It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 year old Iraqi girl gang raped by 3 US soldiers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
14 Year Old Raped by 3 US Soldiers

if proven true, i hope these soldiers get the death penalty. i'm american.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by psilogod]
mod edit, word choices

[edit on 7-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Just add another to the list of US war crimes. Bear in mind, this barbarism is directly due to the grueling training and mindwashing that these soldiers receive. This policy goes up to the very top rankings. Blame the ones in charge.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster
Just add another to the list of US war crimes. Bear in mind, this barbarism is directly due to the grueling training and mindwashing that these soldiers receive. This policy goes up to the very top rankings. Blame the ones in charge.

It has nothing to do with the grueling training and such. Such training is required to create soldiers and fighters from civilians.

The problem is the total breakdown of discipline, military order, morale, and accountability by those in charge.

Obviously, these soldiers are not being morally conditioned, nor is discipline and regulation being enforced and order being kept.

the more I hear about this crap the angrier I get, and for many reasons. This is worse than embarrassment. It is dangerous, especially to the rest of the soldiers who are not engaging in war crimes.

And I also wonder what will happen when these guys return to the states as civilians.

I honestly hope these charges are false. I really do not want to think the military has degraded to this state.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

from the storyU.S. soldiers accused of raping and murdering a 14-year-old Iraqi girl drank alcohol and hit golf balls before the attack

thats, um, enlightaning, explains everything.

i don't think you can blame this on the mens training, it's a cop-out, if it was their training there would be an awful lot of simular cases, there isn't.
they did it because they're sick individuals. i don't think you'ld blame their training if it had happened when they were on leave in nebraska.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
yes there are many cases like this, we just dont hear about them. Those kind of things can lower war moral. Cant have that. Theyll give us a few here and there, but thats it.

Well I personally know that it is a result of the training, I live right near a military base and I go there frequently to work out and such, and I speak to alot of soldiers there, they are all the same ilk...one even threatened to kill me over an argument about sports, im serious, this happened to me.

I would say yea it is because of the training, but more specifically the mindwashing, that we have these stories. Its just the people with higher consciousness and moral scruples tend to not be as effected by it as someone with lesser of the both. That with the combo of vaccinations, inoculations, other things that they give them to dumb the mind down. Eventually, you will have out-breaks like this where these troops go on these sick power trips and resort to barbarism I dont even think the nazis did.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This kind of news brings shame on the good name of US military.

When US Marines take turns to rape a 14 years old Muslim girl in Iraq, after that I am not surprised why ordinary Iraqi population turns against the US forces and begins slaughtering them.

Actions of some marines are putting the lives of other soldiers at risk. Over 2000 US troops have been killed by Iraqis, and the death toll continues to rise.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 7-8-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
it people like these 3 < snip > that join the miliatry just to rape and pilage because they think they can get away with it. i'm glad this story is getting out to show what type of atrocities the US miliatry is capable of.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by psilogod
it people like these 3 assholes that join the miliatry just to rape and pilage because they think they can get away with it. i'm glad this story is getting out to show what type of atrocities the US miliatry is capable of.

these kinds of atrocities are in every war, and yes the US are capable just like any other nation.

if convicted these soldiers should be dealt with strict action.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The US military is a slice of the American public. Criminals and crimes happen. If the facts convict the defendants then they deserve what they get. And I feel it is bad what happened to the victim.

To the person who said the US military has been in a "mindwashing". Maybe you should stop being "mindwashed" too. My brother is not a robot. My nephew is not a robot. And my sister is not a robot.

It is like when insurgents blow up people with murder (or suicide) bombers in markets. I don't think all Iraqis are like that. Only a very few jerk losers.

But that is not an interesting ATS thread title.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster
Well I personally know that it is a result of the training, I live right near a military base and I go there frequently to work out and such, and I speak to alot of soldiers there, they are all the same ilk...one even threatened to kill me over an argument about sports, im serious, this happened to me.

They allow civilains onto a base to "work out"?
What the hell!
I know they let civilains in north queensferry use the pool there but that place is almost deserted!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
After not knowing who the enemy is for so long, they probably consider everyone the enemy.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I suppose rapes never happened in Iraq before the American occupation? The U.S. army is the first to ever have soldiers go out of control and rape someone?

I am the first to suggest that they be castrated, but you can't hold it against the US army. Individuals who want to do something like this will find a way to do it no matter where they are. These people were not "brainwashed" or "mind controlled" they were sick *SNIP* who deserve to be shot in the head. The majority of soldiers, however (and I have known quite a few) would never do such a thing, and see things like this as horrible abominations.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The title seems very misleading. Also give our troops the benefit of the doubt because it seems you think they are guilty without a trial.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Dont have time to read above posts, but when i read that in the newspaper today I just felt sad. I know that stuff happens, and worse but yeah..

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If found out to be true, prison time or the death penalty. It would be a disgraze to the US Amed Forces and America as a whole.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
With a military force of 200 000 you get the crime rate of 200 000 citizen city... or most likely 20 000 since the guys don't have unlimited access to alcohol and don't have that much free time...

Compare crime rate of US forces in Iraq to any town of 20 000 and you'll notice a similarity... (non combat related crimes, war crimes, if indeed committed, are another story)

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Why does this shock people ?
I see so many threads which are seemingly aghast at the every day aspects of war.
Soldiers rape people during war, it has even been seen as tactical.
Civillians get blown up, women and children are executed for no reason, human rights are thrown out of the window.

We seem to get some sterilized version of war streaming through our TV's telling us that these slightly less pleasant aspects of conflict are abhorations, rare isolated mistakes, but in general warzones are rife with this sort of thing.

I'd love to think that our army is fighting a just clean war and their army are murdering rapists but thats just part of the propoganda all civillians are fead during a war.

Our men and women are murdering bastards because thats what they are trained to be to get the "job" done. No better or worse than the murdering bastards they're fighting.

The problem here isn't how the war is fought, its that war itself is a abhoration, we just don't like anything that reminds us of that.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Why was someone with a history of mental problems allowed to join the United States Army? in the UK, people with mental health problems are not allowed to join the military due to them not being able to have the mental ability to cope.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well I guess we shall find out more about this "incidents" few years after this war is proclaimed "over" or "won":

Declassified papers show U.S. atrocities went far beyond My Lai.

The documents detail 320 alleged incidents that were substantiated by Army investigators — not including the most notorious U.S. atrocity, the 1968 My Lai massacre.

Though not a complete accounting of Vietnam war crimes, the archive is the largest such collection to surface to date. About 9,000 pages, it includes investigative files, sworn statements by witnesses and status reports for top military brass.

The records describe recurrent attacks on ordinary Vietnamese — families in their homes, farmers in rice paddies, teenagers out fishing. Hundreds of soldiers, in interviews with investigators and letters to commanders, described a violent minority who murdered, raped and tortured with impunity.

So, if 'Nam ended about 30 years ago, I guess the Full Report about the Abuses in Iraq will be available sometimes around 2036.

'Till then!

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Warcrimes happen. They are unavoidable. Every war in history has examples. Humans are human, and you can't ever change that fact. That being said, there still is no excuse do dehumanize a 14 year old girl. Of course, who really knows the full story... Maybe she was running at them with a grenade, like alot of the other puppet children of the SICK extremist Iraqi parents.

A marine came home about a month ago that I ment in a bar, and we started talking, and I asked how many people he has killed, and he replied, "unofficially, 47. 10 of them were children."
"Children?!" I replied. "Why did you kill 10 children?"
"Hey, when they are charging at you with grenades, its either them or your whole platoon."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join