It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisps.....your opinions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I hope this subject is relevant to this forum, if not I apoligise in advance.
During the last five weeks I have frequently seen wisps. To clarify this definition these are threadlike black strands that occasionally unite to form intertwining clusters of variable density and size. These wisps appear indoors and within the immediate vicinity of the house outdoors. I have never seen these previously and began to appear to me after the untimely death of my father. No one else within the family has had any experience similar to this.
I do not consume alcohol, nor am I on medication and I do not (nor have ever) used recreational narcotics.
Your thoughts, experiences ,theories and opinions are welcome. I would like to have some insight to this phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That sure is interesting,

I would suggest you start keepingh a log of when and where you are seeing them,

Have you thought about looking in the areas that you see these? maybe theres soemthing left there,

?Has this only started since the death?

Has anyone else in your household noticed them?

Do you get any feelings from them when you see them ie fear, calmness ect,

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
sorry for your loss. I miss my father too.

well , it sounds to me

like someone/something is making

contact ! now who and what is the

message remains to be known.

toasted

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I need more clarification. Are these things flying around and concious, or just random things laying on the ground?

I find random thread and lint kind of things laying around all the time, but I don't think anything paranormal of it.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
That sure is interesting,

I would suggest you start keepingh a log of when and where you are seeing them,

[edit on 15/8/2006 by anglosaxon]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
I need more clarification. Are these things flying around and concious, or just random things laying on the ground?

I find random thread and lint kind of things laying around all the time, but I don't think anything paranormal of it.

To clarify what I am witnessing has some similarities to airborne dandelion seeds but are black gossamer like wispy threads of a static density that float calmly and interact randomly like a pageant of ethereal consciousness. Some seem to dance but not in a formation while others appear rogue and drift closely.
This is not like anything I have ever seen before and I find it coincidental that this phenomena began not around the immediate death of my father but commenced after his cremation.

HS

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
My opinion on the wisps u are seeing, noit the ones I have seen.

The threads are living peoples individual memories of your dad. The rogue bunches are

memories of the same situation from more than one person and don't appear as calm as the

standalone memories because they differ. I have seen hundreds of variations of these black

threads which are a series of black particles that line up in the time frame of neurons firing as

the memory is imbedded. The fact that they appear around your place shows a deep love for the

memory of your dad. I have seen them everywhere. They can also form a smoke like

consistency which flows from mirrors. The reflection of the living mind is indeed a powerful tool.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What an enlightening synopsis, HS. Currently, (3 days) 'wisp' (memories) activity has ceased. In my original post I unintentionally omitted the fact that from the day after my father died my wife lit a candle at 22.10, the time of his death, and continued to do so each night. This candle now awaits a replacement and coincidentally, these visitations have not manifested for - you guessed it! ...3 DAYS!
I am aware that burning a candle creates some sort of channel and at this moment I'm open minded to any connection between what I see and why am I seeing these.
If interest continues on this post I will report any further information for anyone who may gain some benefit from this experience. Generally, I'm a logical, level headed, guy with a healthy sceptical mind on many things claimed to be paranormal, maybe this experience marks a turning point which only time will tell.

new topics

top topics

join