It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagining The Tenth Dimension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This isn't an advertisement. I was just so amazed by this that I had to share it with people:

www.tenthdimension.com...

If it doesn't go directly to it, you may have to click "imagining the tenth dimension" on the side menu.

My initial reaction was "OH SNAP!!!1!!11!one!1!"

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Cool, that means so far I've gotten as far as the 7th dimension on my own. I should consider buying this book to help me with those last 3, but then again, now that I know the path to follow, I'm sure I'll get there myself.

Thanks Yarcofin! Really great stuff!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
yeah nice ride, big thinking, i would love to see evidence for thid model of thought.

thanks for the link i will share it with others.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The only thing is my friend thinks that the theory is flawed. He had this to say:

It's a flawed theory, that's why they have to jump from "If this happens then this happens. But if that can happen, then this can happen, then. Oh, it doesn't work anymore"

The 5th dimension doesn't work because it relies on assuming Time can be three dimensional--one thing can happen without another happening. For example, travelling forward in time directly to when you're successful. This can't happen because time is in fact linear and can't be any other way. You can't be successful without doing something to become successful. If you jump through time, you've done NOTHING (you didn't exist).

Then jumping to where gravity doesn't exist and different speed of light in those other dimensions makes no sense unless you can state that there are other particles that could physically exist in the right conditions. Otherwise, that makes no sense either because the basic rules of physics would still apply.

Any theory that requires the possibility of time-travel is flawed, and we see that in the this-to-that approach in dimensions.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ah, but your friend should realize that there would be a UNIVERSE, or Supraverse, where it is possible for that event to happen - and so when you "time travel" like that, you're going to a totally different set of events, not just the future.

Consider it like Sliders. A past event has caused tremendous changes - but when you travel through the 6th dimension, you do so without going inbetween any of the pre-existing points.

I just wrote a web-blog post about it (my ATS webblog accessible from my signature), hopefully where it makes a little more sense, have your friend check it out

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i cant see it, it wont let me download it or something, is there another link?

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If you clicked the link on the left and it won't load, your Flash or whatever runs it probably isn't high enough.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hmm I don't know, that's a bit hard to go along with. Their 5th and 7th dimensions were basically the same (infinite possible timelines) just the 5th referring to an individual person and the 7th referring to our universe. That seems more like a difference of scale, and not 2 entirely new dimensions. So just staying with their line of thinking, there would only be 8 dimensions. However, I don't really agree with their 10th dimension either, it's not a new dimension without a new...well... dimension. They are basically saying that everything that was, is, and can be, in all possible universes, is just a representation within a dimensionless universe (aka 10=0). So assuming they are right about everything else, I would say there are actually only 7 dimensions (I don't know if there is already a 7 dimensional theory or not, just going on what i gathered from this flash). Also I'm not trying to bash anything here, just a few things that didn't sit right with me from that flash. I'm thinking of buying the book, maybe it will explain it better

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That whooshin sound you just heard was the last 4 dimensions flying over my head. Maybe if I watch it again.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You seem to have created a giant random space in your posting as well. Anyway, good luck and I hope that one day soon you will be able to wrap your head around it.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Excellent vid

Quite like "Dimensions for Dummies"

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
slightly off-topic to 10 dimensions but worth mentioning anyway is the book flatland is available online copyright free and gives a good introduction to understanding dimensions (the lower numbered dimensions anyway). amazing book which was written in 1884. it doesnt take long to read so give it a go

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Yeah I heard about Flatland a while ago and downloaded a free copy, but still haven't got around to reading it. Perhaps I should do that today

new topics

top topics

join