol. nobody is going to hijack a plane in which every person on the flight is armed, because terrorists are by nature cowards.....they aint gonna attack unless the deck is stacked in their favor. of course, you'll have a few accidents involving structural failure due to decompression from a pistol round going through the bulkhead at 35 thousand feet, but everyone will get used to it after awhile and learn to be a bit more careful.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
yall are all wrong. youve got to think outside of the box:

give everyone on the plane a pistol. nobody is going to hijack a plane in which every person on the flight is armed, because terrorists are by nature cowards.....they aint gonna attack unless the deck is stacked in their favor. of course, you'll have a few accidents involving structural failure due to decompression from a pistol round going through the bulkhead at 35 thousand feet, but everyone will get used to it after awhile and learn to be a bit more careful.

LOL and one accidently goes off and hits the window at 30,000 ft

Tazers maybe!

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Contrary to popular myth, if you shoot out a window in a plane, you're not going to blow out the side of the plane. It puts a nice little hole in the window, and you get decompression, but you don't get the giant whole sucking people out like in the movies.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
why do you always have to ruin nice dreams with reality, zaphod?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
However, most people dont like showing off their hoohoos and chachas.

That is the funniest thing I have read all morning. I am still laughing and will be laughing about it as the BrainWiser 2000 scans my wiener for anomilies as I am boarding Flight 241 out of Newark, held up for an hour of course, because the BrainWiser 2000 thinks I have a torpedo in my speedos.

Mr Beezer

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Airport security is a complete joke anyway. More fear, loss of life and economic damage could be done by attacking overcrowded terminal buildings.

Anyone who has ever flown through a major international airport will have noticed how there are no security checks until you actually leave the check-in desk and head for the departure lounge. The terminal buildings are full of random people hanging around, seeing off friends and relations, committing petty crimes etc.
Any nut case could be driven up to the terminal building, unload several suitcases packed with HE and other nasties (for maximum damage), stick it on a trolley and wheel it right into the middle of the terminal building without anyone batting an eyelid.
Everyone is so focused on preventing hijackings and feeling up the passengers they seem to have overlooked the most obvious target. No need for a suicide bomber either, there are plenty of places to leave the cases and wander off before anyone takes any notice and raises any alarm.

There should be drop off points and security checks before anyone even reaches the terminal. A simple staging area with the necessary security checks and then only those flying passengers get to make their way to the terminal to await their flight.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Quite right. A simple front line of defense is to be found by use of pre-1996 Sony starlight Express or other infrared filters: in conjunction with software based directional auto-focus to areas of density differentials. This would eliminate privacy concerns, as the monitor would display a restricted focus only, as opposed to a large area exhibition. Since the technology is there, a tradeoff of security over privacy is inevitable. In that the right to privacy no longer exists in the 21st century, let's kill the Semtex out. At least our loved ones won't be burned alive. No-one likes what is. Knowing "what is:" is it perhaps the beginning of wisdom?

Originally posted by apc
I take trains.

But the underclothing radar is definitely a good solution. However, most people dont like showing off their hoohoos and chachas.
TextText Red

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thank you. That's precisely what I was wanting to know. keelynet.com... a lot of cool stuff on it, you know?

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It's called the Secure 1000 and it's built by OSI Rapiscan. It uses a new system of x-rays to view under clothes, and in tests has been highly successful. However, the ACLU has been screaming bloody murder about it because it "violates a persons privacy if it's used to view a female passenger with a male screener." So don't count on seeing it in airports anytime soon.

Along with the Secure 1000 is the GE Ion Track Entryscanner. Ion Track has by far the most successful explosive/drug detection system on the market. They've incorporated this system into a walk through detector to use in the checkpoints. This system is coming online in some airports now.

Secure 1000
Entryscan

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I'm new to this, and did not ID my response. You probably already have, but if not, do check out keelynet.com... by Flash_dancer

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Secure 1000
Entryscan

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
News 8-09-2006 GE Making Video Cameras That Can Detect Terrorists
Scientists at General Electric Co., are rushing the development of a new "smart video surveillance" system which researchers claim is capable of detecting explosives by recognizing electromagnetic waves given off by objects even if it was concealed. And there's more. Reportedly researchers are developing software that can "recognize faces, pinpoint distress in a crowd by honing in on erratic body movements and synthesize the view of several cameras into one's bird's eye view."
www.allheadlinenews.com... Later, Flash_dancer

Originally posted by Mr Beezer

Originally posted by apc
However, most people dont like showing off their hoohoos and chachas.

That is the funniest thing I have read all morning. I am still laughing and will be laughing about it as the BrainWiser 2000 scans my wiener for anomilies as I am boarding Flight 241 out of Newark, held up for an hour of course, because the BrainWiser 2000 thinks I have a torpedo in my speedos.

Mr Beezer

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
www.aip.org... A New Kind of Acoustic Laser

Sound amplification by stimulated emission of raciation, or SASER, is the acoustic analog of a laser. Instead of a feedback-built potent wave of electromagnetic radiation, a saser would deliver a potent ultrasound wave.

The concept has been around for years and several labs have implemented models with differing features. In a new version, undertaken by scientists from the University of Nottingham (Anthony Kent, [email protected]) in the U.K. and the Lashkarev Institute of Semiconductor Physics in Ukraine, the gain medium -- that is, the medium where the amplification takes place -- consists of stacks (or a superlattice) of thin layers of semiconductors which together form "quantum wells."

In these wells, really just carefully confined planar regions, electrons can be excited by parcels of ultrasound, which typically possess millielectronvolts of energy, equivalent to a frequency of 0.1-1 terahertz. And just as coherent light can build up in a laser by the concerted, stimulated emission of light from a lot of atoms, so in a saser coherent sound can build up by the concerted emission of phonons from a lot of quantum wells in the superlattice.

In lasers the light buildup is maintained by a reflective optical cavity. In the U.K.-Ukraine saser, the acoustic buildup is maintained by an artful spacing of the lattice layer thicknesses in such a way that the layers act as an acoustic mirror (see figure at Physics News Graphics).

Eventually the sound wave emerges from the device at a narrow angular range, as do laser pulses. The monoenergetic nature of the acoustic emission, however, has not yet been fully probed. The researchers believe their saser is the first to reach the terahertz frequency range while using also modest electrical power input. Terahertz coherent sound is itself a relatively new field of research. Essentially ultrasound with wavelengths measured in nanometers, terahertz acoustical devices might be used in modulating light waves in optoelectronic devices.

Kent et al., Physical Review Letter, 2 June 2006
Contact Anthony Kent, [email protected]
Figure at Physics News Graphics

Does that evade you sufficiently?

Originally posted by apc
I take trains.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Right. Well, a lot of interesting tecnology out there. Flash_dancer
05/24/06 - Star Trek Remote Scanner technology is here!
Argonne engineers have successfully performed the first-ever remote detection of chemicals and identification of unique explosives spectra using a spectroscopic technique that uses the properties of the millimeter/terahertz frequencies between microwave and infrared on the electromagnetic spectrum. The researchers used this technique to detect spectral "fingerprints" that uniquely identify explosives and chemicals. The Argonne-developed technology was demonstrated in tests that accomplished three important goals: * Detected and measured poison gas precursors 60 meters away in the Nevada Test Site to an accuracy of 10 parts per million using active sensing. * Identified chemicals related to defense applications, including nuclear weapons, from 600 meters away using passive sensing at the Nevada Test Site. * Built a system to identify the spectral fingerprints of trace levels of explosives, including DNT, TNT, PETN, RDX and plastics explosives semtex and C-4. The millimeter/terahertz technology detects the energy levels of a molecule as it rotates. The frequency distribution of this energy provides a unique and reproducible spectral pattern - its "fingerprint" - that identifies the material. The technology can also be used in its imaging modality - ranging from concealed weapons to medical applications such as tumor detection.
www.anl.gov... Flash_dancer

05/24/06 - Plaster casts of ant nests

Originally posted by apc
I take trains.

new topics

top topics

join