It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgellons Disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Colored fibers that glow under UV light growing from the human body. It sounds like something from the mind of Stephen King or perhaps the mind of someone whose grip on reality is deteriorating.

In fact, those who claim to suffer from this disease have been laughed at and sent for psychiatric evaluations. But, some of those who have this disorder or have family members with it are physicians and scientists who can document and research this strange illness.

Now, there is a website dedicated to Morgellons Disease and 4500 people have come forward claiming symptoms of the disease.

Mysterious Colored Fibers Are Growing on Their Skin Like Hair -- It's a Medical Mystery.

Brandi Koch of Clearwater Beach, Florida, says she feels like she's "living in a horror movie." She claims to have colored fibers coming out of her skin. Koch's life was good, until one day in the shower, she noticed something strange — tiny fibers running through her skin. "The fibers look like hair and they're different colors," Koch said.

Dr. Greg Smith of Gainesville, Georgia, has been a pediatrician for the past 28 years. He claims a fiber is coming out of his big toe and he has video footage to prove it. "It felt like somebody stuck a pin in my toe and wiggled it and it just continued to hurt," Smith said. He said he never thought he had bugs. "I've certainly had those crawling sensations, and the fibers which come out of the skin are really bizarre, and really odd."

Dr. Vincent DeLeo, chief of dermatology at New York's St. Lukes-Roosevelt Medical Center, weighed in on what he'd say to someone who came to him with this condition. "I don't think this is any different than many patients I've seen who have excoriations and believe that there is something in their skin causing this." DeLeo says the open lesions are a result of scratching the skin.

abcnews.go.com

This matter will be featured on Wednesday, August 9, 2006 on ABC's "Primetime."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2006/8/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This thing scares me to death. It is one of the most horrifying sicknesses I have ever heard of. I read about this a while back on ATS, then last week there was a headline in the local paper reading "Morgellens, disease or delusion.
Why would the medical field be in denial about this. I read that they are afraid to treat people with symptoms because of their own fear of catching it. People are becoming suicidal over this because of the lack of validation and no known relief of symptoms. I understand it is very similar to Lyme disease.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I believe that the majority of medical professionals deny that it exits because:

1.) It would be the 1st disease of this kind. Kinda scary thought.
2.) Insurance won't pay up if its not a recognized disease.
3.) Ignorance

Its really rediculous though. Some of the excuses that doctors are giving to ignore the facts right in front of them. They claim that the patients are "imagining" all of these sympoms. I say, the doctors are the ones that are delusional.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
www.marslife.com...
This is a web sites that allows you to visit many sites on morgellons and see photos and some clinical investigations.
I have a friend that believes he has the symptoms of morgellons. Since, I am not a professional but have seen some of his fibers inbedded on and through the skin
I have to feel and understand that something is causing this to be real.
It is becoming more and more in communities all across the US. It really started just after the first Gulf War in places that ships and military bases are located.
www.rense.com...
Former Oakland A's pitcher Billy Koch has it. And so does his wife and their three children. And though they can afford top medical care, doctors have no answers.

I don't really believe in chemtrails but it carries a story on cotton parasities
Welcome to the world of the Fiber Disease.

Source

Some know it as Morgellons, but it is NOT the classic Morgellons disease of another time and place. (That affliction is one so mistakenly addressed at other sites.)
The "fiber" parasite, besides being a simbiote and/or an opportunist in conjunction with microbiological pathogens, exhibits 3 or even 4 different stages of metamorphosis. One of the most active of these is in the form of a thin white or nearly clear micro fiber. I am not talking about the red, blue or black micro fibers, or the larger hair like fibers, but a long thin strand like fiber that looks exactly like a single strand of cotton fiber. The only difference is that this fiber is alive. When stimulated, It moves, twists and undulates in a manner that reminds one of a hooded cobra. Many times it needs no external stimulation at all. It lives both in the body of warm blooded and cold blooded animals, as well as being found in it's vector of choice, cotton.

If you have a 10 or 20 power jewelers loop, and are so inclined, I would like to ask my readers to examine a dozen or so swabs or Q-tips, or cosmetic cotton balls.

Concentrate on watching the filaments that are sticking out randomly from the rest of the wound cotton. Give each one a min. or two of examination. Let us know if you see anything that appears to be acting in a rather "uncommon" cotton fiber manner.

Next time you celan your ears think about this.

[Mod Edit: When quoting external sources please ensure you make use of the external quote tags [ex] [/ex] Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 15/9/06 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
That last link has me totally freaked out! Between suspecting long term lyme in myself, my dog just recently diagnosed with erlichiosis, and the whole cotton connection I am about to become OCD.

Forget Q-tips, not to get graphic, but if this cotton connection is real women really need to rethink their choice of internal monthly protection.

I am seriously thinking about getting a microscope to look at q-tips, just out of curiosity, but I'm just wondering if what they are describing can be attributed to static electricity or something.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It does looks like some type of parasite, weird. . . this is the first time I have seen this.

Very disturbing.

new topics

top topics

join