It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fundamentalism is growing within Church of England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I came across this site afew days ago, and its very interesting. It covers some interesting points and i truely recommend everyone (who is religious or has an interest) should read this site. It is regarding the growing fundamentalism in the Church of England (Church and State are one in the UK. The main figures of the Church of England are in our House of Lord (second chamber of our government)) and the decline of the liberal Church. It also mentions the growing fundamentalism in the rest of the world.

www.vexen.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think it could be a symptom of a greater problem: the weakening of doctrine and old rules. In otherwords, the C of E has become overly accepting and passive regarding its beliefs and congregations, and people, being the creatures they are, who have need of religon to guide their lives, will naturally gravitate towards those religous sects that are more "solid" and unwavering in their beliefs.

Alot of Christians are becoming disillusioned with constantly changing and over- acceptance of various churches regarding alot of moral issues. They become confused on just where they are supposed to stand.

Its not just Chriatians anymore. the world is chaotic and frightening to many, and people of all faiths are embracing the more fundimental, unbending factions of their faiths because they provide unwavering, non-neogtiable rules and reasoning for everything. In otherwords, fundimentalists are seen to stand solidly in doctrine, something people seek.

Its a symptom of the chaos and uncertainty of this ever-increasingly scary world.

new topics

join