It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People like us

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
I'm sorry subz but I don't agree with you. Nor do lots of Lebanese. I have two very close friends who are Lebanese and have extended families living in Lebanon. Both remember the pre-revolution Lebanon that was an affluent tourist mecca (no pun) for Europe and the ME.

I will be blunt and to the point. Lebanese Christians are very racist towards Muslims. Hizbollah was helping the Muslims. Christians helped the Israelis in the Sabra massacre. The Civil war in Lebanon was Christian -vs- Muslim. You will find a lot of Christians in Lebanon are not too fond of Muslims, so of course they are not for Hizbollah but Hizbollah arose out of attacks like the Sabra ,Shatilla affair. Muslims are also stunted in as far as they can achieve politically in the government which also peed them off.

All I had to tell my Grandfather to make him curse me out in Arabic and come chasing after me was that I would marry a Muslim woman. He was a good man but they can be pretty racist religiously.

Another bad trait in the con section for Lebanon. They need to work on that if they want peace in that country to last.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

........as a mod, i would expect better from him. He is, of course, entitled to his opinion, but the manner in which he is presenting them is inflammatory and offering little substance.

Thank You stumason,
I have taken note of this Moderators behaviour in many other threads. I find such out burst from his league absolutely inappropriate.
I have always found the Mods just and eloquent "word wizards".
But what can we do?

WIS

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
Thank You stumason,
I have taken note of this Moderators behaviour in many other threads. I find such out burst from his league absolutely inappropriate.
I have always found the Mods just and eloquent "word wizards".
But what can we do?

WIS

As much as it pains me to bump this thread, I'll still respond to this.

While we do act as moderators on this website, we are also members. You will find many examples of this kind of behavior in mods, super mods and the admin. We are just like you. We are people. We were first members before we became moderators, and becoming moderators did not change our status as members. Like you, we have emotions. We have opinions. Many of us have very strong opinions. After all, most (if not all) moderators have many posts on this board. I don't know about you, but I don't bother posting unless I feel strongly enough to spend my time typing it out. If we were not allowed to have opinions, I, for one, would refuse the moderator position, as would most of the mods here on this board.

For the most part, though, you will not find us using our moderating powers on threads where we are participating, especially where emotions run high. In the rare occasion where that does take place, other moderators put us back in our place and amend our error. Hence one of the reasons for so many moderators controlling each forum. You, too, have the ability of keeping us in check in the case where you think we're going too far with the complain link. That informs all the staff at the website of your complaint.

If you think Nygdan abused his power, complain. If you think Nygdan was debating in his particular style and expressing his opinion as he does best, deal with it; he, too, is a member.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Ok ok here what I have to say. Last week a finally got a job and I was working with a man from Palestine and I asked him about what his thought about what Israel doing to the Palestine and he first that came out was "all the children" he closed his eye and nodded his head down. I only hear about what happen and never thought much about it but once he did that I knew he really know what happen down there. So I ask is all true what they do and instead of answering he told me a story.

Here it goes I can't remember ever thing he said but I'll try my best.

"When I was living there I always made sure my child stayed inside"
I said why and he said
"Well there were some children playing on the street about 1 year ago there were a small group of children play football (soccer) in the street and there about 6 I think and they hit a solider and shot them on site"
(me)-WHAT!!!!!
"Yes and some mothers organized a protest with some other mothers who lost there in this way"
(me)-hell hey they should I mean they should asked for the police they should do something to help
"There are the Police"
(me)-there are!
"Yes and when those women protested the police and the soldiers fried at them about 50 people die"
(me)-........

After that I have to leave him so I could throw out the recycle and garbage in the 15 floor I think not sure but he look depress for the rest of the day.

It really sad that no one really now what happening and that why I'm against that and I started to talk to other Israelis and found out they want this to end just ask bad and the U.S. doesn't show the real side to what the Israelis army doing.

Why when try to the right thing we have to think of race
it not suppose to be like that why can't really look at what they really doing a say it wrong

That my .02

[edit on 19-8-2006 by El Che]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
As much as it pains me to bump this thread, I'll still respond to this.

And as much as it pains me to respond to you here in my thread, I will.

No one has any problem with moderators having opinions and expressing them. I dont recall any one saying otherwise in this thread. What people take exception with is the abusive tone taken by people who should know better.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Originally posted by stumason
However, playing Mod and asking for the thread to stay on topic and in the very same post attack the OP's credibility and mocking him is hardly being an impartial moderator, is it? If he wanted to state his opinion, he should have taken his Mod hat off, instead of hiding behind it to take a swipe at Subz.

Agreed, but I am completely used to it. It's like water off a ducks back really but I do appreciate you and the other members who called him out on his behaviour. Thank guys

Both sides are wrong unfortantly only 6% of the population believes this. Its really just that simple.

But of course most people would be ready to die this very moment to back up their claim that A or B were the correct answers.

For humanity to satisfy their own ego they have to chose sides for their disagreements. It just wouldnt be logical for them to do otherwise. My question would be what government will be the first to start a nuclear war.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonata
Both sides are wrong unfortantly only 6% of the population believes this. Its really just that simple.

Believes what? The quotes in question refer to what Nygdan posted. What's that have to do with 6% of the population?

Originally posted by Sonata
For humanity to satisfy their own ego they have to chose sides for their disagreements. It just wouldnt be logical for them to do otherwise. My question would be what government will be the first to start a nuclear war.

Im not sure what you are refering to. The only side I've chosen is the side that doesnt think the deaths of civilians is acceptable.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

If you think Nygdan abused his power, complain. If you think Nygdan was debating in his particular style and expressing his opinion as he does best, deal with it; he, too, is a member.

I guess I hit a soft spot. I am addressing a need to uphold a civil tone. This has nothing to do with opinions. Expressing ones theories aggressively will not enforce ones point only degrade ones own reputation.
An unstable, mad dog will never gain respect.
Enough said.
WIS

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
People like us:

- Exhibits too much patience in accordance because of being perhaps too open minded;
- Fails to believe the U.S. subsidization of Israel has nothing to do with the Jews, but much rather everything to do with the mystique of the Holy Land;
- Delves too deep into all that is military speculation;
- Given sway to hysteria all too often;
- Not enough correlation with the more mainstream media of the Popular Science and the CNET type;
- Forgets that progress on the technological front is driven from the necessity for greater efficiencies and propelled by our dreams and,
- I'm thinking does isn't as cool minded as The Huffington Post to which almost simply does not cut it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join