It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 year old Iraqi girl gang raped by 3 US soldiers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
Warcrimes happen. They are unavoidable. Every war in history has examples. Humans are human, and you can't ever change that fact. That being said, there still is no excuse do dehumanize a 14 year old girl. Of course, who really knows the full story... Maybe she was running at them with a grenade, like alot of the other puppet children of the SICK extremist Iraqi parents.

A marine came home about a month ago that I ment in a bar, and we started talking, and I asked how many people he has killed, and he replied, "unofficially, 47. 10 of them were children."
"Children?!" I replied. "Why did you kill 10 children?"
"Hey, when they are charging at you with grenades, its either them or your whole platoon."

death penalty to them indeed.

or better yet; to their government.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by DrExtravaganza]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrExtravaganza

death penalty to them indeed.

or better yet; to their government.

Well, I do agree that they should receive the death penalty if convicted, but, I do not think that the government should be held responsible for the actions of these 3 soldiers.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
they are responsible for the bloody war.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
"but, I do not think that the government should be held responsible for the actions of these 3 soldiers"

why not ? the soldiers held the 14 year old girl responsible for the actions of hers ?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz

Originally posted by psilogod
it people like these 3 assholes that join the miliatry just to rape and pilage because they think they can get away with it. i'm glad this story is getting out to show what type of atrocities the US miliatry is capable of.

these kinds of atrocities are in every war, and yes the US are capable just like any other nation.

if convicted these soldiers should be dealt with strict action.

Which is the death penalty. I understand feeling depressed and fearing for your life, and drinking to ease that feeling.. but to rape and murder a 14 y/o and then slay the entire family, there is no excuse for that. I want to know why these soldiers where left to wonder the streets of Iraq drunk with out an officer in charge knowing there whereabouts.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
murders/rapists/paedophiles all mixed into one - inexcusable!!

and people on this message who say "well war crimes happen" should be ashamed of yourself also!!

those troops was supposed to be helping freeing that country, making a better life for those they raped and murdered.

i hope those soldiers burn in hell, but knowing how the US government protects these people (like all the rape storys and cover-ups in vietnam) they'll probably get away with it.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The quality of NCO's is what separates good, responsible armies from raping and murderous rabbles.

In this instance it does seem the NCO was cuplable to a degree.

It happens in all armies but the increased demand and lower volunteer rates of asymetric warfare mean modern armies (particulary the US) are in danger of not maintaining esential discipline.

The death penalty is the only option: to maintain discipline and preserve reputations

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster
Just add another to the list of US war crimes. Bear in mind, this barbarism is directly due to the grueling training and mindwashing that these soldiers receive. This policy goes up to the very top rankings. Blame the ones in charge.

Don't even start that poo, EVERYONE has free will, you can't tell me they were brain washed or " Pushed " into raping a 14 yr old girl, I don't care who you are, you rape anyone, especially an innocent child, no matter what race or color of skin, you deserve to die. How would you feel if it was your 14 yr old daughter, or sister and 3 barbaric Soliders came in and violent ripped into their flesh robbing all innocence a child should have....you need to have your head examined man, cuz your the one that is messed up. I hope God has mercy on your soul for even thinking it wasn't their direct fault.....good grief

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Our government is very much resposible for the actions of the military personel that has deployed in the invaded nation of Iraq.

If the soldiers were not in Iraq this horrible tragedy would never happen.

Yes she pretty much would have the chances of been killed by somebody else but that would have been an Iraqi govenrment issue no the US.

Very tragic how the age was kept covered for a while and she was refered to as Young woman.

Here in the US she would have been considere inmediately as child.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinstopshere
The title seems very misleading. Also give our troops the benefit of the doubt because it seems you think they are guilty without a trial.

that seems to be the trend these days...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Our government is very much resposible for the actions of the military personel that has deployed in the invaded nation of Iraq.

Yes she pretty much would have the chances of been killed by somebody else but that would have been an Iraqi govenrment issue no the US.

Very tragic how the age was kept covered for a while and she was refered to as Young woman.

it most certainly would have happened, only to an american
what happened is terrible, but to blame the military or the government is foolish
according to these stats roughly 40 people per hour get raped or sexually assulted and the FBI assumes only 30% or so are actually reported dragging the real number up over 100 rapes or sexual assults per hour

this poor girl is simple a statistic of american culture
if the government is to blame for anything it is for not implementing harsher crimes for sexual crimes to deter people from commiting them

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Remeber they are not just accused of rape, (this turns my stomache), but also of murdering the rest of her family so they would not tell anyone what they had done, To me it is lower that scum anyone who rapes a 14 year old, then kills the rest of her family.

These Soldiers should be held to account if they are found guilty (death penalty), If it is decided that they should get the death penalty this might show the Iraqy people that america are not all Rapists and there is actually some justice left in the USA.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Please once again I will say even if their is a pile of evidence against them and it seems for sure they are guilty you have to think maybe they didn't do this. If it was up to half of you they would be hung in the streets by a mob. That is what keeps us civil. If every one think the way you do we would be a police state.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondernut

Originally posted by marg6043

it most certainly would have happened, only to an american
what happened is terrible, but to blame the military or the government is foolish
according to these stats roughly 40 people per hour get raped or sexually assulted and the FBI assumes only 30% or so are actually reported dragging the real number up over 100 rapes or sexual assults per hour

this poor girl is simple a statistic of american culture
if the government is to blame for anything it is for not implementing harsher crimes for sexual crimes to deter people from commiting them

Congrats Wondernut!!! You get my vote!

For stupidest damn thing I have ever heard in my freaking life!!!!!! Honestly pure ignorance right there for you.

Oh who cares if the child was gang raped, murdered and that her entire family died with her by 3 or 4 American military men, because well because the FBI says lots of people are being raped every hour! That makes her a statistic. She can fit into one of those 100 or so women raped every hour.

You disgust me.

Rape is a crime of violence and domination, they GANG raped her Wondernut, they murdered her whole damn family, before or after I don't know, either way a disgusting act of violence that deserves the death penalty. For them to think being drunk makes it ok HA may they burn an eternity in the hottest dark pit of hell.

I think you need to look at the story before saying it isn't the militarys fault and that the poor girl was just a number.

This is a warcrime, they used their position to inflict death and pain onto civilians.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I forgot to add, the US Marines, US A/F, US Navy do alot of charity work also as well as other work which does not get mentioned by alot of the media, I am not suckin up in case anyone is wonderin.!!!!

But I think the conduct of a few soldiers in the US Forces should not tarnish the reputation and some of the good work that the US forces do.

But hey thats my opinion ya can call my a butt kisser if you want .........

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My mom just read the story and she said something so nasty that I can't say it here she describing what she would do to these soldier's. She mad as hell she to suffer a penatly worse than death.

Ok my say I think is horrible they should be put to death if true. God only 14 and her whole family........I can say anymore or I get emotional.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
Warcrimes happen. They are unavoidable. Every war in history has examples. Humans are human, and you can't ever change that fact. That being said, there still is no excuse do dehumanize a 14 year old girl. Of course, who really knows the full story... Maybe she was running at them with a grenade, like alot of the other puppet children of the SICK extremist Iraqi parents.

A marine came home about a month ago that I ment in a bar, and we started talking, and I asked how many people he has killed, and he replied, "unofficially, 47. 10 of them were children."
"Children?!" I replied. "Why did you kill 10 children?"
"Hey, when they are charging at you with grenades, its either them or your whole platoon."

So warcrimes happen do they? Everyone knows that.

What we are trying to say here is that what happened was wrong. And if she was coming at them with a grenade, that would have been the first defence the soldiers would have used! 'She was charging at us, we shot her, etc.'

But no! These guys GANG RAPED her! A 14 year old kid for God's/Whatever You Believe In's sake! Even if she was charging at them, does it give them the right to GANG RAPE her - After they disarmed her? (They wouldn't be raping her while fighting her would they?)

I understand the point you are trying to make, but seriously, look at whole picture.

Also, we all know our soldiers in Iraq are victims of of Government's/People Behind The Government's policies and plans. Over 2,000 GIs killed. Seriously, is that justified?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'd like to again stress "IF TRUE". So far there are only allocations against them and in our justice system, they are still innocent.

But the shatty part about this is if they are found "not guilty"( I didnt say innocent) then many on this board will claim a govt coverup and many Iraqi's will do the same. So its a lose-lose situation whether they did it or not.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
THIS IS FOR MR. CONSPIRACY...LETS BE EXACT WHEN CALLING OUT WHAT TROOPS /INDIVIDUALS THAT ARE COMMITTING THESE HEINOUS ACTS, IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN YOU MENTIONED MARINES...AS A FORMER MARINE I TAKE OFFENCE. IF YOU READ THE DISPATCH THEY WERE IN THE ARMY !

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALPHA OMEGA
THIS IS FOR MR. CONSPIRACY...LETS BE EXACT WHEN CALLING OUT WHAT TROOPS /INDIVIDUALS THAT ARE COMMITTING THESE HEINOUS ACTS, IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN YOU MENTIONED MARINES...AS A FORMER MARINE I TAKE OFFENCE. IF YOU READ THE DISPATCH THEY WERE IN THE ARMY !

Oyy! Chill with the caps man...

P.S. And I'm a n00b here!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join