It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the U.S economy is set up for a COLLAPSE soon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think it will happen in about 2 years time. I also feel that it is still avoidable so we will have to wait and see what happens.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Total collapse? Hardly, If the US economy colla[pses, then we will take the rest of the world down as well, so It really does not matter where you money is.

That being said, we could see a recession and that I fell is far more likely. Alot of people have taken out equity loans on inflated real estate values and worse yet, bought homes they could not really afford using negative am. mortgages. The crisis in the sub prime market is the tip of the iceberg IMHO.

That is what will take down the economy and I think it may be the next S&L like crisis for the country.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If the US economy completely crashes its going to take the rest of the worlds economies along with it. The rest of the world is just as dependent on us as we are on them. We arent mutually exclusive in this situation.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
ok let me put it this way

there will be a recession at minimum but for the middle class it may seem like a depression

the economy is in between a rock and a hard place

numerous articles spell this out

we are either headed for deflation or hyperinflation. and when the added money spewed into the economy reaches the point where you get a disproportinate increase in cost of goods when compared with the prices of houses and stocks then the fed will act. and based on barnacke's MO he will chose hyperinflation. and yes we will take the global economy down into a recession but the elite will remain powerful and the middle class will take a beating that will be rememberd for a looonngggg time.

there are talks of 3 regional currency's the euro , a pan-asain currency, and also something like the Amero. i'll take my chances with metals

WAKE UP THE RIDE IS coming to an end between 4 and 18 months
it depends on wether we can sustain a little more of a inflation cycle and find just a little more space between that rock and hard place but wether it's this fall or next year the realists know, the elite want you in the dark so they can take more advantage of your sudden hardships

this is not a conspiracy per se, this is the reality of politics and democracy's attitude on fiscal policy. i.e well if we keep postponing the slowing of the economy we won't be the one's in office when there was a little recession so we will get re-elected and pass the buck to the future, well this has been done so long, and the "buck" get bigger and badder each time and now we are backed into a corner.

intrest rates will be lowered the dollar will weaken and prices oh they be goin up up and away. buy gold buy silver buy platinum buy ammo buy food buy water get a visa and move for a few years

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Total collapse? Hardly, If the US economy colla[pses, then we will take the rest of the world down as well, so It really does not matter where you money is.

Yes, yes and yes I completely agree, if the US economy collapses we will take the rest of the world with us. It would be a mess, so it is in the interest of the rest of the world to be able to work together and through any glitches that may occur now and in the near future.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
No.
If the US economy experiences a complete collapse, the rest of the world may experience a recession, but not a complete collapse themselves.

Look up "hedging" in investing. Then look at recent patterns with investments in european economies, and asian economies.

The US is an absolute buyer, with next to no exports. With this in mind, the rest of the world will just have to rely on the rest of the world to buy. One country's lack of purchases is not going to destroy the other suppliers.

The US economy used to be the main revolving point back in the 80's and early 90's. But with the independance of the asian markets, and the rise of the european economy, the US dollar no longer has the control it use to.

Granted, North america will likely collapse. The United States, Canada, Mexico, and perhaps south american countries will collapse, but the eastern mainland will simply recieve a slight dent in their economy. Not much to worry about.

And seeing as Canada has become an almost abosolute exporter of all necessities to life, a deal will likely be made between them and the rest of the world to ensure Canada's survival.

The US will fall, but the world economy will still survive.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by johnsky]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
jesus christ im soooooo sick of these chicken little posts

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
jesus christ im soooooo sick of these chicken little posts

Care to add some actual input?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
watch the chinese equity bubble (watch there stock market) which has QUADRUPLED it's value in the last year in a half

there was a world wide increase expansion of credit in the last few years and people world-wide are up to there ears in debt

the bilderberg meeting this weekend is intresting ( wonder what they are planning)

you know that if the elite ever have any sinister plans for the world, a major part of the plan is to financially enslave the more developed nations

tick tock

foreigners buying up buildings and other assets thoughout united states , seems that if money will be worth nothing soon, infrastructure and land will be nice to have

seems like this would foreshadow a NAU.

i have never prayed to me more wrong in my life

[edit on 31-5-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

The US is an absolute buyer, with next to no exports. With this in mind, the rest of the world will just have to rely on the rest of the world to buy. One country's lack of purchases is not going to destroy the other suppliers.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by johnsky]

This is not true. The fact is that while US imports and the trade deficit get all of the publicity, US exports have experienced the same rapid growth. The United States is the world's 2nd largest exporter of goods and services, with total exports of around $1.5 trillion in 2005.

research.stlouisfed.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I believe this UN report tends to down-play certain trends, like Chinese inflation, and Chinese influence on the global economy. The fact that the Feb. 27, nine percent drop in the Shanghai index caused such a reaction in global markets is an indication of STRONG influence...as opposed to "growing" influence.

I found these comments noteworthy: "United States debt, which had now deepened to well over $3 trillion, might turn out to be unsustainable in the rest of 2007 or next, putting further downward pressure on the United States dollar, he said. Since its peak in 2002, the dollar had depreciated vis-à-vis the major currencies by some 35 per cent and by 25 per cent against a broader range of other currencies."

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I would simply like to add (and others have already mentioned this) that there have been so many claims similar to this, even on ATS...let alone other media. Do a search on ATS..it's funny to find a thread from 2 years ago saying "The US economy will collapse in the next 6 months." "A July surprise is coming next week!" "An October surprise..." "Violent revolution by next year!" "The US Dollar will have no value by 20XX."

I think it's funny. At the time these posts are made, many jump on the bandwagon and think it's the end of the world. But when the supposed date of collapse passes, not many note it. Maybe they're too busy worrying about the August 19th, 2007 surprise...

What? You haven't heard about the August 19th, 2007 surprise? All you have to do is mapquest the streets of downtown Los Angeles and overlay them with the wiring diagram of a nuclear warhead. If you then apply a simple mathematical equation and multiply by 666 (the number of the devil) then divide by 777 (the number of God), you will get the exact address AND driving directions to Cheney's secret underground lair...and in that lair lies lots of lavishly layered lemon cakes... and in those cakes is a secret note written by one of Thomas Jefferson's hundreds of slaves, who was a direct descendant of Miguel R. Sullivan, the first 59th degree black mason...and THAT man began implementing his evil plan 1850 years ago and we only have a few months left before it takes effect. If you want to know how I figured out the exact date of the surprise, you only have to add a few numbers together: 8 million (the number of people who may or may not have died in NAZI prison/work camps) + 192,000 (the number of gold coins brought to the New World from the Old World by the masons) + 007 (the serial number of James Bond) = 8,192,007 = 8/19/2007

So you see, this MUST be August 19th, 2007 and NOT the 8th day of the 19th month (19/8/2007). The 19th month would be 'Halycron', according to ancient Mayan calendars. It could be interpreted this way, but those of us experts who have an actual original copy of the Mayan calendar will reference page 69 and the footnote which reads: "It's August, not Halycron". If you are looking up the calendar online or checking out a more modern version in the library, this footnote has been mysteriously omitted (work of the bankers, no doubt).

So, finally, what is the surprise? Well, I had a vision and I can now tell you with 100% certainty that the US Dollar will plummet to 23% of its current value, Iran will invade the US (yes, I mean it that way, not the other way around) and Mexico will begin airlifting its citizens directly into major US metropolitan areas. There are a few more things which will happen but I want some of the August 19th, 2007 surprise to remain a surprise. So sit back, freak out and get paranoid, and enjoy the party. Don't forget to bring the sweet, sweet lemon cakes!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join