It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we do to address race-relations and solve racism?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
West Point,

Personally, there is not enough money the government could pay out to the Blacks who have worked without just compensation for many years. And if they did give us the equivalent of "forty acres and a mule", they could never do it. It would cause too much derision. And of course, it would turn into a court issue because I believe that someone will sue over this thing due to "reverse racism".

Something like a lawsuit could happen because there are many people out there who don't believe Black people don't even deserve just compensation or an apology. And there are a lot of others who will not understand the implications of how badly Blacks endured under these conditions superimposed by the government. But because of the stigma of "reparations", they immediately will be up in arms about it, calling it a "waste of tax-payer money and time".

Now, I on the other hand, do believe that an apology should be made along with an official recognition from the government determining what has happened in the past. But, the things that have been done are paltry at best. And I doubt that any politician (or the national leader) has a genuine bone in their body to truly apologize. Their constituents would not let them.

They barely can bring themselves to apologize to Muslims for what they've said or done to them over "racial profiling" and "denouncing their culture/religion" in the press and in public policy.

In the end, I am very pessamistic. No one would do such a thing. Apologizing would amount to some sort of feeling. And this society, nor its government has none--unless it is politically or financially viable to do so.

Mr. Bush barely got the muster to go to the NAACP. And that was done after five years.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
West Point,

Personally, there is not enough money the government could pay out to the Blacks who have worked without just compensation for many years. And if they did give us the equivalent of "forty acres and a mule", they could never do it. It would cause too much derision. And of course, it would turn into a court issue because I believe that someone will sue over this thing due to "reverse racism".

Also, another issue, the people alive today are not the ones who were enslaved.

Why do they deserve compesation for theyre slavery, if they were never slaves?

For example, the one time reparations were given out was from the enternment camps for the Japanese in WWII. It was given to those who were still alive and any direct decendant, those whom were there or affected personally.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Also, another issue, the people alive today are not the ones who were enslaved.

Neither are the people alive today the ones who enslaved them.

Why do they deserve compesation for theyre slavery, if they were never slaves?

They don't.

FF, thanks for the informative links to Jesse Jackson. I was also surprised to see that Greg Mathis was so ignorant, also. Our judicial system is broken if we allow racists like him to sit on the bench. He should be removed from the bench.

But I think you may be mistaken about "Reverend" Jackson. We've been told he would never do or say anything as bad as Pat Buchanan said, despite his long and spotted career.

I will agree... his career is spotted. It's got a lot of spots!
But please don't derail the thread with talk of JJ. Only certain people are allowed to derail it, with talk about Pat Buchanan.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
No one asked for an opinion about JJ. But an opinion was asked about Pat Buchanan. That's the difference.

We were "forced" to read about JJ's transgressions, once again. A habit that seems to happen on every thread. Yawn.

No need to get angry, jsobecky. If you like Buchanan's ideas, say so. If not, say you don't.

Besides, your questions will still be answered. I didn't feel like answering them two days ago. And I don't feel like answering them now. I have not ignored them. Let's just say they will be put on the back burner until I decide to tackle them.

I hope you can comprehend that. I am trying my hand at "effective communication".

-----------------------------------------

However, to answer WolfofWar's question, if there ought to be reparations (and this is a big "if"), people should fight for it in terms of the Jim Crow and Civil Rights era.

Because the lynchers are still alive. The politicians that espoused and endorsed the segregation laws are still alive. And the victims of Segregation, lynching and racial animus that happened during those times are still alive. Especially the people who were bitten by dogs of the police, the Central nine, and those who have lost loved ones to the death of racial violence (especially Bloody Sunday in Selma Alabama).

Some of those who did those violent acts (like what happened to James Byrd, Jr.) are alive.

And their relatives who did not condemn and continue to endorse their acts silently are alive. Just think of it. They are still teaching the latest generation to hate races different from theirs even now without any thing to teach them differently.

To make a definite point about the suffering of a people, then focus on the victims who are still alive and have suffered terribly at the hands of those bombers, arsonists, politicians, lynchers, and unrepentant abetters who have participated in their vile acts during Jim Crow and the Civil Rights era. I'd especially focus on the white jury members in the Deep South who unwittingly let these criminals free even thought they committed the crime.

And if you think about it in terms of the deep South, that would be a lot of Black people.

I mean, every small town had a lynching tree. I had mentioned previously in a post that my cousin told me about the one still standing in my mother's home town. The white people in that town can't even bring themselves to chop it down. Who knows? The tree might still be in business.

BTW, have you ever seen pictures of lynchings and burnings from the Deep South? Now this is about fifty years ago, not over a hundred years ago. They are mind-blowing stuff. It's hard to imagine how one race of people had so much animus, disregard and hate for another they had to kill them.

Those pictures rank right up there with the pictures of the mass burials at the Concentration camps.

But honestly, do you think the white people still alive that participated in these crimes want to be found out and pay? Hell no. And neither do their relatives. And not the politicians. People like Bob Barr and Trent Lott are avowed racists to the end. They'll never bring themselves to pay for the suffering they have caused people of color.

It won't be done. People don't have that much remorse or love in their heart to do so.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Even if you could identify the specific players, what could you do? Take Rupert Murdoch. Do you think he will give up his hold on the media? Why should he?

I'm a proponent of looking at the big picture, if only to see where you fit in. Murdoch is just one piece in the NWO puzzle. If he didn't exist, there would be another guy just like him.

Of course, Murdoch won't abdicate the throne of media king. That would be unreasonable. However, if we, 'the little guy,' can identify the shape of the plan, we can slow it down by simply recognizing it for what it is: an attempt to screw us all.

Its not about sharing his power, its about negating it.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006

Because the lynchers are still alive. The politicians that espoused and endorsed the segregation laws are still alive. And the victims of Segregation, lynching and racial animus that happened during those times are still alive. Especially the people who were bitten by dogs of the police, the Central nine, and those who have lost loved ones to the death of racial violence (especially Bloody Sunday in Selma Alabama).

And those lynchers, if found, should be prosecuted for torture and murder. Thats justice, theres no need to throw money on the table as if one murder is more deserving of justice then another.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

"Reverend" Jackson.

You do know that he FLUNKED OUT of the Theological Seminary, don't you? Yep. 20 years later he was given an honorable title from the school he flunked out of. That's what he's running on.

And since this is a thread about race-relations and racism it isn't necessary to have Jesee Jackson 'invited' as a subject to the discussion. He has insinuated himself into that aspect of American life and therefore when discussing race and/or race relations in this country he, and his illegal and immoral operations, are definately worth discussing.

He claims to be a social leader for black America. He claims to fight racism. Therefore, he belongs in this discussion. No one need 'invite' or 'ask' about him.
Like it or not, and for obvious reasons some don't like it, he is a part of race discussions.

Here's a question for you jso .... It has been alleged that 'reverend' Jesse paid off his pregnant mistress with funds that were donated to his Rainbow PUSH organization by people who thought the money would go for programs for black people and for better race relations. Do you know if that was ever proven or if there are any charges that have been leveled against him for criminal misappropriation of donated funds?? I haven't found anything that says what happened one way or another on that subject.

www.blackwebportal.com...

She got a $40,000 moving/leaving bonus and a $340,000 house on the opposite coast ... but did the authorities ever check or determine to see if it was legal for him to be paying off his pregnant mistress, who worked for the organization, with these donated funds? Do you know JSO? It's immoral for sure. But was it ever checked to see if it is illegal?

[edit on 8/31/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Here's a question for you jso .... It has been alleged that 'reverend' Jesse paid off his pregnant mistress with funds that were donated to his Rainbow PUSH organization by people who thought the money would go for programs for black people and for better race relations. Do you know if that was ever proven or if there are any charges that have been leveled against him for criminal misappropriation of donated funds?? I haven't found anything that says what happened one way or another on that subject.

No, I don't know if Rainbow PUSH was ever investigated about this. I'm sure the money didn't come out of his personal funds, tho.

I do know that many such non-profits are under scrutiny for fraudelent use of funds. And I do know that JJ has turned down requests to discuss the matter.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
I'm a proponent of looking at the big picture, if only to see where you fit in. Murdoch is just one piece in the NWO puzzle. If he didn't exist, there would be another guy just like him.
:
However, if we, 'the little guy,' can identify the shape of the plan, we can slow it down by simply recognizing it for what it is: an attempt to screw us all.
:
Its not about sharing his power, its about negating it.

Well, I don't know how much of the NWO/Illuminati stuff I believe in. The major question I have is, why? Why would a group with such concentrated power and immense wealth want to screw us all? They have nothing to gain. So why would they bother? It it out of sheer boredom?

I know there are many people who believe in them. Maybe I'll research it.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The major question I have is, why?

One thing about NWO and screwing with groups of people is that it can shift demographics. With shifting demographics and proper investments people can get wealthy fast. If it exists ...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ok, I've read this thread in full trying to discover the valid points in the midst of name calling. The world is full of racists, bigots and sexist. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors. White people Ceci donot have the corner on it as you seem to believe. I feel no need to apologize for actions I didnot take I don't believe that you are entitled to reparations because you are a black woman any more then I'm entitled to reparations because I have been discriminated against because I'm a white woman. You will note that both discriptive words of race are lower case because I don't care what color your skin is believe me it means far more to you then it does to me.

So then, lets talk about equal treatement. Some years ago there was an individual working with me who loved to go up to white women and ask them if they had a little black in them; when they said no he would then pressure them to have sex with him so they could. My employer took no action because they didn't want to open the race can of worms. Is that fair? Does his action mean all black men behave like that; of course not. Now, would my employer have hesitated had it been a white man doing that? Not for a second, he would have been fired and rightly so. Let's continue some time ago I was up for a promotion; I had the highest score on the test but oops didn't have the race card how is that fair?

Ceci I have no doubt you have encountered racism and that is very very wrong but you are kidding yourself if you don't think it happens the other way around it certainly does and in all cases it is wrong.

How does racism end; well how about we all follow the Golden Rule and treat everybody regardless of race, sex, national origin or way of life the way we wish to be treated with dignity and respect. That is the only way we will end all the isms because our children will see our actions and emulate them.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes

So then, lets talk about equal treatement. Some years ago there was an individual working with me who loved to go up to white women and ask them if they had a little black in them; when they said no he would then pressure them to have sex with him so they could. My employer took no action because they didn't want to open the race can of worms. Is that fair? Ceci I have no doubt you have encountered racism and that is very very wrong but you are kidding yourself if you don't think it happens the other way around it certainly does and in all cases it is wrong.

This brings up an interesting point. A while back in this thread the discussion was around White Privilege. I posted a reponse which also listed 4 examples of Black Privilege. Interestingly enough, only one of the 4 was discussed - the right to feel rage. People wanted to more or less say "I have a right to be mad!". The problem is that that inevitably leads to a lack of accountability for one's actions, because the "right to feel rage" legitimizes their choices.

But the above quote brings up one more example of Black Privilege - the immunity from responsibility. The employer did not take action because he was understandably intimidated by the expensive legal consequences and his image. Lawsuits cost money, and there is always the danger of being labeled a racist.

We have even seen an example of that, to a lesser degree, here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The post above does show "immunity from responsibility" very well. For once, jsobecky and myself agree. But don't forget--"immunity from responsibility" is an equal opportunity thing. White people aren't removed from being irresponsible. But because of it, they hardly get their wrists slapped.

Just think what happened with the "racial profiling" business with Muslim individuals. A lot of "wrist slapping" occurred there due to white privilege. And then, it gets into a murkier slope when you think about the treatment of victims incarcerated in Gitmo. In fact, our President is trying to pass amendments in order to have government officials recieve "immunity from responsibility" from torture.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally quoted by galloping hordes

Ok, I've read this thread in full trying to discover the valid points in the midst of name calling. The world is full of racists, bigots and sexist. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

Sure they do. I haven't said anything different.

White people Ceci donot have the corner on it as you seem to believe. I feel no need to apologize for actions I didnot take I don't believe that you are entitled to reparations because you are a black woman any more then I'm entitled to reparations because I have been discriminated against because I'm a white woman. You will note that both discriptive words of race are lower case because I don't care what color your skin is believe me it means far more to you then it does to me.

I give you three huzzahs for equality. I don't know how capitalizing my letters mean anything racially charged. But I'll take your word for it though. Jim Crow ettiquette teaches me so.

But seriously, have you actually seen the old footage of what happened during the civil rights era? Did you ever watch that on television? It's amazing how people forget that Black people were killed for no good reason. If not attacked, simply for trying to vote.

Btw, did you have to pay a poll tax for voting? My mother did along with a lot of my older relatives. I wonder what those corrupt sherriffs up in the sticks did with all that extra money?

So then, lets talk about equal treatement. Some years ago there was an individual working with me who loved to go up to white women and ask them if they had a little black in them; when they said no he would then pressure them to have sex with him so they could.

That is definitely a racist and sexist act.

My employer took no action because they didn't want to open the race can of worms. Is that fair? Does his action mean all black men behave like that; of course not. Now, would my employer have hesitated had it been a white man doing that? Not for a second, he would have been fired and rightly so.

How do you know? Has there been a case (beside the Slave Masters) of white men pressuring black women to get into bed with them? Or would the perception be that their "white privilege" would keep them out of trouble because it is simply assumed that black men are the only cads and scoundrels who act that way?

After all, when thinking about John Michael Karr, there are a lot of sick tickets from different races.

But it always has to come down to the stereotypes of "equality" in which someone has to use a "Black person" to prove their point of "equal opportunity discrimination". I'd be more interested in hearing about "White on White" discrimination.

See, it's like one of those conundrums that keep on turning into a vicious cycle of dilemma.

Let's continue some time ago I was up for a promotion; I had the highest score on the test but oops didn't have the race card how is that fair?

Were you promoted? Did they put someone in your place?

But, au contraire, ma amie. White women do have the "sex card". Affirmative action affects them in the same ways as people of color. They are also afforded the same protections in terms of a "disenfranchised group". Looks like you are a part of getting those handouts too.

Ceci I have no doubt you have encountered racism and that is very very wrong but you are kidding yourself if you don't think it happens the other way around it certainly does and in all cases it is wrong.

Why would you think that I wouldn't be conscious of racism against whites? I know it happens. It's a shame. Have I given any indication that I haven't been conscious of it on this board?

How does racism end; well how about we all follow the Golden Rule and treat everybody regardless of race, sex, national origin or way of life the way we wish to be treated with dignity and respect. That is the only way we will end all the isms because our children will see our actions and emulate them.

It's a nice dream. But when we wake up in the morning, there are still a whole bunch of people in the world who would like to flush the Golden Rule down the toilet and go to the Mexican border and build that wall. Not to mention call Black people ones who get "social giveaways".

How many actually follow the Golden Rule on this board?

[edit on 1-9-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
So then, lets talk about equal treatement.

We get your point, but I don't think this was the best example. Niteboy gave a good one earlier. In Nite's example, the racist was an unknown, an x-factor, even to him. Your example is filled with the potential for backstory that we couldn't possibly know. For example, with your promotion, how do we, or you, know that other factors weren't taken into consideration, like a pleasant phone manner? Or patterns of tardiness?

Don't feel like I'm picking at you. My examples get picked apart too.

Well, I don't know how much of the NWO/Illuminati stuff I believe in. The major question I have is, why? Why would a group with such concentrated power and immense wealth want to screw us all? They have nothing to gain.

Unless they know that this is the endgame, so to speak.

Between what we're doing to our planet, the melee in the Middle East, and the Mayan calendar (the least of my evidence), I don't think we have too much time left, in our current state. And I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Things just aren't looking too good.

People wanted to more or less say "I have a right to be mad!".

JSO, I need to correct you. The only black posters in this thread, as far as I know, are me and Ceci. The only response I made to your post was to let you know that there are lots of white people in Harlem. In fact, in reference to 'white guilt', I said that I don't think being angry at modern white people, or holding them accountable, for the "sins of the father" is an effective strategy in improving race relations.

I don't want this to be a 'thing,' I just needed to clarify that.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Ceci as I expected from your previous posts I have read and noted your; dare I say; personal attack on me. Yes, as a matter of fact the person who was promoted had a far lesser score then I but was a woman of color. Once again you have diverted from the question; so I will attempt to clarify and reask. Is it fair that the individual I was referring received no absolutely no disciplinary action while a white man who cursed in front of another woman was in fact disciplined and lost pay for 6 months; how is this fair treatment? What twisted mind can even begin to concieve that it is just?

I regret that from the tone of your posts in this thread you seem to be one of the most bigoted people I've run across in years. Perhaps I'm wrong but you appear to be the one slinging insults and indeed the racial slurs you claim you are against. If I have gotten the wrong impression I'm deeply sorry. PErhaps you don't mean to be insulting and are giving that impression due to extreme frustration.

So far, I've read no posts that condone racist behavior in fact, quite the opposite it seems to me that 100% of the posts have in fact condemned it. That in and of itself is the first step to combating it. When people in good faith agree that an action is wrong that action will be halted. Is this a quick thing no unfortunately it will take many more years before most of it is gone.

I'm sorry your parents had to pay a poll tax but once again that wasn't my doing. You also seem to be forgetting that many white people suffered during the Civil Rights movement some in fact died.

My comment on the capitalization stems from my observation that through common use when refering to blacks it is Black people but when refering to whites it is white people. When asked which race I am I respond quite simply Human.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally quoted by galloping horders

Ceci as I expected from your previous posts I have read and noted your; dare I say; personal attack on me.

What personal attack was this? I agreed that racists, sexists and bigots come in all colors. And I also don't believe in blaming whites for the "sins of the father". But the stigma continues to be passed down this thread. I do believe that people have to conscious of their history and of the past in order to make things better.

I just asked the question whether there had been any white men who had done anything similar?

But in the end, I agreed with you by saying it was racist and sexist act. How did I indicate any meanness about the issue? Would you point it out?

Yes, as a matter of fact the person who was promoted had a far lesser score then I but was a woman of color.

Well, you didn't say it. All you said that you didn't play the "race card". And I mentioned that White women are part of a protected class.

What, I repeat, is so derogatory as that? You're protected. You should be jumping for joy.

Once again you have diverted from the question; so I will attempt to clarify and reask. Is it fair that the individual I was referring received no absolutely no disciplinary action while a white man who cursed in front of another woman was in fact disciplined and lost pay for 6 months; how is this fair treatment? What twisted mind can even begin to concieve that it is just?

I don't have a "twisted mind". My answer is that both the white and black man should be disciplined. There's nothing just about one being punished over the other.

I'm afraid that you are jumping to conclusions too quickly.

I regret that from the tone of your posts in this thread you seem to be one of the most bigoted people I've run across in years.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I am a tough debator. I can be gentle when I want. But hard issues deserve hard language. And politeness, diplomacy and kindness does not work in this thread.

About the bigotry: You're wrong. I'm not donning a black sheet and burning crosses on the lawns of whites. I have too much of a conscience to do that.

Perhaps I'm wrong but you appear to be the one slinging insults and indeed the racial slurs you claim you are against. If I have gotten the wrong impression I'm deeply sorry. PErhaps you don't mean to be insulting and are giving that impression due to extreme frustration.

You are wrong because I post things for a reason. I am not just slinging racial insults and name-calling. I have been making long posts and especially putting up information to read about different issues regarding race-relations. There had been other people on this board who were also aggressive.. I guess the comment about the "troll" passed you by. But that's okay. I accept your apology. But I reserve judgment whether you are truly bigoted or not.

So far, I've read no posts that condone racist behavior in fact, quite the opposite it seems to me that 100% of the posts have in fact condemned it.

Well, that means I am also not bigoted by your reasoning. Thank you for saying so. My posts were also part of this thread.

That in and of itself is the first step to combating it. When people in good faith agree that an action is wrong that action will be halted. Is this a quick thing no unfortunately it will take many more years before most of it is gone.

Do you have any examples of this happening? People can talk about halting racism all they want. You can even put the more overt ones in jail. But the "subtle" ones keep on practicing it. And it's the good church-going folk who quietly dispair that they are going to be left out of the changing landscape of diversity. They are the ones that quietly use their racism as a way of blocking progress because they are not willing to take part of that change. Have you listened to the fundamentalists lately?

I'm sorry your parents had to pay a poll tax but once again that wasn't my doing. You also seem to be forgetting that many white people suffered during the Civil Rights movement some in fact died.

I haven't forgotten the Freedom Riders, my friend. And I have not forgotten the sacrifices of the three civil rights workers who were brutalized by the racists who killed them for trying to help with the Civil Rights movement. That happened, I believe in Mississippi. And then, there was Abbie Hoffman and other luminaries who helped out with civil rights.

In fact, in one of my previous posts in another thread, I wrote how the Jews helped Blacks during the civil rights era.

But I'm sorry that you were passed up by a woman of color. But that wasn't my doing either. And I shouldn't be made to feel guilty about it.

However, may I ask what were her test scores? I would also like to ask whether you lacked other qualifications other than a test score? Do you not know how to work with other people? Or are you this direct and aggressively mean to others in your office?

My comment on the capitalization stems from my observation that through common use when refering to blacks it is Black people but when refering to whites it is white people. When asked which race I am I respond quite simply Human.

So be it. Thank you very much for sharing that with me. But if you are only human, why are you advocating more for one set of humans above any others? It doesn't make sense.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
A few pages back, I divided the posters in this thread into three groups. One of those groups, I said, should not be involved in this particular conversation.

BH responded "They should not just leave as you have suggested. This is not a classroom or a closed discussion. "This first group" has every right to argue with the premise of the thread."

I think she's right. I thought about it, and "the first group" are just the people who need to be in this discussion. The other two groups shouldn't be standing around, patting each other on the backs. This is ATS slug-fest, the trenches. We shouldn't be scared to get dirty.

So, if anyone cares, I've changed my mind. Of course the first group has the right to argue. I'll just try to change their minds.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well, the thread is supposed to be egalitarian. And everyone should be able to be hear to broaden their mind. So, in a way, the first group ought to be here because they have a stake in the race-relations debate. They have their own particular brand of thinking. Therefore, they have to contribute for us to get a deeper picture of how to deal with the spectrum of relations between all of us.

So, that is very fair, HH.

In a similar request, I still make a shout out to other ATS members of color. I know you guys exist, so put in your two cents about this issue. It is sad that only HH and myself happen to be the only members of color in this thread.

Forget about the bickering that has happened in the past. Open your heart and mind and put your two cents in. Be brave and candid. We need a plethora of voices to broaden out this discussion. We need everybody!!!!!

P.S. I mentioned Pat Buchanan and several others mentioned Jesse Jackson. Feel free to bring up any other figurehead of any racial community to discuss. It is always so interesting to see whether their words reflect what you support or not. Let this part of the issue not be derailed any more!

I would especially love it if someone brought up Katherine Harris and of course, the interesting Peter King. They both have said and done some very interesting things about race.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Speaking about your poll question, HH, I think that there are high-ranking groups that are willingly invested in pitting people against each other. The reason why is because of money and power. By only thinking about their own personal greed, they use their biases to control control government, media and social policy. They do this by spreading stereotypes to the populace. These stereotypes are especially relevant when it comes to issues tearing the country apart.

As long as they keep on equating a certain segment of people to a specific social problem that is seen as a cancer upon the populace, it will fragment the cohesion forged by being one nation.

So in the short of it, we are being had. Rupert Murdoch is not the only one responsible for this, though. Other powerful financial and opinion leaders also are trying to divide everyone so that they can make money and laugh at the fighting at the same time.

However, I believe that due to their own racial animus, some groups get the brunt of their abuse more than others. And that is because the groups they are prejudiced against are considered more expendable than the ones they want to keep around. Why do you think that there are certain diseases affecting various groups? Why are some groups more susceptible than others in terms of a deadly disease?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join