It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel will pay for 17,000 temporary relocations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Israel says it is going to pay for 17,000 people in northern Israel to temporarily relocate. A paid "vacation" of sorts. I found this pretty odd. I wonder if the're getting ready for something big. Of course I hope not. Anyone ever heard of a country doing this before in the midst of a war?

haaretz.com...

source

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I wonder why they would want to move them now? I mean Hezbo has been launching socres of missles for days so what else could they do?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I bet the US taxpayers get hit for the tab as well

I did hear that Olmert was to appear on several US tv channels to make an appeal to American Jewish communities to raise $300M USD for damage repair. So, groups or individuals make tax deductible charitable donations and the other tax paying suckers get to make up the shortfall. Hoorah! Large drinks all round at the Synagogue social evening

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yes. From what I've heard, Israel is supported almost totally by largely unsuspecting taxpayers and consumers, world-wide, courtesy of governments and businesses almost completely dominated by jewish politicians, lobbyists and guilt-trip groups.

But .... let's face it: western governments use israel to do their dirty-work. Israel and world governments have a nice little business arrangement.

Now, if only third world peoples would understand that it's ultimately in their best interests to have small families, perhaps we could still avoid what's coming. Problem is, it's only after third worlders have migrated and are into their third generation in their new country, that they feel secure enough to limit the number of children they have. But we're out of time .... now (yesterday, actually). So the big-gun nations are using israel to foment the catastrophe they believe we 'need' in order world-reorganisation proper can commence. After which, only idiots would be callous enough to bring a child to what will be left of this place.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Now for the actual truth.

The war with lebanon affects 1 million Israelis who either left the north or live in bomb shelters. Those too poor to leave live in public bomb shelters who are in really shoddy conditions (remember they have to go to the bathroom and shower there too).

The government is offering those without the resources to relocate them to 2rd and 3rd rate hotels across Israel's center and south.

The world is exposed to the tragedies of Lebanon not to those in Israel. So here is a little glimpse into the hardships of Israelis in the north.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I bet the US taxpayers get hit for the tab as well

I was just wondering the same specially whenever I have to budget every month to support my daughter in college.

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
Now for the actual truth.

The war with lebanon affects 1 million Israelis who either left the north or live in bomb shelters. Those too poor to leave live in public bomb shelters who are in really shoddy conditions (remember they have to go to the bathroom and shower there too).

Yes poor souls. . .

Now the truth,

Who cares of the death in Lebanon of the destruction of their nation, who cares of the people that can not go anywhere else but into the sea.

Yes I will gladly give my tax money to help and feed this people in lebanon than to help Israel finance more wars.

Yes who cares. . .

new topics

top topics

join