It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding what Steven Greer has said about SETI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Steven Greer has said that he has information from sources within SETI that they recieved ET signals but they were also blocked by the NSA or some similar agency. So I emailed the Disclosure Project and got this email response from them:

"These people have asked not to be identified and he's abiding by their wishes. They're afraid of the repercussions. They would probably testify in a congressional hearing under the right circumstances, though."

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
look at the wording of what he said:

1. SETI recieved ET signals - thats anything from outer space... pulsars etc. seti recives these all the time.

2. That sometimes these signals are blocked, well that is called interfearance from stuff like the background radiation left over after the big bang and comercial (and yes military) comunications. He is purley speculating when he says the NSA.

His entire statement means nothing and is purley sensationalist, as far as anything I can see non of the signals recived by seti are ever intentionaly blocked.

Toc

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by classified material
Steven Greer has said that he has information from sources within SETI that they recieved ET signals but they were also blocked by the NSA or some similar agency. So I emailed the Disclosure Project and got this email response from them:

"These people have asked not to be identified and he's abiding by their wishes. They're afraid of the repercussions. They would probably testify in a congressional hearing under the right circumstances, though."

That's exactly what i said on the very first post that came out about this subject.
Put yourself in their position. You got kids and a wife, a large family that could get hurt on one side. On the other side, you got ET Signals that could change the world. The natural way to act would be to protect your family...

Also, remember that the universe is most likely packed with all kind of civilisations. Some advanced, some less, some probably near our development. Radio waves is probably one logical step in the technological development of those civilisations. I don't see why more advanced races would use radio waves, but i don't reject the ideo less advanced races are at that stage.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

1. SETI recieved ET signals - thats anything from outer space... pulsars etc. seti recives these all the time.

While, technically, the direct meaning of extraterrestrial coudl be anything, it has a common meaning regarding extraterrestrial intelligence. I am 100% certain that this is implied. He is not talking about Pulsars or the like. I doubt his sources were using the word ET to describe Pulsars.

2. That sometimes these signals are blocked, well that is called interfearance from stuff like the background radiation left over after the big bang and comercial (and yes military) comunications. He is purley speculating when he says the NSA.

The background radiation from the bigbang exists at a specific frequency distribution and is easily distinguished from strong signals. The whole point of the MBR is that it is so incredibly ambient, and until 10 years ago, appeared entirely uniform. They call it "background" for a reason. It wouldn't make a good jamming signal. When he says the signal is jammed, he means the signal is jammed.

Now whether you believe Greer's claims is another matter. Yet, in my humble opinion, it would be a mistake to believe what he is saying is misconstrued from such basic knowledge. I mean, he did manage to pass his medical exams at one point.

Whether he is stretching 'eerie stories' he has been told into bullet points is another matter. But he has to be the one to provide us with enough information to rationally judge his claims.

For now, they are unsubstantiated.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

new topics

top topics

join