It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How high-tech is Hezbollah?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by Daystar
I trust then, that you shall remember this in future, when you spout off your opinions and ill-informed views as fact?

Huh… Do you even know what we’re talking about? Do you even care, or is there a chip I don’t know about?

Errrrrr..... in repsonce to your first question, yes I do, and in responce to your second, I think that chip is yours, judging by the overly aggressive tone

Tell me West, how much boiling spite can one person have?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
...judging by the overly aggressive tone

Oh that’s rich, I wasn't the one who said "when you spout off your opinions and ill-informed views". I think I’ve entertained this long enough, later.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ahhhh.... a resignation.

And thank you for said entertainment by the way... its most amusing to see them boil...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I doubt they are all authentic M-16’s, most are probably just fakes which are locally produced by individuals in the ME, especially in Pakistan. They look like the real thing but they aren’t.

They are real. You can also get M4 and M16 clone guns from Iran, Pakistan and China.

They are all over the place in South Asia and can be purchased for less then half the American price and are internally identicle to the real M16 and M4 the only difference is they are not licenced copies so they can't be sold in America but they are 100% authentic minus the license issues.

Here are the Chinese versions :
www.sinodefence.com...

In this link there are the Iranian versions they are right down the list of Images use the search function in your browser and type "m-16" :
Iranian m16 and m4

And i don't have pictures of the Pakistani version but i have seen one with my own eyes in Pakistan when i went there and i know they can be purchased by individuals for personal use and even in quantities of thousands if you want them at a very low cost to equip an army.

Also i must add that some M16/M4 guns that Hezbollah have are actually real versions which are licensed they purchase them from weapons smugglers in Israel who steal them from the Israeli miliatry bases. So Hezbollah actually use Israeli IDF M-16 assault rifles also.

And by the way Pakistan is not in the middle east but in South Asia next to Indian, Kashmir and China.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by iqonx]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Nope, clone = Not the real thing.

Like I said they look the same but I doubt all the metals and manufacturing techniques/checks/tools are the same. Some guy making an M-16 in his shop is not going to build it the same way that its built in a US factory. Trust me I’ve seen how they are built in Pakistan and how they are built in the US. Worlds apart, they are just cheap copies which are not up to par with the real thing.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Westpoint

M16 is more of a status symbol amongst guerillas in the middle east, those who go down to fight use either G3s, FALs or AKs (or clones), at least thats what an ex Bn-commander of the UNIFIL said....

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well...it doesn't really mean that much if the M-16's are clones or not, fact is they are not just using Ak's. Although, I believe Hezbollah is using other rockets besides from the Katyusha.

Finally...from what I can get from official figures, Israel wasn't really that harmful to Hezbollah, who in spite of being outnumbered and with no air support whatsoever, managed to put a good fight against the IDF.

At least...a much harsher fight than what the Iraqi Republican Guard managed to do. And finally, about their equipment and capabilities...

According to Haaretz newspaper, “the IDF is not fighting a small guerrilla organization. It is dealing with a trained, skilled, well-organized, highly motivated infantry that is equipped with the cream of the crop of modern weaponry from the arsenals of Syria, Iran, Russia and China, and which is very familiar with the territory on which it is fighting.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
...some M16/M4 guns that Hezbollah have are actually real versions which are licensed they purchase them from weapons smugglers in Israel who steal them from the Israeli miliatry bases. So Hezbollah actually use Israeli IDF M-16 assault rifles also.

You may find this interesting regarding the sale of genuine M16s and millions of rounds to a declared 'terrorist organisation'
Israel sells arms to Palestinian Fatah organisation

"...About 1,000 M-16 rifles and large amounts of ammunition were transferred last week from Jordan to Abbas's security forces, a move that Israel authorized to help Abbas and his Fatah party in their confrontation with Hamas.
Prime Minister Ehud Olmert announced the decision last week in London, causing senior PA officials in Ramallah to express outrage with Israel for going public on the issue..."

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Israel does that all the time and so does America and other countries. They will arm people against other people in a country to support people that they want in power. Good post timski.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This proves nothin more that Israel wanting to put effort into a peace solution under which the palestinians take responsibilty for their own people. If this means that Israel has to authorise the sale of weapons to an authority which claims to condemn the terrorists then they are right. If Hamas truely wanted to promote peace they would clamp down on these terrorists and use these weapons correctly rather than selling then to other terrorists.

Jensy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join