It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs topic getting kinda boring!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Ok. I’ve been here on ATS for two years now. And it sure was a roller coaster ride. It would take me years to go through all the threads here. Literally zillions of them. And most of it is great stuff. Undoubtedly the best site on the net.

But having said that, I personally feel that we’re running out of steam where UFO related subjects are concerned. It’s the same stuff – some fuzzy photographs, the same type of sightings, the same abduction conspiracies, some videos and some stories. But no solid evidence.

It’s started to get a little boring and tedious to read the same stuff with some variations. Debunkers have the same monotonous line – birds, geese, sweat on the lens, Photoshop job, airbrush, balloons, hallucinations, stars, clouds, mass hypnosis and so on.

The only time I felt really interested was when Serpo hit the headlines on ATS. And it was pulse pounding while it lasted. But alas. It turned out to be one of the biggest hoaxes of all time.

I sometimes wonder if we would ever get to report close encounters of the next kind. Encounters and projects that are officially disclosed and public participation invited. Getting to know extraterrestrials, learning the secrets of the universe, technology to reach the stars and access to unlimited energy.

That would make our threads and posts a lot more interesting! That is, if extra terrestrials and UFOs are a reality!!

But will this disclosure ever happen in our lifetime?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
But will this disclosure ever happen in our lifetime?

I think the real question is:

Is there really something to disclosure?

Because if the only UFOs and ETs are the fake ones, then there is nothing to disclosure.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Good topic. I have alot of ideas and contributions to make to this thread, but unfortunatley i don't have the time right now.

One major idea i have about this thread:

Perhaps contributors to the threads aren't the free thinkers we think wished they were. I also see a majority of regurgitated rhetoric here. Perhaps we should try to follow in the footsteps of the greatest minds to advance our understanding of the phenomenon. How do we do this, you may ask?

Ask the questions no one else has.

The answer is inconceivable without the right question.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yes, there will be a disclosure, but i don't know when. And there is aliens in this world, it's not a question if there is anything to disclosure. I wonder what the people who so arrogantly belives we are the only intelligent creature in the entire universe do on this forum.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I had a thought.

It is naive and pridefull of humanity to believe we are still here without alien intervention. Of course, if you easily discount the myths/legends and records of our earliest cultures worldwide that speak of alien influence, then perhaps our perception is the problem.

Perhaps our existance is the proof we seek.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
How do we do this, you may ask?

Such as?

It is naive and pridefull of humanity to believe we are still here without alien intervention. Of course, if you easily discount the myths/legends and records of our earliest cultures worldwide that speak of alien influence

I disagree. There has never been any tangible evidence which has led anthropologists or archaeologists to believe that aliens have played any role in human history or development whatsoever. Of course, there is no proof that aliens exist at all and even less reason to suspect that they are visiting the Earth.

I think that we see what we want to see. When ancient peoples described visitors from the heavens and other related phenomena, it can be tempting to say "Oh, what they really saw was evidence of alien intervention, they simply didn't know at the time that was what they saw. They thought that these aliens were gods". But, in doing this, are we not simply interpreting the writings of our forebears to suit our own agenda? Perhaps we want to see evidence of alien visitation so badly that we create it in places where it might not necessarilly exist.

I personally do not believe that we are being naive to state that we have managed to survive and advance to the level we have without alien intervention. Humans are smart and adaptable. Our history is not a few hundred years old. We have been here for about 200 000 years now, surviving in every environment and flourishing despite an almost total lack of natural defences. We don't need aliens to do great things, or to survive. That's what we do best. I think we need to have some faith - in the intelligence and imagination of our ancestors and in our selves and our ability to advance and survive without the intercession of benevolent aliens.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

One major idea i have about this thread:

Perhaps contributors to the threads aren't the free thinkers we think wished they were. I also see a majority of regurgitated rhetoric here. Perhaps we should try to follow in the footsteps of the greatest minds to advance our understanding of the phenomenon. How do we do this, you may ask?

Fantastic response - and I agree 100%. My own personal belief is that it isn't so much that ufology researchers who are critical are trying to debunk every claim of ufo's and alien encounters, the problem is that they are all asking the wrong questions and reading from the wrong playbook.

When you read all of the articles online concerning ufology, you'll see much mention of the ufology folklore that has been around since the 1970's - MJ12 documents, project Aquarius, and the latest of course being Burisch and the like.

The field of ufology, while starting out in the 1950's as a truly scientific and somewhat respected study of an odd phenomenon - the rediculous folklore, legends, and outright hoaxes have only served to add ridicule to the field, and to disrespect any researcher who wants to conduct a serious study of the phenomenon.

The interesting part of the study of ufology today is the examination of the old stories that litter ufology, and the process of stripping away (and throwing away) the incorrect/hoaxed ones. Once that process is completed, not only will we have a list of solid stories that can be moved from the "folklore" pile to the "verified" pile....but we might also uncover who the individuals were who created and distributed the incorrect information, lies, or outright hoaxes. And once you go there - if the same individuals turn up every time, the next very interesting question is - who are these people, and why have they worked so hard at discrediting ufology for decades?

And finally...once you've cleaned house and removed all of the garbage the next step is examining the gems for the truth about the phenomenon.

There's nothing boring about that.

-Ry

[edit on 7-8-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
But no solid evidence.

I guess, this whole issue about UFOs and Paranormal, and any other unexplained events is not recommended for ordinary people. Those seeking solid evidence should not visit thiis forum because they will get bored.

But there are some type of people who KNOW things whether they are true orr false, without proof or evidence. They are capable to ignore threeads meant to be false, or know every true event clearly.

How it's done?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Huh Ufo topics are getting boring?.Did you read the ATS visitor survey results.This forum is the most fav forum dethroning the 9\11 and WOt forums by ats users.IMO ufo topics are starting to get intresting not boring.WE have the most awesome guys here AKA john lear,sleeper etc.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
People saying aliens exist and then some say aliens don't exist, we will never hear what we want to hear unless the government tells us.

All these underground secret labs, meetings with ex presidents and aliens signing deals, crashed ufo's, aliens working together with humans back engineering crafts and working on energy. All this has been said time and time again and I truely deep down believe aliens / reptiles / another race other than human, whatever u wana call it lives with us here on earth or comes in visitation. But unless the governments give us the answers we want and disclose, then yes they will use the best method of keeping the secrets ' under-wrap '. And the best method is ridicule.

If you ridicule someone or a group of people then they start to question their own judgements on what they did see or what they think they saw. Also ridicule from the general public is a huge key to non-believers.

The governments could keep this secret 4 eternity just by making more and more underground bases with long elaborate tunnels stretching accross and under the world. Aliens could be walking and existing on this planet ( i happen to think they are after much research ) but unfortunately unless an alien comes out in plain sight 4 the whole world to see, everyones opinions on this will be ridiculed and laughed at because the idea that aliens exist here on earth, and we don't know about them, sounds mad ! And quite rightly so...but what's to believe and what's not to believe anymore with world governments ? They tell so many lies about general politics, making up lies to go to war with countries. The american governments of the past and of today are so corrupt, just look at the Bush family. You couldn't get a more corrupt government than them ruling america over the years. They have their hands in every deal involving money.

So are they telling us the whole truth and nothing but the truth, like they have u swear to in courtrooms ?! Oh I highly doubt it !

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Arawn]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I hate to say this, but as a professional scientist (TM) you have to understand that there are times when it is boring. You have an interesting goal, but the muck is not always exciting. Think long term, 2 years is barely enough time to get a masters degree working straight out on readily visible data.

If you are getting bored, I would suggest the DIY approach. Do something new. Build some physical equipment with which to scan the skies. Go talk to an interview people in your own area who claim to have seen things, and do an anthropological study. There are many things you can do. But sitting around here waiting to be entertained is, well, I don't want to be too critical, but its sort of Modern and useless. Please don't take that the wrong way. Sorry

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSaneTK
Yes, there will be a disclosure, but i don't know when. And there is aliens in this world, it's not a question if there is anything to disclosure. I wonder what the people who so arrogantly belives we are the only intelligent creature in the entire universe do on this forum.

Some people may think that there are no ETs on Earth, but that does not mean that those people think that we (as a creature with intelligence enough to communicate with other creatures from other worlds) are alone in the Universe.

Some members of this forum have the opinion that UFOs are not from out of this planet, but they believe in UFOs.

Who are the ones that are wrong and the ones that are right?

Or are both right?

Toc

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25

Such as?

It is naive and pridefull of humanity to believe we are still here without alien intervention. Of course, if you easily discount the myths/legends and records of our earliest cultures worldwide that speak of alien influence

I disagree. There has never been any tangible evidence which has led anthropologists or archaeologists to believe that aliens have played any role in human history or development whatsoever. Of course, there is no proof that aliens exist at all and even less reason to suspect that they are visiting the Earth.

I think that we see what we want to see. When ancient peoples described visitors from the heavens and other related phenomena, it can be tempting to say "Oh, what they really saw was evidence of alien intervention, they simply didn't know at the time that was what they saw. They thought that these aliens were gods". But, in doing this, are we not simply interpreting the writings of our forebears to suit our own agenda? Perhaps we want to see evidence of alien visitation so badly that we create it in places where it might not necessarilly exist.

I personally do not believe that we are being naive to state that we have managed to survive and advance to the level we have without alien intervention. Humans are smart and adaptable. Our history is not a few hundred years old. We have been here for about 200 000 years now, surviving in every environment and flourishing despite an almost total lack of natural defences. We don't need aliens to do great things, or to survive. That's what we do best. I think we need to have some faith - in the intelligence and imagination of our ancestors and in our selves and our ability to advance and survive without the intercession of benevolent aliens.

Well if you consider the tapes and documents in possessions of some 450 witnesses of the Disclosure project not proofs, what would you consider to be? Are you of the ones those that is waiting for a ETV to land in your backyard?

Toc

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
I hate to say this, but as a professional scientist (TM) you have to understand that there are times when it is boring. You have an interesting goal, but the muck is not always exciting. Think long term, 2 years is barely enough time to get a masters degree working straight out on readily visible data.

If you are getting bored, I would suggest the DIY approach. Do something new. Build some physical equipment with which to scan the skies. Go talk to an interview people in your own area who claim to have seen things, and do an anthropological study. There are many things you can do. But sitting around here waiting to be entertained is, well, I don't want to be too critical, but its sort of Modern and useless. Please don't take that the wrong way. Sorry

This is some nice concrete stuff, Knee deep in the subject, get dirty, do some work, meet with people, join clubs and get busy with the subject. I totally agree with you Ecto.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial

Couldn't have said it any better myself - great post. The interview option is interesting because there are so many untold stories out there - the process to gather info that would be presented to the public does definitely take work...and it isn't always just entertainment. The fallout from the biggest claims and hoaxes are entertaining, but certainly do nothing to further the cause - ultimate disclosure.

-Ry

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me getting turned on to something like hamburgers.
Really awesome till you've ordered one with absolutely all the different combos
of toppings, types of buns, meat and temperature. But when you've had them all,
there are no new combos, so a hamburger just becomes a hamburger.

The UFO community needs new clearer sightings or credible documented proof of
someone somewhere knowing that they are real. -EBE's of course.
Other than that, enjoy your burger.

I'm off to check out the shakes!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
this guy posted this 3 hours after his flight sim photochop got debunked.

[edit on 8/7/2006 by evanostrand]

Is this a triangle UFO?

[edit on 8/7/2006 by evanostrand]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Sorry. Duplicate post.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanostrand
this guy posted this 3 hours after his flight sim photochop got debunked.

And did this 'guy' say that it was a UFO for certain? Read that post carefully dude. The last line says, 'I haven't the slighest clue'. So any crime committed here?

Anyways, this is an unwanted diversion by our friend evanostrand.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25

Such as?

I disagree. There has never been any tangible evidence which has led anthropologists or archaeologists to believe that aliens have played any role in human history or development whatsoever.

And your mood says you are optimistic?

Of course, there is no proof that aliens exist at all and even less reason to suspect that they are visiting the Earth.

I am beginning to suspect that the overwhelming majority of humanity is suffering from denial and psychosis.

"Houston, I said we have a bogie at 9 O'clock high"
- Astronaut Frank Borman, December 4th, 1965. Reporting from Gemini 7, a little more than 4 hours after liftoff.

I'd give you more instances where people in space were reporting ufos, but i'll save the compulation for a new thread.

As for the rest of your post, you make some compelling arguements, however i just feel there is enough evidence to more than suggest we are being visited.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join