It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien message 'may be in our DNA'!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Are we going about it the wrong way? SETI has spent years trying to get the elusive 'alien message' through the electro magnetic spectrum. But the search has been futile so far. The message could be nearer home.

It may be wrong to assume that extraterrestrials who may be hundreds of millions of years ahead of us technologically will have chosen to communicate by radio.

Forget waiting for ET to call -- the most likely place to find an alien message is in our DNA, according to an expert in Australia.

Professor Paul Davies, from the Australian Centre for Astrobiology at Macquarie University in Sydney, believes a cosmic greeting card could have been left in every human cell.

The coded message would only be discovered once the human race had the technology to read and understand it.
www.mg.co.za.../breaking_news/breaking_news__international_news&articleid=134442

As one scientist said, the truth may be out there somewhere. Or it could be a lot closer to home!

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I heard that our DNA is waiting to be activated, that we actauly got a 12 strand DNA (godlike) which will be unlocked when we are ready, also there will be born a few children with the 4 strand, 5 and 6 to help us in 2012 because that's when it's suppose to being! :O

And it's proof that we have DNA not in use, scientists call it "junk DNA". And it's a FACT:

About 98.5% of the human genome has been designated as "junk"

en.wikipedia.org...
www.psrast.org...

[edit on 8-8-2006 by InSaneTK]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
and only a couple of weeks ago, 2 scientists believe to have found a second code in our DNA, next to the genetic code! From the NY Times article "Scientists Say They’ve Found a Code Beyond Genetics in DNA":

The discovery, if confirmed, could open new insights into the higher order control of the genes, like the critical but still mysterious process by which each type of human cell is allowed to activate the genes it needs but cannot access the genes used by other types of cell.

In the genetic code, sets of three DNA units specify various kinds of amino acid, the units of proteins. A curious feature of the code is that it is redundant, meaning that a given amino acid can be defined by any of several different triplets. Biologists have long speculated that the redundancy may have been designed so as to coexist with some other kind of code, and this, Dr. Segal said, could be the nucleosome code.

Who knows what other patterns/codes they might find...

mrJ

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Um, wasn't this idea used as a plot in an episode Star Trek years ago?

Hang on... yes... here we go:

www.startrek.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Star Trek is science fiction.

But, then again so was all science fact, prior to it being fact.

Seems to me a lot of real world technology and concepts were in existance in the world of science fiction, before people pattened the ideas.

Cell phones, moon travel, space travel, ion propulsion, ....

even the inventors of the nuclear bomb had their "Eureka" idea of a chain reaction after reading a book written nearly 30 years prior by Wells, or Vern. I am having a brain fart, and can't remember which. But, at any rate the Manhatten Project pulled ideas from a science fiction book. The same book also predicted it would only take a fist size amount of material to do it.

As for the DNA theory. I am intrigued by the idea.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
But what of Animal DNA? How does it compare with our own? Don't we have something like 90% similar DNA to all living things on the planet? Wouldn't anything encoded in our DNA (or at least the 98% junk) also be encoded into every other animal on the planet?

Other than that, the possability of decoding our DNA is very interesting. I can't wait until both Evolution and ID theory turn out to be true. If there is a code in that 5% difference I really want to know what it says.

Good work, you have mastered Genetics, please continue to Atrophiphisics

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Incidently, this does parrallel my personal beliefs.

I truly believe who we are may not ever surface in most people due to the cellular genetic code and instinct of "Self Preservation".

Self = ME
Pre = Before
Serve = To SERVE / Aid

Perhaps a universal government's judgement? A prison without walls?

Perhaps nature's evolution?

Let me ask an honest question:

Do we know who we are if at the very core of us we are "Self Before I Serve", which is what our cells are telling the macro-organism we are?

Or is there truth beyond putting ourselves before all else?

[edit on 8-8-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
What puzzles my mind is not what´s in the DNA but rather why DNA? If our bodies are designed by aliens and placed here as carriers for our souls it kinda explains a lot. DNA i assume would then simply be the bulilding blueprint just like we design most of our stuff and then build it from a set of drawings.

InSaneTK, interesting, especially as the same theory regarding us beeing "designed" also says something about a "new improved model" of a soulcarrier (human body) is due, maybe 2012? Results viewable by 2013 as the babies grow up? Man that really makes me feel old and outdated.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomra

InSaneTK, interesting, especially as the same theory regarding us beeing "designed" also says something about a "new improved model" of a soulcarrier (human body) is due, maybe 2012? Results viewable by 2013 as the babies grow up? Man that really makes me feel old and outdated.

Curious if we would choose immortality for our children if we were presented with the possibility. Would mankind as a whole choose to make all newborns from here on out .... immortal? Would we choose this for the future of our race? Or would it create more problems? And what would be the origin of those problems, if not for our dna that states "Self Before Serve"?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I don´t think immortality is an option on earth although our "real" beeing, our souls would be considered to be immortal because they are not bound to earth when we die. Even if it were an option it would be a bad one because in this context you want the ability to die since it´s kinda like a wrap to whatever service/task/learning process you are here for. Beeing immortal would make you stuck in an endless loop leading nowhere.

Now that was pretty off topic

Back to DNA, i read quickly through some of the wikipedia links but couldn´t find any info regarding "junk DNA" on animals. Anyone know anything about this?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomra

Back to DNA, i read quickly through some of the wikipedia links but couldn´t find any info regarding "junk DNA" on animals. Anyone know anything about this?

Yeah! Here it is....

www.psrast.org...

95% of our DNA is 'junk'. Or is it really? We still don't know. Is this so called junk DNA carrying some alien message to be triggered at some point in our evolutuon?

Is it programmed to increase our 'brain power' which we at present are utilising just +- 10%, to about 80-90% which means we become super intelligent and therefore capable of understanding the advanced technology of the extra terrestrials?

At present, understanding this technology is like trying to explain the theory of Relativity to a worm!

I wonder when this will be triggered or would it take a few thousand years more of evolution?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
....maybe if you pump enough radiation into the the body some dna strands might get unlocked....or try pressing random parts on your body,like cheat codes.....but thats just another one of my ideas no one listens to

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSaneTK
I heard that our DNA is waiting to be activated, that we actauly got a 12 strand DNA (godlike) which will be unlocked when we are ready, also there will be born a few children with the 4 strand, 5 and 6 to help us in 2012 because that's when it's suppose to being! :O

That is baseless

And it's proof that we have DNA not in use, scientists call it "junk DNA". And it's a FACT:

About 98.5% of the human genome has been designated as "junk"

en.wikipedia.org...
www.psrast.org...

[edit on 8-8-2006 by InSaneTK]

Only a small portion of our DNA consists of us, of our genes. The rest is parasitic, selfish DNA that wandered into our genome. Theoretically, we are simply hosts.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by Dr_Cynic]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
wasnt this on x-files once?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
interesting idea.

i wonder what the full human potential is, seeign as most of our brain and most of our DNA aren't used.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The idea is nice, but, its just not the most reasonable place to look for extraterrestrial life. SETI isn't looking for a communication, its looking for a tell tale byproduct of civilization, radio emissions. Man's radio emissions aren't an attempt at communication with other planets.

In order for there to be a message 'in our dna', the aliens would have to have dna in the first place, and be wanting to communicate with us, and would've had to have created us. Its possible, of course, that they have hidden a message, and want us to 'know' about them at the 'appropriate' time, but why would having the ability to 'read' the genome be a good indicator of us being 'ready' for that information? And why would it be any better than encoding it in any one particular protein, or the structure of the brain, or who knows what?

Even given all that, we'd possibly know about this alien civilization long before we had the genetic technology, because they must've, at some point in their history, have used radio waves. Thats the attraction and the sense of SETI. Its not looking at something 'local', like DNA, or a special message for us, its looking at something universal.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
youre right, nothing says aliens would be carbon based life forms, heh. sometimes we assume too much, fwiw.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSaneTK
I heard that our DNA is waiting to be activated, that we actauly got a 12 strand DNA (godlike) which will be unlocked when we are ready,

THere is absolutely no basis for such a statement. DNA is a chemical. How would some invisible, insensible, otherworldy 'dna' have any effect? DNA acts to create proteins, nothing more. How would invisible, untouchable, 'non-existent' stuff create proteins?

Junk DNA is not DNA that is not being used, its DNA who's use is only just not begining to be understood. It is not some other 'strand' of DNA or anything like that either.

mister Jones
Scientists Say They’ve Found a Code Beyond Genetics in DNA":

This is sometimes called 'epigenetics'.

tomra
here as carriers for our souls it kinda explains a lot. DNA i assume would then simply be the bulilding blueprint

?
How is this different from what DNA is now?

mike singh
At present, understanding this technology is like trying to explain the theory of Relativity to a worm!

Not only is this a possiblity, its almost certainly true. I doubt that man has disovered anything like the bulk of the secrets and workings of the universe.

I wonder when this will be triggered or would it take a few thousand years more of evolution?

Why think it will be triggered? I mean, using your analogy, we wouldn't expect a worm to wriggle out of the ground and sprout legs and grow a head and become a man in one step.

dalair the great
maybe if you pump enough radiation into the the body some dna strands might get unlocked....

Radiation generally damages DNA. DNA is wound up, but its not 'locked' as is alluded to in the "12 strands" idea.

evanostrand
seeign as most of our brain and most of our DNA aren't used.

This is a misconception. Man doesn't use 'only 10% of his brain", its a complete urban legend with no basis in fact. Its widely accepted, but that doesn't mean its true.

Most of our DNA is 'junk' DNA. Junk DNA is simply DNA that isn't translated into proteins. That doesn't mean its not being used, its just not being used for that 'typical' function of DNA.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

tomra
here as carriers for our souls it kinda explains a lot. DNA i assume would then simply be the bulilding blueprint

?
How is this different from what DNA is now?

It´s not but it would add a sense of logic as to why we got DNA and it would also open up for some interesting thoughts about how easy we can be modified further down the road. After all, it´s only a building blueprint with lots of potentially "blanks" that can be filled with function at a later point in time.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Maybe this could happen. After cow mutilations and abductions , you never know what those crazy goverment aliens are gonna do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join