It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulling the plug on welfare?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is more of a question then a ATS Skunk works deal.. but I have a feeling that the discussion could blend into a nice piece.. so thats why it's here..

Could the United States government pull away from Social Services and Welfare/Medicare if it deemed a particular agendum necessary?

I don't know of any particular laws that guarentee any services. Each service has a laundry list of laws that support them (re: welfare), but are there any laws the strictly state that the United States government can't dissolve it's funding into said service?

Think big here.. WWIII starts, and the United States deems a very high national security risk. They issue a draft ... the war is on ..

Can they divert funding from welfare into the military to in theory force poor people to participate in the draft?

www.dhhs.gov...

Are there any laws protecting this, if not, do you think its possible the government would ever pull out on its social commitments to fund a war?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
well,
how else can they dispose of them legally?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeah right
well,
how else can they dispose of them legally?

Do you really think they care about being legal or not?

If they do that, people will just revolt... or follow like sheeps, like they do most of the time.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Thats the deal, if they pull welfare (example) the people that rely on welfare will have no where to go except to war. Men and women alike.

They'll flock to war..

Still not sure if this is possible..

Edit Add:

This thread was supposed to be posted in the ATS Skunkworks forum.. so please don't put a middle-east lean on this thread.

[edit on 8/8/2006 by QuietSoul]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
If the money was actually needed for national security, if there are any laws, I think they'd be ignored. and well, if we were to find ourselves in a major war, with draft and all, more than likely there would be more jobs than available employees. at least that was how it was during ww2 I believe.

but, could our economy handle it?? I mean, right now, there's alot of money being redirected into that system, employees are relying on it for their salaries, landlords are relying on it to help their tenants' rent, grocers and department stores are relying on it to give their customers money to spend there, companies are relying on it to fill in the gap that their wages aren't meeting, and the healthcare system is totally dependant on it I think!!
I think the economic upheaval wouldn't be pleasant!!

[edit on 8-8-2006 by dawnstar]

new topics

top topics

join