It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something odd in u2us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hey All,

I recently set about writing a u2u. I accidentally double-clicked the "subject" box and a bunch of subject "topics" appeared. Some were ones I know I sent previously...but a whole bunch were ones I know I did not compose.

What's up? Does this "mean" anything (other than that I am a bit paranoid) or should I just do the "move along, move along, nothing to see here" thing?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well that is odd,

only thing that should be there is what you have done yourself,

Was it the saved box you clicked on, and are you sure you did not write what ever the content was?

other than that are you sure nobody you know has your password, or do you share a computer? maybe a pal has came on and used it,

[edit on 7-8-2006 by asala]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Its a very tipical thing that your computer does, I am sure you can get rid of it but I think its nobody watching you, just you PC looking out for ya.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hey asala,

Thanks for the quick response.

No the weird thing is that it happens not only when I double-click the "subject" box in the "compose" section, but in any section...including when I double-click the subject box in this post reply.

I can't see what the messages were which belonged with the subject titles; but just reading the titles is enough to be absolutely certain that I didn't write any of them. Positively, absolutely certain. Beyond a reasonable doubt certain. Vote the death penalty certain.

No one else has my password that I know of...to be honest, my wife and daughters have absolutely no interest in BTS...(but I continue to love them anyway).

And nobody else has access to this computer (password protected, private PC).

And, while I appreciate ThichHeaded's post, it doesn't really answer it for me.

weird.

[edit on 26o08e311208e 12 by apocalypticon]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hmm, well I tried it and yeah got a list, but it was all subjects that looked familiar. And interestingly, no one touches this puppy but me. I wouldn't vote on the death penalty over it, but I can assure you THAT is beyond a shadow of a doubt. I believe this might correspond to the "Userdata Persistence" or "Autofill" settings in one's browser options? And if you check those, it could be that you are seeing subjects that other users have written on that puter. Just my $ .06th senses.

new topics

top topics

join