It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus wasn't Christian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Actually I learned this years ago and I took to this belief quite fast. I am sure you will enjoy and like this.

I am not sure where to start but it is with the simplest truth. Jesus came here and taught God, Jesus did not teach Jesus. He didn't go around saying believe in me he said to believe in his father. Jesus did not teach Christianity at all. So I am going to listen to Jesus and spread the word of God, the one and true God. The one that said "You shall have no other Gods before me.

And thats the truth.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Select verses from John 14

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.

8 Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us."

9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father. How do you say,'Show us the Father?'

Jesus tells Philip straightforward that he is exactly like God. He is the same as God the Father, or in other words an exact replica. It may be more complicated than this if you want to get into the idea of the Trinity. This is a very deep concept beyond what we are probably able to comprehend but I think we can grasp the basic concept of this. We read in John 1 that Jesus was in the beginning with God and that all things were made by him. "In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." The Bible does seem to suggest that God the Father is above all in rank, but Jesus seems to be His equal. That is there's nothing that God can do that Jesus can't do.

Jesus' mission here seemed to be one that was to demonstrated God's love. You are correct in that thinking. Jesus never attempted to promote himself as great but showed how great God was. Still then there is a puzzle about worshiping only one true God. We do have several clues about how this works.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation." (Colossians 1:15)

dwelling in unapproachable light; whom no man has seen, nor is able to see (1 Timothy 6:16)

Unapproachable light. Remember how Moses wasn't allowed to see God's face. God said that no man could see him and live. But we can see Jesus. Jesus is God revealed to us. Could it be that Jesus is a manifestation of God in our physical Universe? Remember in John 1 how it says all things were made by Jesus? You could analyze this all day and still not know the complete story. What we do know is that Jesus is or is just like God.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
Jesus came here and taught God, Jesus did not teach Jesus. He didn't go around saying believe in me he said to believe in his father. Jesus did not teach Christianity at all. So I am going to listen to Jesus and spread the word of God, the one and true God. The one that said "You shall have no other Gods before me.

YES!

That is the truth. Too simple of a truth for many to understand, perhaps; nevertheless, this is what is written in the book and God has also undertaken to write upon my heart!

God bless and keep you, Zaimless!

[edit on 8/8/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Jesus was one cool cat. If he were alive today he wouldn't just turn water into wine, he'd turn grass into "grass".

And yeah, Jesus taught a way of life, he did not make a religion. He never said he was the son of God, only "It is you who say I am". I still think he was the son of God, mind you, that he is part of the trinity - but it's not that belief that's important, it's that I seek to live my life according to the values that Jesus taught. Care for each other. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Question the universe so that you come to a deeper understanding of it. These are beliefs not just held by He, but by many other belief systems.

Science without Religion is purposeless, Religion without Science is blind.

Go Einstein.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
dbates....

Great reply.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Exactly. This always makes ppl angry when i discuss this with them. Jesus didnt create religion,man created religion. Like someone stated before me,jesus taught a way life.Basic things that all ppl should practice and want. But man took a good thing,and used it fill their own agendas.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
My only beef with what you said is this:

, the one and true God. The one that said "You shall have no other Gods before me.

to your consideration i commend the following

Hypostasis of the Arcons,

[ because of his] power and his ignorance [and his arrogance]
he said..., " It is I who am God; there is none [other apart from
me]." When he said this he sinned against [the Entirety]. And
a voice came forth from above the realm of absolute power,
saying, " You are mistaken, Samael," which means " god of the blind"

On the Origin of the World
... he boasted continually, saying to (the angels)... I am God, no other
one exists except me." But When he said these things, he sinned
against all of the immortal ones... when Faithsaw the impiety of the chief ruler,
she was angry.... she said, "You err, Samael (blind god)." An enlightened,
immortal humanity exists before you.

Secret Book of John

in his madness ... he said, "I am God and there is no other God beside me,"
for he is ignorant of ... the place from which he had come.... And when he saw
the creation which surrounds him and the multitudes of angels around him
which had come forth from him, he said to them, " I am a jelous God, and there
is no other God beside me." But by announcing this he indicatedto the angels that
another God does exist; for if there were no other one, of whom would he be
jealous?

I was sent forth from the Power.
I am the honoured one and the scorned one.
I am the holy one and the whore.
I am the mother and the daughter.
I am called Sophia by the Greeks and Gnosis by the foreigners.
Iam the one whose image is great in Egypt,
and the one who has no image among the foreigners.

The Goddess, Perfect Consciousness

top topics

join