It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is shared dreaming really possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What do you think?

It seems that everytime I become lucid now im going upto my friends trying to make them aware that there dreaming and sometimes like last night they acknowledge this but is it even worth me bothering.. Personally I dont think I believe its possible but then that also depends on whether you believe theres an actual astral plane as such or just brain activity.

When people have said theyve had a shared dream before ive often thought that it could be a case of them both doing the same thing that previous day and so both have taken in similar subconscious thoughts... resulting in similar dreams? I wish I knew someone close to me that had lucid dreams like mys elf.. none of my friends remember there dreams at all

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Is it possible to enter someone elses dream? - yes

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think so as well. I think its using the same method like remote viewing. I would also think two people would need to know how or both try or think of it before sleeping.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
One example. It does not occur to me in my dreams anymore though, but it used too quite frequently. I have no connection with this individual in love/relationship/deeds/everyday life. or even a friendship now but this person had entered my dreams without my control and it profound, but nothing came from it as it didn't relate to my everyday life... The thing is dreams are complex and I know dreams try to sort out unconcious issues in our constant life etc and make us aware of them. But this one was not. I always had that feeling it was another person mind connected with mine. I believe we can connect our dreams.

Simply because it's made of the same thing. And there is nothing to say it can't travel. This Universe has to much matter for us to believe in just the pyscial part we see in everday life. I believe dreams is more than just physical.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My experience of shared-dreams relates to standard dreams. When my son was aged about 6 or 7, he wore a troubled look one morning when he woke up. He told me about a dream he'd had. I'd had one almost identical, the same night.

As he grew older, he stopped telling me about his dreams.

My daughter and I have had very similar dreams, as we've discovered the next day. It's probably quite common amongst people in close relationships, although until recently, I haven't seen much mention of it in books, forums, etc.

Dreams; what we regard as 'dreams'; out of body travel; information received during dreams, etc. are most probably some of the most important experiences we have in life. Dreams may be when we're most 'alive'; most truly 'ourselves'. It would be nice if people were encouraged to prepare for 'sleep' in a more meaningful and expectant manner.

I suspect that computer use interferes with the quality of our dreams.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
My brother and I had an experience where he finished my dream, a week or so after i had the initial dream.

I never told him about it, i actually forgot about it, until he was telling me about the dream he had and it started where mine took off.

Very weird.....we don't talk about it much. It freaks us out.

new topics

top topics

join