It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show me your evidences of the presence of aliens on Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Akraites
A lot of countries are pretty open when it comes to UFO's.

Then why aren't those countries' evidences talked about?

Can you point me to some official (or almost official) sites?

They are, just not in America. Canada and Mexico come to mind.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
It looks like you robbed all my quotes(not word for word) from a thread i posted
a couple of days ago!

I never had the intention of robbing (strong word) your quotes or anyone else's quotes.

If you are talking about this thread, I didn't read it beyond your first post, because you said:

we have not one shred of proof/evidence at all, not one single tiny bit of footage that makes us go THATS IT! THERE HERE!

You see, I have a slightly different opinion, I know that there have been many cases of sightings of UFOs (I know two cases, one in my family), I just want to separate the "wheat from the chaff", the real, credible sources, from the dubious ones.

If you think that I started this thread just to "harvest points" (I saw that you say that in that thread) tell me then why do I need those points, I just do not have any use to ones I have, and since I joined ATS 2 years ago I only used them to put an avatar and to have access to RATS.

If you think that you are being victim of a "thread hijacking", then I suggest you talk to the mods, using the "complain" button on top of the page, if the mods decide to close or "kill" my thread it will be their decision.

If the other members decide to ignore this thread and use your thread is their decision.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I agree to an extent there is no complete proof. But you seem to complete close off any ability to have an open non biased approach. You are simply doing the same thing that full believers do. You are stating there is no way we are not being visited there are no other life forms and you are completely stern in your approach that there is nothing and never will be. I fully believe in being sceptical however discounting everything in completion is not sceptic. It is simply denouncing the idea in its entirety. I admit that it is possible that everything we see in the sky could very well be government( god forbid they have that technology) I also believe there is a possibility that we very well could be being visited by ET life.

Your original post however leads to the idea that you believe that there is no other life at all in the universe. That to me is an archaic idea that bases back to the foundations of religion and the arrogant idea that we are the center of the universe and we above all are special. You should look into the drake equation. As you know the planets do not revolve around the earth and we are only a particle of dust on the edge of a galaxy among trillions of galaxy's. To think think we are the only life form is laughable. Now i do not know if ET 's are visiting our planet or not. My arguments are completely different than your however. I believe we are insects on the scale of universal intelligence and what possible benefit would an advanced civilization gain by visiting a planet of talking monkeys hell bent on killing them selves off. I definitely do not think we are the only life forms and i don't think we are special. The true question is distance and ways to over come distances. That is the problem does any other life form in the universe have the ability to circumvent massive distances. And if they do what possible reason would they want to see us. If we are being visited it is simply a vacation spot to observe a severely limited life form. Do you really believe there is no other life any where in the universe but are own?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by leapofdreams
I agree to an extent there is no complete proof. But you seem to complete close off any ability to have an open non biased approach. You are simply doing the same thing that full believers do. You are stating there is no way we are not being visited there are no other life forms and you are completely stern in your approach that there is nothing and never will be. I fully believe in being sceptical however discounting everything in completion is not sceptic. It is simply denouncing the idea in its entirety. I admit that it is possible that everything we see in the sky could very well be government( god forbid they have that technology) I also believe there is a possibility that we very well could be being visited by ET life.

Your original post however leads to the idea that you believe that there is no other life at all in the universe. That to me is an archaic idea that bases back to the foundations of religion and the arrogant idea that we are the center of the universe and we above all are special. You should look into the drake equation. As you know the planets do not revolve around the earth and we are only a particle of dust on the edge of a galaxy among trillions of galaxy's. To think think we are the only life form is laughable. Now i do not know if ET 's are visiting our planet or not. My arguments are completely different than your however. I believe we are insects on the scale of universal intelligence and what possible benefit would an advanced civilization gain by visiting a planet of talking monkeys hell bent on killing them selves off. I definitely do not think we are the only life forms and i don't think we are special. The true question is distance and ways to over come distances. That is the problem does any other life form in the universe have the ability to circumvent massive distances. And if they do what possible reason would they want to see us. If we are being visited it is simply a vacation spot to observe a severely limited life form. Do you really believe there is no other life any where in the universe but are own?

Was that aimed at me? If so all you have to do is read my posts and you will
CLEARLY see that at no time did i say that aliens have never been here or indeed exist in the universe. Get your facts right before you slag me off.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It looks like you robbed all my quotes(not word for word) from a thread i posted
a couple of days ago!

I never had the intention of robbing (strong word) your quotes or anyone else's quotes.

If you are talking about this thread, I didn't read it beyond your first post, because you said:

we have not one shred of proof/evidence at all, not one single tiny bit of footage that makes us go THATS IT! THERE HERE!

You see, I have a slightly different opinion, I know that there have been many cases of sightings of UFOs (I know two cases, one in my family), I just want to separate the "wheat from the chaff", the real, credible sources, from the dubious ones.

If you think that I started this thread just to "harvest points" (I saw that you say that in that thread) tell me then why do I need those points, I just do not have any use to ones I have, and since I joined ATS 2 years ago I only used them to put an avatar and to have access to RATS.

If you think that you are being victim of a "thread hijacking", then I suggest you talk to the mods, using the "complain" button on top of the page, if the mods decide to close or "kill" my thread it will be their decision.

If the other members decide to ignore this thread and use your thread is their decision.

WOAH! Steady there cowboy. You can't deny that it was a very similar thread
the things you stated i agree with, its just they were put into different words but they
basically meant the same.
Im certainly not gonna complain to the mods because lifes to short.
Judging from your rebuke i obviously hit a nerve.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
As you can see in my post i was asking a question. I am not sure what slagging you off even is. I thought i wrote that in a manner not to be degratory toward any one. I am completely in the middle ground. I do not believe or disbelieve i am just in a state of waiting. All i can say is relax No need to get hostile i am not on Ats to discount peoples opinion or ideas. I re read my post i don't know what it was that set you off so much?

Oh by the way it wasent aimed at you. I was asking Armap

[edit on 9-8-2006 by leapofdreams]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
[edit on 9-8-2006 by leapofdreams]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FibroKat
In the late fifties to early sixties, while flying an Air Force plane in the US, he was notified by the radar operator of a "bogey" coming up on his left wing-tip. As the bogey got closer, they watched out of the left side of the plane to see what was coming up on them. What they saw was a saucer-shaped object, metallic, with viewing ports (or windows) that were clear enough for him to see the occupants inside. He noticed that they weren't human occupants, and that the clothing they wore were "uniform-like" in appearance, but had nothing that could be described as insignia or rank on them. The outfits were not the silvery-metallic spacesuits usually described in science fiction movies. From his vantage-point, the creatures in the craft were 4-5 foot tall with a "lightish" skin tone, and no distinquishing marks (he didn't say exactly what color the skin was). The craft stayed even with the plane for several minutes before taking off at a high rate of speed and disappearing in a matter of seconds.

I don't get it. If they were obviously not human, what did he mean when he said they wore "outfits?" Did they have tentacles? And what are "distinguishing marks?" Alien tattoos? Sounds to me like he was drinking a little too much Aqua-Velva. And unless there is additional information available, his report just gets added to the pile. It doesn't prove anything about anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't even now whyyour are freakin out, it was aimed at ArMaP.

Please accept my apoligies. I just thought you were saying i dont believe in the
ufo mystery,

sorry.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

a couple of days ago!

If you didnt read it beyond my first post, how did you know i was moanin about
people harvesting points which was on the 4th page?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
no worries I was not trying to piss anyone off I hope armap does not find my post as aggressively written as you did. What part got to you? I tried to make it as balanced as possible.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

WOAH! Steady there cowboy. You can't deny that it was a very similar thread
the things you stated i agree with, its just they were put into different words but they
basically meant the same.
Im certainly not gonna complain to the mods because lifes to short.
Judging from your rebuke i obviously hit a nerve.

I don't like being called a "robber" and a "points harvester", just that, but I also understand that two or more threads with the same subject only spread confusion.

That is why I said you could complain, also I do not have the authority to close the thread.

Maybe my answer looked angrier than I was, I have some difficulty expressing my thoughts in English, a language that I only learned by reading and listening to it. When what I try to say is more complex I do not know how to make the sentences, and the result may be different from what I wanted, and apparently that was the case.

If I were angry I wouldn't have posted a link to your thread twice.

Edit: I read your first post when you started the thread. After you post accusing me of taking your quotes I went to that thread to see if you had make any comment in that thread about it, and you had.

I did not read any of the other posts on the thread.

[edit on 9/8/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

But you seem to complete close off any ability to have an open non biased approach. You are simply doing the same thing that full believers do. You are stating there is no way we are not being visited there are no other life forms and you are completely stern in your approach that there is nothing and never will be.

I do not remember saying nothing like that, if I said it, it was another case of trying to say something and write another.
Could you please point me where did I said that?

Your original post however leads to the idea that you believe that there is no other life at all in the universe.

Again, I have no idea where I may have said that, that is not my opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Armap i was asking the question. I had interpreted your original post in that way and was wondering if i had incorrectly interpreted your original post. But now that you have clarified that you are not discounting the probability of life. I have no other concerns. Just remember to be open for both possibilities.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Armap i was asking the question. I had interpreted your original post in that way and was wondering if i had incorrectly interpreted your original post. But now that you have clarified that you are not discounting the probability of life. I have no other concerns. Just remember to be open for both possibilities.

OK.

And I am open to all possibilities, not just two.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
By ArMAP

What I would like to know is if there are more people like Gordon Cooper that can be considered "real" witnesses.

Hi ArMAP

Yes I can Be considerd a "Real" First hand Witness as I have seen 2 "Real" Craft last year, Exhibiting Unrealistic Manouvers Clear as Day. Shocking/Awe inspiring stuff it has to be said.

now then, for the proof....There is none What so Ever, I could Give you all the Jucey details about it but For all you know I could Be Making the Whole thing up, so what is the point of that? first hand witnesses are Usless regardless if there Credible people.

I never got chance to take A Photo or Video, and So what if I did. to you They could be Fake.

The only time I may show you a video or photo is if I Don't know what the Object is and require other peoples input.

The only Proof you will EVER GET is to see it for yourself wich is the ONLY way you will know for shure,

Its a very very small chance you will, I hope you do someday, and when that day arrives, it will be your day to embrace But nobody will ever truley Belive you.

Proof is in the eyes of the Beholder and nobody elses no matter how good the Video/picture/Statement evedence is.

that is the top and bottom of it, its sad but true ...

Keep looking up my friend

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
now then, for the proof....There is none What so Ever, I could Give you all the Jucey details about it but For all you know I could Be Making the Whole thing up, so what is the point of that? first hand witnesses are Usless regardless if there Credible people.

For all I know, the most credible people could be lying, they may be credible but that does not mean they are incapable of lying.

You may be saying all this just to pass time.

For all I know you may even be just a computer program simulating user input.

If I am looking for something experienced by other people I must take the word of those people and make a first analysis of what they say to have a first idea about the veracity of what they are saying.

But I (or anyone else) do not have any means of knowing for sure what is true and what is false, I must approach this knowing that I may, in the end, have even less credible sources than the ones I started with.

But that is a risk that I must take if I want to receive some information. Statistically, not all people lie when they talk about something, so some of the information I may get could be real.

How do I know the real from the false information? I do not know, it must by considered as a group of information, the individual informations cannot be taken individually, they must be used only as making a whole piece of information in the same way that a society is made of different people, some good, some bad.

Will I ever reach any conclusion?

Maybe, maybe not, but even if I do not reach any conclusion about this subject at least now I know how people react when asked this kind of questions and what they say, and that is more than what I knew when I started this thread.

The only Proof you will EVER GET is to see it for yourself wich is the ONLY way you will know for shure,

Its a very very small chance you will, I hope you do someday, and when that day arrives, it will be your day to embrace But nobody will ever truley Belive you.

People will believe (or not) only if I tell them, I am not thinking about what other people will think about it, I am doing this just for myself (yes, I am a little too selfish).

Keep looking up my friend

Thanks.

PS: good musical taste.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Take a look at this recently-filmed video: www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I have to agree with the original thread starter. I am tired of he said, she said. Crappy grainy photos from some lost archive. We are living in the day of cell phone cameras, digital cameras, quality film cameras and instant transfer of all likes of media. If we did have folks really seeing what we believe to be aliens and the likes it would be all over the nightly news. As much as I hate main stream media they would jump all over this story because it would sell.

I believe our contact with alien life will be more as depicted in the movie Contact. Furthermore, I do believe there is other life in our solar system but it is not developed to the level that earth life. The moons of Saturn and Jupiter are prime spots for such life to be found. Mars too may harbor some life at the poles in areas that can support liquid water. It just makes sense.

The universe is so vast the odds are in favor of another planet like ours that has life as we know it.

I do think that Albert was right and nothing can go faster than the speed of light and that such travel as depicted in SciFi movies like Star Trek and Star Wars is just not possible. It wil have to consist of the warping of the space which will alter the timeline. Something never depicted in movies. Time is never altered in normal warp travel. This is once again supported by current science and supports Albert.

It is important that the quest for life continue but it should be kept in realistic and plausible mindset.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The US government? And all the other countries? The sightings of UFOs are not an exclusive of the US.

Does that mean that all governments from all countries are hiding these evidences?

Exactly. Maybe, just maybe we are holding the truth but what stops other countries, even 3rd world countries? Why should aliens only visit us unless they back us some how?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join