It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking the Mask Off of Christianity

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few pages ago some guy quotes the bible in reference to the question about any other religion predating the bible. There is one that does!!!!!!!!!! MINE!!! I'm ,"wiccan", or as most narrow minded , uneducated christians would say, a Witch. I LOVE IT. AND yes. there are alot of things taken from "my religion" and added to christianity. such as christ's birthday. dec.25th .......guess what,... didn't happpen, thats a known old world pagan holiday. want another one? okay easter!....bunch of crap. thats another pagan holiday for the start of spring. these and others are taken from other religions and ADDED to christian beliefs to draw in the people, then the church said oh yeah those other things are evil from now on. Oh get this...the christmas tree..STARTED WITH THE PAGAN'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dress up a tree, .......druid ritual....place gifts to the gods under it.....druid......PLACE A 5 POINTED STAR ON TOP OF IT........druid.....witchcraft is the one of the oldest religions.chrstians have no room to set examples, like thou shall not kill, oh but look what they did during the salem Witch trials. killed women and children. the old testament is full of , "good" people killing other people. in the name of god. you can keep your stupid double standard crap for a religion.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyraxx
A few pages ago some guy quotes the bible in reference to the question about any other religion predating the bible. There is one that does!!!!!!!!!! MINE!!! I'm ,"wiccan", or as most narrow minded , uneducated christians would say, a Witch. I LOVE IT. AND yes. there are alot of things taken from "my religion" and added to christianity. such as christ's birthday. dec.25th .......guess what,... didn't happpen, thats a known old world pagan holiday. want another one? okay easter!....bunch of crap. thats another pagan holiday for the start of spring. these and others are taken from other religions and ADDED to christian beliefs to draw in the people, then the church said oh yeah those other things are evil from now on. Oh get this...the christmas tree..STARTED WITH THE PAGAN'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dress up a tree, .......druid ritual....place gifts to the gods under it.....druid......PLACE A 5 POINTED STAR ON TOP OF IT........druid.....witchcraft is the one of the oldest religions.chrstians have no room to set examples, like thou shall not kill, oh but look what they did during the salem Witch trials. killed women and children. the old testament is full of , "good" people killing other people. in the name of god. you can keep your stupid double standard crap for a religion.

Wicca is a Neopagan religion and a religious movement found in many different countries, though most commonly in English-speaking cultures. It was first publicised in 1954 by a British civil servant named Gerald Gardner, after the British Witchcraft Act was repealed. He claimed that the religion, of which he was an initiate, was a modern survival of an old witch cult, which had existed in secret for hundreds of years, originating in the pre-Christian Paganism of Europe. Wicca is thus sometimes referred to as the Old Religion. The veracity of Gardner's claims cannot be independently proven, and it is thought that Wiccan theology began to be compiled no earlier than the 1920s.

Old Dorothy is quite recent, not old at all. The simple reason being that it was an oral tradition, none of it was written down so it had to be invented all over again.

There is one book that talks about earlier whitchcraft: Aradia or the Gospel of the Witches printed in 1899 by Ballantyne Hason & co.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

uh we know this. at least the "christians" who actually do just a little homework. thats why some of us in here keep proclaiming that all religions including this mainstream capitalistic christianity is part of the antichrist system that was started waay back when. babylon to be exact. purpose for all the mixing and crap in religions ?? thats obvious and is used for exactly what you said....to bring em in. and the lie works and has been working for thousands of years. this christianity that kills people in the name of god is part of the antichrist system cant you tell?? do you actually think that the true children of god would be so demonic? you have to be smarter than that.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

So you think these things come from the druids?????????? Beter go back a few more thousand years.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Funkydung, you asked me a while back on Sun Matrix' thread "Do you *see*?

It has taken this long to get it, but now the veil has been lifted. I do *see*

It is all about fire and sun worship. My question now is to know where the actual teachings of the true Jesus are to be found.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Jehova translated from Greek.

Well it looks like I caught Sun Matrix Spewing some more B.S. Again:

"The Septuagint (Old Testament in Greek translated by Rabbis)... renders the name generally by "Lord" (Kyrios), a translation of ***Adonai***"

As for were the word/name Jehovah came from: "It has been maintained by some recent scholars that the word Jehovah dates only from the year 1520.

Jehovah is composed of the abbreviated forms of the imperfect, the participle, and the perfect of the Hebrew verb "to be" (ye=yehi; ho=howeh; wa=hawah). According to this explanation, the meaning of Jehovah would be "he who will be, is, and has been".

**But such a word-formation has no analogy in the Hebrew language.**"

In other words: "Jahveh = Yahweh/Yahveh" -> " the Divine name is an imperfect form of the archaic Hebrew verb "to be", Jahveh means "He Who is", Whose characteristic note consists in being, or The Being simply."

Sources: www.newadvent.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 7-10-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente

In other words: "Jahveh = Yahweh/Yahveh" -> " the Divine name is an imperfect form of the archaic Hebrew verb "to be", Jahveh means "He Who is", Whose characteristic note consists in being, or The Being simply."

You can't possibly be this blind. I bet Terral would disagree. How about it Terral is this a true statement?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
In other words: "Jahveh = Yahweh/Yahveh" -> " the Divine name is an imperfect form of the archaic Hebrew verb "to be", Jahveh means "He Who is", Whose characteristic note consists in being, or The Being simply.

You are correct, sir. Neither the Aramaic nor Hebrew alphabet contains any letter "J" or any letter sounding like "j." Proof of this can be found in English Biblical names compared to their original Hebrew/Aramaic names: Yona -> Jonah, Yirmeyahu -> Jeremiah, "Yahya" the Baptizer -> John the Baptizer (John the Baptist), Yuel -> Joel, Yosef -> Joseph.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I must say, this is absolutely fascinating... I was a Christian for 20 years, but surprise surprise I found it lacking. Now you can condemn me sun matrix for being a "lost soul" or whatever your religious leader calls me, but faith in another man's words and faith in your own heart are very different things. Besides you're using all the same word vomit that every non thinking bible ILLITERATE person would.
"oh, I have no real proof to back up ANY of my claims, so I will read this scripture to enlighten you..." Garbage point and take.
Anything new added to the thought of biblical word is the work of the devil, don't you find that a bit odd? Can you read the original Dead Sea Scrolls? I bet not, so you are going off of what some other person says... Blind faith is just that BLIND.
Sorry to burst your bubble but not everyone that you try to sway to "your side" is ignorant to its flaws.
If God is all knowing, then what was the flood all about? (you would think he would already know it was gonna happen, so why create it in the first place? Same with Adam and Eve...)
Why didn't God have control of his angels that had NO FREE WILL?
Jesus said the only way to heaven was through Him, and he was God... So was God not in heaven?
If God was all about Love, why is the old testament all about his wrath and not about his forgiveness?
If we are all God's children, why were the Hebrews the chosen?
Who do you pray to, God or Christ or the Holy ghost? (I do have a response to any AND all answers to that)
If I am wrong, why do I speak with God (and hear him...taboo ohhhh), and he inspires me for good? (yeah thats obliviously the devil because God would not talk to a heathen)
Point is you cannot and never will be able to prove you are right or as I am assuming; better than anyone else.
Sorry but you have not been able to dent my belief in my God and now that I DO know some truth, you don't want to.
Ignorance is blessed to those with no real understanding of what was meant by the WORD.
Okay respond with your higher intellect and bible report-e.

Peace be in your heart and knowledge in your brain.
I don't mean to disrespect your belief structure entirely, there are great lessons to be learned from the English bible, but not everything can be known to man.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by westlink]

[edit on 17-10-2009 by westlink]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MorninG StaR 21

There isn't anything in the Christian religion that hasn't been stolen from Pagan religions pre-dating it from hundreds to thousands of years.

Yes I know of one, Salvation. For it is grace we are saved not works!

Pax

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

i agree with you and God is speaking with me in a much different way than what the average guy is teaching. What I believe is about the same as what you are talking about. Please keep in touch with me- I'd like to get in contact with you, because I consider you as a brother. Greetings, John- My e-mail address is [email protected]. I'd like to hear from you.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Yes I know of one, Salvation. For it is grace we are saved not works!

There are many things.

I am an agnostic, so if Christianity had copied off of its neighbor's page, then it'd all be the same to me. But it is obvious that it didn't copy. Christianity is plagiarized makes a great meme, and provides yet another excuse to moan about the plight of the ever put-upon "masses." But it ain't so.

All human activities will draw from the common well of the shared stock of human symbolic thought. Our symbols are shared because our environmental features (sun, moon, plants, animals ...) are shared. So is our "template biography" (everyone starts in the womb, emerges into the world, grows up, discovers sex, almost everybody makes some use of it, most have children, all begin to decline, and all die). The architecture of the human nervous system is shared, too.

The resemblance among different people's dreams is at least as startling as the resemblance among their religions. If last night, you dreamt that you were walking around in a house with three levels, and when you went into the basement, you found... - did you steal that dream from Carl Jung? Did you "borrow" that dream from Carl Jung?

No, you dreamt it for the same reason that Carl Jung dreamt it. The familiar house as a symbol of the individual mind and of his or her life story is part of the common heritage of mankind. You cannot steal what you already own by birthright, you cannot steal from someone whose exclusive property the thing never was.

Personally, I imagine any religion as a tar baby. They all pick up things by accretion from the cultures in which each of them operates. You see that very clearly in Buddhism.

Evangelical religions, like Buddhism or Christianity, displace earlier practices whenever the religion is adopted in a new place. To function effectively, it must provide solutions to all of the cultural aspects of life that the displaced religion used to cover.

So, for example, how do we celebrate the winter solstice now that we're not sun worshippers anymore? And we will celebrate - all humans everywhere hold parties when good things happen.

How about scheduling the observance of Jesus' birth to coincide with the winter solstice? (Um, that is not the anniversary of his birth, not his "birthday." Christians do not claim to know the date of his birth, and those who guess tend to place it in the fall or spring based on when shepherds would spend the night outdooors with their sheep.) Yes, why not?

It is a given that we shall hold a party when the sun ends its decline and begins its reascent towards full strength. We needn't worship the sun to rejoice that the cold spell will soon turn around. Being mammals explains our interest, being observant of environmental regularities sets the date.

And what shall we do to celebrate?

Well, last year, we threw an especially big log on the hearth fire, to represent the world tree from which Odin sacificed himself to himself, blah, blah, blah. Well, Odin's toast this year, but burning a really big log in the wintertime? That could work. Why don't we keep on doing that?

And so, a thousand years and change later, a religion founded in 1950, more or less, will claim that the Pope stole Yule logs from their co-religionists to secure his hold on the masses. Sure he did.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by eight bits]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

The following information provides proof

Proof? Where?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorninG StaR 21
The following information provides proof that everything in the Christian religion and in the bible has been STOLEN from other religions that predated it from all around the world.

"Stolen" is not the correct word, "borrowed" is better, "evolved from" more accurate, "Morphed" more modern.

I urge you to seek out the work of Joseph Campbell, especially the four volume work "The Masks of God". Especially "Occidental Mythology" (The link is to a detailed review of the book).

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join