It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Presidents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
how long did it take you to get to the 32nd degree?

Is there a ritual for each degree between the 3rd and 33rd, or do you skip certain degrees that belong to a different order, or go through the orders?

Also, do politics come into it in the later degrees?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hey I don't care what masonry is now (likely watered down anyways), the fact of the matter is there are those wacky rituals that frankly make a catholic mass look well very Christian in comparison.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Why in the first place would someone want to become a ''mason'''

What is so special about their position???
Is it some unknown power that they think will get when they reach the top???
helen..

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
too many reasons.

The only power derived from it (that i see); is simply having good contacts.

For example, You get into a car crash, you gotta find a lawyer. this is tough, 90% of lawyers will bleed you dry, they are worst then criminals. but being a mason, your lodge master will find you a lawyer (a mason) who you can be sure will do his most to defend you. this recently happened to a freind.

Another example applicable to where i live, alot of police officers here are masons, and i mean alot. especially the higher ranking ones. and their duty is to their masonic brothers before their duty to the law.

having said that, most masons have a very high moral code, and would not really have a need for these priviledges

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
too many reasons.

The only power derived from it (that i see); is simply having good contacts.

For example, You get into a car crash, you gotta find a lawyer. this is tough, 90% of lawyers will bleed you dry, they are worst then criminals. but being a mason, your lodge master will find you a lawyer (a mason) who you can be sure will do his most to defend you. this recently happened to a freind.

Another example applicable to where i live, alot of police officers here are masons, and i mean alot. especially the higher ranking ones. and their duty is to their masonic brothers before their duty to the law.

having said that, most masons have a very high moral code, and would not really have a need for these priviledges

Hi Ashlar....

Is that then a good thing?
To Be a mason because they have high standard morals???

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well... yes.

Look at the morals of the clergy of the christian churches... what a poor example the set for their stupid sheep

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
i think i misread your question.

I personally am not a mason, but rather i am a student and a collector of masonic items, antique and new.

I think that i could go become a mason anytime i want, and the same applies to anyone else, in my area anyways. as long as you arent a murderer or rapist or psycho, there is no elegibilty criteria

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
helen i just noticed you live in australia.

I live in sydney, so all the stuff i said about Lawyers, police, membership, would also be applicable australia wide.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   

helen i just noticed you live in australia.

I live in sydney, so all the stuff i said about Lawyers, police, membership, would also be applicable australia wide.

So are you in Somalia???
Or is that 'CYBER' talk?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
No i dont know why i put that, i never been there and i dont plan to

i live near parramatta

its something i do on all forums, i put a unlikely country, thats my signature.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   

how long did it take you to get to the 32nd degree?

A Friday evening and the next Saturday. Although some Valleys take longer, which I will explain.

Is there a ritual for each degree between the 3rd and 33rd, or do you skip certain degrees that belong to a different order, or go through the orders?

There are rituals for each degree but only five need to be presented to receive your 32�. Others are gone over extensively in classroom. In Valleys that have more time and members each degree is presented fully, thus it can take weeks to receive the 32�.

Also, do politics come into it in the later degrees?

No, politics and religion are a personal matters left up to the individual.

Nothing I have said here is a secret and can be found in public writings about Masonry.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You collect? I have several pieces...

My favorite one dates back to the 15th Century.
A venetian temple statue. Has the all seeing eye.
Several Devils climbing up the pedastel and some sorta strange inscription. Its wood but plated in Gold...

I think it comes from the Black Hand Society. Top of the Pyramid antique..thats for sure. Very very rare.
Yours for $13k?

I will upload a picture. Very unique!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
wow it does sound nice,
certainly outdates anything i have.

i would love 2 see it, but i am not in a position to buy.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   

i think i misread your question.

I personally am not a mason, but rather i am a student and a collector of masonic items, antique and new.

I think that i could go become a mason anytime i want, and the same applies to anyone else, in my area anyways. as long as you arent a murderer or rapist or psycho, there is no elegibilty criteria

Quote// as long as you arent a murderer or rapist or psycho, there is no elegibilty criteria

So Ashlar.......what your saying is that once you become a ''Mason'' then all of the above is ok to do???
But only once you become a Mason???
Is that right?

helen...

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
helen, im not sure how you got that impression...

but to give you an idea of who masons are, (in australia)
mainly is police officers, older men (pensioners), people involved in local,state, national politics; (our current governor general and prime minister are freemasons) and many others, but in terms of psychos, killers and rapists, i dont know any.

kingsolomon: was jack the ripper a mason in your opinion? some say yes some no

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Helen670,

it seems obvious from the posts in this thread that masonry today is not what it was.

when a person can become 32 degree in a short amount of time then I know they deliberately gutted this organization for public consumption.

what I know is that the original purpose for which masonry was founded has been realized and thus no real need for it anymore.

makes one wonder where the rituals moved to in the meantime?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

what I know is that the original purpose for which masonry was founded has been realized and thus no real need for it anymore.

interesting point

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: THENEO
I find it hard to believe that no presidents after Ford were masons?

Was JFK involved in secret societies?

The kennedies are rumoured by some to be one of the 13 satanic bloodlines.

Therefore they would not even need to be masons.

Ever notice how some people are appointed as 33rd degree masons without having stepped inside a temple?

What is that about?

JFK was a member of the Knights Of Columbus and a member of the 4th Degree.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EPLURIBUSUNUM
KingSolomon. Admit your lies as you are not a Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret(32 Degree).

If you are and possess the hidden mystery then I doubt you could last one minute on this website without accepting the wrath.

You are a liar...expose yourself .

You are obviously not a Mason nor do you know anything about Masonry.
I have read this. You conspiracy whack jobs look at a numerical value of the degree and assume it is the highest. In actually the highest degree in Masonry has always been the 3rd degree. The scottish rite and york rite are nothing but education and history. Infact the Grand lodge which you do not have to be a 32nd,33rd or a member of the York rite to be apart of. Just a Past master of a Blue Lodge Governs the Scottish Rite, York Rite, Shrine, Grotto, Tall Cedars and anything else that is masonially affiliated and can shut them down at his pleasure. So the moment you all start screaming Albert Pike Morals and Dogma and 32nd and 33rd degree, and those "higher degrees" us real masons laugh. You can call me a liar or anything else, but the truth is there and you still try to search for things that are not there.

It takes months before you can even get your 1st degree took me 6 months as a matter of fact. Then another 3 months to get my 3rd degree. It only takes a petition $250 dollars and 2 signers to become a 32nd degree in a weekend. Same with York Rite. Shrine costs me$ 350 but that got me my Fez and my iniation, and guess what it only took a weekend. You guys that are not members telling us what really goes on is kinda funny. How is it that you all know everything about our order and never went through the degrees sat in a lecture or even participated and yet us members according to you all don't know squat.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

I don't know about that, however it's rather humorous because the catholic church has many sub cults below it such as the Jesuits/KKK/Masons to name a only a few. All denying one another. It's like an oxymoron thing, they create them then deny them at the same time. I've also heard there are more than 33 degrees within Masonry. I wonder what deep dark secrets they're hiding there
Not to mention Black Dianetics created by ron hubbard who is consequently also involved in Masonry. I think Arnold Swartzenegger goes to that church like over half of Hollywood do "forgive me i've forgotten the name of it" too early in the morning i guess.

Why would the catholic Church be affiliated qith the KKK when they burned down Catholic Churches for hwlping run away slaves? And the Pope himself said that a Catholic could not be a freemason or he is in grave sin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join