It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AD 2300. Pop: 200 BILLIONS !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 01:06 PM
link   
800 million? I have heard 1 billion before. All of us that are posting on this message board must be very fortunate, because we have access to internet computers. Internet computers are still hard to come by for most people in the world.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
thanks, ultra_phoe. -as I suggested: we're well past it.
Oh dear.

Yep. And so, we have only 3 choices.

1) erasing 5 to 6 billions peoples.

2) Our Westerners way of life, we can forget it and let id down definitively.

3) Finding new solutions to all our problems ( Foods, energy, items, pollutions..... )

I don't know why, but I think the first choice or the second one will be chosed.

Probably the second one. A world with some few rich peoples ( 100-200 millions ), and the rest of us, completely poors.

Wellcome to your future ( a close future ). Welcome to the NWO/OWO.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenixWellcome to your future ( a close future ). Welcome to the NWO/OWO.

Not if we combine all our might to fight all these f*ckers and erase them from the face of the earth.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThomasCrowne

Relax, monkey-boy, it's going to be ok.

When I was in elememtary school the enlightened enviromentalists were scaring us to death with stories of how the earth would be a barren wasteland by now, and as you can see, we are even greener now than we were then and the pop isn't as they told us it'd be.

1) Don't discount something because the date was off (remember in "Dante's Inferno" where the scientist had some false predictions, so they didn't believe him and didn't get out in time)

2) Our resources ARE Strained, Soil depletion is a growing problem all around the world, especially in the Mid-west. Many farmers are beginning to have to rely more on fertalizers and chemicals to get much yeilds.

In fact, deforestation is VERY common, and many plant species like Ginkoba and such are going on the Endangered list because of over harvesting.

In Africa they have almost NO farm land, it's all too acidic and/or too dry.

We also have the Global Warming issue, I think it was in 2000 or 1999 that scientists admitted that if too much of the Northern Ice Caps melted it WOULD disrupt the Gulf stream, which in turn would cause either a massive blizzard in the northern climes...such as Europe, causing much distruction, or if it happend during the summer, it would in fact bring about the second ice age. That is Fact.

And consequently something I hope for, we all could use another Ice Age...

Plus, the only environmental prediction I ever heard is the Oil one, how it was supposed to run out in like 2020, but now they moved the date back to like 2100 because they've learned that there is more then one source of Oil, there is also A-biogenic oil, which seeps up from deeper in the crust.

Our world has a real problem, humans take up TOO much resources then this planet can support, either we leave, and fast, or we die. Already many nations have no food, they have no way of producing food, they have no way of getting it.

America makes plenty of food for itself, but it does use up almost all of the rest to feed china and give relief to other nations many in africa.

Plus there is a bigger consern, our demographics are edging more towards children, which means in the near future almost no one but the western world will have the know how of how to survive with such large populations.

The entire 3rd world is going to starve or be plague infested, and a new Dark Age will come, most of the world now has no real clue of how to opperate America and Europe's vast ammounts of Technology.

Just wait until 15 year olds start to make all the decisions as their stomachs meet their spines, it'll be like Mad Max, where there's technology, but barely anyone knows how to do anything but upkeep it.

Food production is becoming so advanced, that that is where the New Dark Age will strike.

Sincerely,
no signature.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by necro99

Not if we combine all our might to fight all these f*ckers and erase them from the face of the earth.

And for you, who are these " f*ckers " ?

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Nope, Stewards, this planet, the U.S.

OK, thats the second time this week i've heard the U.S referred to as a planet. I know they already control the world, as they are the most powerful nation ( or planet ), but are they now making it official? Is there something going on that I don't know about???

And I only just read this so sorry for the delay...

Anyway, I seriously doubt our population will rise that quickly, there'll always be something to stop us from multiplying out of control, whether it's natural ( disease or infertility ), or government control.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 11:28 AM
link   
CiderGood_HeadacheBad,

Skotland with a " K " ? I know some peoples who are writing America with " K " too.

A " k" like Komrad may be ?

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Whilst we moan about the fate of the planet, and some confuse the US with the planet, I think it might be appropriate to mention here the Kyoto agreement which was going to limit greenhouse gases and America refuses to sign...

Can we blame america for some of the environmental world problems, and to assauge the need to UP to reduce populations, reduce america'a population of very heavy consumers...

www.corpwatch.org...

WWF spokesperson Jennifer Morgan said the United States is trying to "polarize the discussions" and "does not want any current or future action on climate change."

"Progress has been frustratingly slow on the detailed issues here in New Delhi because of the usual sabotage from the usual suspects and a lack of political will from the rest," said Greenpeace campaigner Steve Sawyer. "It seems [U.S. negotiators] are only here to sabotage, obstruct, weaken and delay proceedings."

Implementing the Kyoto Protocol, and devising a plan to build upon it, was supposed to be a primary focus of the conference. Despite the opposition of the United States, which is responsible for 25 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions, supporters hope the accord will become effective early next year once it is ratified by Russia and Canada.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I haven't seen America with a "k" for ages.
This spelling was much favoured by the hippies! A German spelling and the idea was to suggest that the US was becoming a "Nazi" state.
These people are probably all investment brokers now.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 08:32 PM
link   
US position almost impossible to work out here -I think it's more a sort of reluctance to sign up to anything international that cedes any sort of control, rather than a "pro-emissions" Party Line.
Certainly, various states do their own thing - in California, emission-controls are threatening to make motor-cars impossible!

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Though it would be cool to have 200 billions of people on this planet(though not likely) that would mean more people on the ATS, or even better we could build a literal Corsucant!! Coolness!!

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join